To put the emphasis on High-Quality Music, Tidal is becoming one of the most famous streaming music services throughout the world. Now you can enjoy over 60 million tracks on Tidal app with subscription, which may cost you about $9.99 USD for Premium per month and up to $19.99 USD for HiFi per month. It is not small money for everybody to spend on music service.
However, the subscriber is not available to truly download Tidal songs onto the computer and transfer those streams to other players or devices. In this article, we will tell you the reason why we cannot download songs from Tidal onto computer, and more importantly, the solution about how to solve this problem. Read to find what you need as below.
Part 1. The Reason of You Can't Download Tidal Music onto Computer
Since the protection of music copyright, Tidal doesn’t support users to download songs from its music platform. It is a common situation that almost all of the streaming music services adopt the same measure, which includes iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, Google Music, and so on. Some of them allow users to purchase music in the form of songs or albums. The other (includes Tidal) claims that the subscriber is able to download tracks for offline playback.
However, the truth is that a track you download from Tidal is an encrypted music file, which is merely for playback on the Tidal app but not on other players on your computer. Furthermore, those "downloaded" streams will disappear immediately from your offline music list once you cancel your subscription, whether it is a Premium plan, a HiFi plan or any other subscription plans. That is to say, you have never really downloaded Tidal songs onto your computer and you will never manage to do that without a third-party tool.
Part 2. How to download music from Tidal to computer
As the content mentioned above, what you need is a powerful and functional music Downloader software to assist in downloading Tidal songs. Here, according to your needs, we sincerely recommend AudFree Tidal Music Downloader for Windows/Mac to you, which is the absolute leader of the Tidal music conversion field, transferring Tidal tracks into multiple common formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Adopting cutting-edge technologies, this software is in favor of keeping 100% lossless music quality with all metadata such as artists, albums, playlists, and so forth. The running speed of downloads could be up to 5X faster in order to make sure that you can download Tidal songs onto the computer without any difficulties and wasted time.
Part 3. Details to Download Songs from Tidal onto Computer
AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is compatible with both Windows and Mac. So please choose the right version and install it for a free trial. In the free version, each of Tidal music file has one minute conversion time so that you can try out whether it satisfies your demands. But for a perfect experience, to buy the full version is the best choice. And now let's see how it works in detailed tutorials:
- Step 1Export music from Tidal and add to AudFree
Click the download link above to install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer desktop. Turn it on and the Tidal app will be launched automatically in the meanwhile. To stream Tidal songs, please pick out the tracks or playlist you want to download on the Tidal app. Next, copy the link of the stream or playlist. Then please go to the main page of AudFree and paste the link you have just copied to the search bar. After that, Simply check on the "+" icon, and wait for few seconds until those songs imported in AudFree.
- Step 2Define Tidal output format and reset other parameters
- You can customize the output format depending on your requirements. On the Mac computer, you have to click the "AudFree Tidal Music Downloader" button on the menu bar. On the Windows computer, you need to choose the "menu" option on the AudFree page, and then select "Preferences" > "Convert" bar. When a new setting window shows up, you are free to reset output format as any universal one. Also, it is feasible for you to define Tidal music quality by adjusting the bit rate, audio codec, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal songs onto computer
- When all of the steps above are finished, just simply hit on the big "Convert" button at the lower right corner on the main page. Then the program will start at a 5X faster speed to download and convert encrypted Tidal tracks into the decrypted format which you have chosen before. The conversion time based on how many songs or playlists you have added in the first step. After conversion, please remember to locate your destination folder on your computer to check if all songs are successfully downloaded.