Nowadays, people are more likely to seek lossless audio to enrich their listening experience. What sets Amazon Music apart from other music streaming platforms is the Amazon Music Unlimited plan. It is a service that features lossless audio, meaning subscribers can listen to millions of songs in HD and Ultra HD for free. In other words, you can enjoy huge CD quality songs at your fingertips.
If you want to learn more about Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD, this article will be beneficial to you. This post will introduce the main features of Amazon HD Music, such as the streaming device, sound quality, bitrate and more. Afterwards, you will also learn about the two ways to download Amazon Music HD for offline enjoyment.
Part 1. What Is Amazon HD/Ultra HD Music
HD and Ultra HD audio is actually exclusive to Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers. When you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited for $9.99 a month, you'll have access to 90 million Amazon HD Music and millions of Amazon Ultra HD Music. As for streaming devices, you can listen to Amazon Music HD on Echo devices, Sonos speakers, Fire TV, iOS, Android, desktop and more.
In fact, both HD and Ultra HD are encoded in lossless FLAC codecs. Technically speaking, Amazon Music HD offers 44.1KHz sample rate, 850kbps bit rate and 16-bit depth audio, which we also call CD quality. While Amazon Music Ultra HD takes it up a notch with sample rate of 44.1kHz to 192kHz and an average bit rate of 3730kbps, as well as 24 bits.
Generally speaking, if you care about audio quality, then Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD are always worthwhile in providing a good listening experience.
Part 2. How to Get Amazon Music HD/Ultra HD Download Officially
If you wish to download Amazon HD Music for offline playback, you will need to have an Amazon Music Unlimited account in advance. Please also note that if your subscription expires or is cancelled, you will no longer be able to access these downloaded songs either. Now, follow the steps below to download Amazon Music Ultra HD and HD.
Step 1. Launch the Amazon Music app on your device and sign in to your Amazon Music Unlimited account.
Step 2. Select the song, album or playlist you want to download directly from your Amazon Music library. Afterwards, click on the three horizontal dots next to the song to select "More options".
Step 3. Now, click on the "Download" option. You will find several sound qualities to choose from, just select "HD" or "Ultra HD" depending on your needs.
Part 3. How to Download Amazon Music HD Locally
It's pretty obvious that Amazon Music free users are not able to get Amazon Music HD downloads by the above method. Also, even if you do download Amazon Music songs, they are only available in the Amazon Music app and cannot be moved to any other device for playback.
In order to download Amazon HD Music without restrictions, we have found an Amazon Music HD ripper to solve the above dilemma - AudFree Amazon Music Downloader. As its name suggests, it is a professional tool dedicated to downloading Amazon Ultra HD and HD Music to your computer locally. It is specifically designed to convert Amazon Music to MP3, AAC, WAV and other common formats. This way, you can save Amazon Music downloads forever so that you can enjoy the songs in CD quality at all times and places.
AudFree Amazon Music Downloader
- Download Amazon HD and Ultra HD Music as local files
- Convert Amazon Music to MP3, AAC, WAV and other common formats
- Play Amazon Music HD on more players offline
- Save Amazon Music HD/Ultra HD forever for free use
How to Download Amazon Music HD Locally
- Step 1Add Amazon HD Music to AudFree Amable
- Run the AudFree Amazon Music Downloader on your Windows or Mac computer, after which the Amazon Music app will also open automatically. At this point, copy and paste the URL of your favorite song directly into the tool's search bar, then press the Add icon next to it.
- Step 2Customize Amazon Music Output Settings
- Simply click on the "Menu" button at the top right to select the Preferences section. In the settings window that pops up, you will be able to select the output format for Amazon Music as MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, etc. If you need to change the bit rate, sample rate, output path etc., you can also make the relevant settings in this step.
- Step 3Download Amazon Music HD/Ultra HD Locally
- Now, simply press the "Convert" button to start converting and downloading Amazon Music. Once done, click on the "folder" icon at the bottom to view all your Amazon Music Ultra HD download. Then you can listen to Amazon Music offline on the desired player and device anytime and anywhere.
Part 4. FAQs of Amazon Music HD
Q1: What Devices Can Play Amazon Music HD?
In reality, Echo devices, Sonos speakers, Fire TV, iOS, Android, desktop and other devices can be used to listen to Amazon HD and Ultra HD Music. However, please note that the web player cannot access HD and Ultra HD audio.
Q2: What Is the Difference between HD and Ultra HD on Amazon Music?
The main difference between them is the quality of the music. Amazon Music HD offers 850kbps bit rate, 44.1KHz sample rate, 16 bit depth. Whereas Amazon Music Ultra HD has a 3730kbps bit rate, 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling rate and 24 bits. Overall, Ultra HD audio will be superior to HD audio.
Q3: Does Amazon Music HD Better Than Spotify?
Amazon HD Music is also what users call CD quality audio with bit rates up to 850 kbps, while Spotify offers audio quality from 24 kbps to 320 kbps. It is clear that Amazon currently offers better quality music than Spotify.
Part 5. In Conclusion
If you are someone who values music quality, then you can't go wrong with Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD. If you are eager to download Amazon HD Music, then AudFree Amazon Music Converter is the best choice. This way you can enjoy music in CD quality offline to your heart's content.