Amazon Prime subscribers can get free access to more than 100 million personalized songs. Plus, Amazon Music allows users enjoy ad-free music on mobile, desktop, smart watches, and more supported devices. However, it is hard to download Amazon Music files to your computer or other devices locally. You are only allowed to play music from Amazon Prime during your subscription period. Once your subscription expires, you won't be able to access the resources.
Therefore, we will walk you through how to download music from Amazon Prime to PC. In this way, you can get Amazon Prime Music download to PC for free playback forever even though you cancel Amazon Music plan.
See also: How to Cancel Amazon Music Subscription
Part 1. Can I Download Music from Amazon Prime to My Computer
Actually, whether you're an Amazon Prime member or an Unlimited member, you cannot download music to a computer locally while you can get cache files. As an Amazon Prime member, you can download purchased music from Amazon Music as cache files. And they can store the downloaded music on the Amazon Music app for offline playback. Plus, they can import the downloaded files to iTunes or Windows Media Player.
Part 2. How to Download Amazon Prime Music on PC via the Amazon Music App
Here is how to save music using the Amazon Prime Music app for PC. You can learn how to download Amazon Music Unlimited songs on your computer as well. But please pay attention that the downloaded resources are protected by Amazon Music.
How to Download Purchased Music from Amazon Prime on PC
Step 1. Select "Library" and then click on "Songs". Next, click the "Purchased" tab to see all the music you own.
Step 2. Then click on the "Download" icon that's next to the song or album.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the songs or albums to the "Download" option located under the "Actions" section in the right sidebar.
Step 3. Your downloaded music is already saved to an Amazon Music folder on your computer. Check in the "My Music" tab for Windows devices or in the "Music" folder for Mac devices. Finally, choose any song to play and enjoy it offline.
How to Download Music from Amazon Music Unlimited on PC
Step 1. If you subscribe to Amazon Unlimited Music, you can directly locate the songs you want to download. Then, click the "three-dot" icon to select "Download".
Step 2. You can find the Amazon Music Unlimited downloads by clicking "Library" > "Songs" > "Downloaded".
Part 3. How to Download Music from Amazon Prime to PC Locally
As we talked about above, downloaded songs are only stored on the Amazon Music app as cache files. Once your subscription expires, your songs will disappear.
So, you'd better find a way to actually download Amazon Prime Music to computer. And the best tool you can use is the AudFree Amazon Music Converter. It allows you to save real audio files from Amazon Prime Music as well as Amazon Music Unlimited. All the songs will be stored in your computer's local folder. So, you can keep them forever even if your subscription expires.
AudFree Amazon Music Converter has a built-in ID3 tags editor that keeps the necessary data such as artist, album, title, etc. It also frees you from the distractions of ads and makes your music experience smoother. Not only that, it's fast enough to reach 5x speed and batch download.
Guide on How to Download Music from Amazon Prime to PC for Local Playback
You can also easily install the AudFree Amazon Music Converter by clicking the 'Download' button above. Then you can follow the steps below to save Amazon Prime Music to your computer.
- Step 1Adjust output parameters for Amazon Prime Music
- Open the AudFree Amazon Music Downloader. Click on the "three lines" menu icon in the upper-right corner to launch the settings window. Then select the "Preferences" > "Convert" section. Next, define the output parameters for Amazon Prime Music as you want.
- Step 2Add Amazon Prime Music to AudFree Amazon Music Converter
- Find the songs/playlists/albums you wish to download and convert on the Amazon Music app. Then tap the item and choose "Share" > "Copy Track Link". Next, paste this link into the address bar of the AudFree software and click the "+" button. Then you will see your songs loading automatically. Alternatively, you can drag and drop single songs to the software directly.
- Step 3Convert and download Amazon Prime Music to PC for playback
- Finally, hit the "Convert" button and let the conversion process begin. The AudFree Amazon Music Converter will then download and convert Amazon Music to computer at a faster 5X speed. Then you can find the converted Amazon Music in the "Converted" folder. Just click the button with a red number to see the converted Prime Music list. You can also locate the folder directly on your computer by clicking on the "Search" icon. Then you can stream Amazon Prime audio on a computer offline.
Part 4. FAQs about Downloading Music from Amazon Prime to PC
Q1: Why Can't I Download Amazon Prime Music on PC?
A: If you've updated the Amazon Prime Music app for PC, you can try to re-download your music. You can also check whether you've connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Q2: Can Amazon Prime Members Download Music to PC for Free?
A: Prime members can play songs from Amazon Music All-Access Playlists and download them for offline listening. However, if you want to play more content on your device for free forever, you need to use a third-party tool like AudFree Amazon Music Downloader to save music from Amazon Prime.
Q3: Is There An Amazon Prime Music Download Limit for PC?
A: Yes. The songs you download are protected and they can only be played through Amazon Music. It means that these songs can not be transferred to any other devices. To bypass this restriction, you can use the AudFree Amazon Music Converter.
A: For Windows, you can find your offline Amazon Music files on C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Amazon Music\Data. For Mac, you can go to UserName/Library/Application Support/Amazon Music/Data.
Part 5. Conclusion
For the official way of Amazon Music, you cannot download music from Amazon Prime to PC. However, we conclude another way to help you in Part 3. The powerful converter, AudFree Amazon Music Converter, allows you to download real audio files from Amazon Music. All the songs will be stored in your computer's local folder so you can use them as you want.