Is there any solution to rip music from Tidal for offline playback anywhere? I have subscribed to Tidal Hi-Fi plan to download Tidal music offline with its 'Offline Mode' function. As you can imagine, the higher audio quality always requires a faster speedy internet connection. So offline Tidal music could be the best way to explore Tidal entertainment. But it's still big trouble that I can't locate and transfer Tidal downloads to my portable devices, like MP3 player. Obviously, ripping is the way I need to choose.
When it comes to extracting music from Tidal, there are a wide variety of Tidal streaming music converters and recorders you can select in the market. To make you get rid of this hassle of testing them one by one, here, we will introduce two wonderful Tidal music solutions to let you rip Tidal music, respectively a professional Tidal music converter and a full-featured Tidal music ripper.
Part 1. Download/Rip Tidal Music with AudFree Tidal Music Converter
There are lots of streaming music recording tools that are able to record and rip audio tracks from Tidal music library. But here, we highly recommend AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac/Windows in advance. The reason why we put this Tidal Music Converter into the first place is that this smart music converter is specialized for Tidal subscribers and loves aiming to make Tidal music entertainment more convenient and easier.
By adopting innovative audio downloading and converting technology, AudFree Tidal Music Converter is well-designed to download music, playlists, albums from Tidal no matter you are using free trial or paid Tidal subscription and convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A or other common audio formats. So that you are able to transfer Tidal music downloads to any other devices and players for offline playback without Tidal app.
How to Download/Rip Radio from Tidal - Detailed Guide
The following tutorial is to guide you how to rip audio from Tidal with the assistance of AudFree Tidal Music Converter. This excellent Tidal music converting tool is available for Mac and Windows operating system. Please download the right free trial version according to your computer OS.
- Step 1Import Tidal music and playlists to AudFree
- This Tidal music converter offers an easy way to add Tidal music and playlists to AudFree for downloading. Just open this software, Tidal app will be launched automatically. Now, you can start to discover the favorite Tidal songs and copy and paste the Tidal playlist link to the search box of AudFree, it will start to analyze and load Tidal files for a while after you click the '+' button.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output format and other parameters
- There are six output audio formats for your choice. Just click the 'Preferences' from the top menu bar to choose 'Convert' section, it will show up the setting window, in which you can customize output format and other audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, channel, etc. To make the converted Tidal music more compatible, you'd better set the output format as MP3 that can be recognized by all devices.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal music, playlists
- When everything is OK, you can simply click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of AudFree's main interface, which is different from the step 2. And then all added Tidal songs will be downloaded and converted to plain audio files that can be playable anywhere. After conversion, you can click the 'file' icon to locate local Tidal tracks on your computer and play them on the popular devices.
- Video DemoHow to Rip Music from Tidal
Part 2. Rip Music from Tidal with AudFree Tidal Audio Capture
If you prefer to use the ripping way to play Tidal playlists offline on your devices, you can get help from AudFree Tidal Audio Capture for Mac/Windows, an intelligent streaming music capture, which can capture and rip audio from Tidal music, playlists, albums, etc. and support the same output audio formats as AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
With built-in leading-edge ripping technology, this professional audio ripping tool for Tidal can not only rip music from Tidal songs with high quality preserved but also supports grabbing multiple Tidal songs at the same time and divide Tidal recordings into independent tracks. Apart from extracting music from Tidal, it's also available for recording any sound from other popular streaming music services, like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Pandora, etc.
How to Rip Music from Tidal with Audio Capture - Detailed Tutorial
Just download and install the AudFree Tidal Audio Capture on your computer and then you can refer to the following guide to rip music from Tidal without subscription and save them as local files for free playback.
- Step 1Set up AudFree Tidal music ripping tool
- When you launch this all-in-one audio capture for Tidal, you will see its main interface as below. There are a list of installed programs on your computer, like Spotify, iTunes, etc. Just check out whether Tidal app or the web browser you use to access to Tidal library is in the list, if not, please hit on the big '+' button or just drag and drop it from computer desktop to add it.
- Step 2Define Tidal output parameters for ripping
- Not only recording Tidal music, this software also enables users to personalize output settings for ripping. You can click the 'audio' icon to open the setting window and then you can start to define output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, or other plain audio formats, adjust other audio parameters to enhance the output quality of Tidal records. When all settings are done, please don't forget to touch the 'OK' to confirm them.
- Step 3Play and record songs/playlists from Tidal
- Now, you will come back to the main interface again. Please touch the Tidal app in the starting window, Tidal app and the recording window will be launched automatically. When you play Tidal music in Tidal app, AudFree will launch its recording mode to record Tidal audio tracks playing on Tidal app simultaneously. If you don't install Tidal app, you can open the web browser, like Chrome to play Tidal playlists, and all playing Tidal tracks can be recorded well.
- Step 4Edit and save ripped Tidal music
- If you just need a small audio clip of the whole Tidal song recording, just click the 'edit' icon at each ripped track to launch trimming feature. And then you can cut and trim Tidal tracks into small segments. In addition, you can tap on the 'Tag' section to customize ID3 tags, like year, album, cover, etc. according to your special needs. Wait, please click the 'Save' button to export all Tidal tracks into your computer.
Bottom Line: Best Solution to Rip Tidal Music
Tidal Music Converter or Tidal Audio Capture, which one to choose? If you can't make the final decision after reading the above detailed tutorial, you can have a quick glance at the complete comparison between two one-stop Tidal music solutions as below.
|AudFree Tidal Music Converter||AudFree Tidal Audio Capture|
|Support Input Format||Tidal songs, playlists, albums||Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Pandora, Last.fm, Amazon Music, etc.|
|Supported Output Format||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B|
|Conversion Speed||5X Faster Speed||Real time|
|Customize Output Quality||Yes||Yes|
Both of two Tidal audio tools have the ability of ripping audios from Tidal music, playlists and albums without touching the original audio quality.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter works at 5 conversion speed which is faster than AudFree Audio Capture (it record at 1:1 real time). But AudFree Tidal Audio Capture is much cheaper $10 than converter and can extract sounds from other sources.
You can weigh the pros and cons of the middle and make the final right decision to rip Tidal playlists and transfer them to any devices for offline playback without problem.