The Free Lossless Audio Compression emerged way back in 2001 as an open-source alternative to Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) and Waveform Audio Format (WAV). FLAC is also regarded as a better compression mode than the most popular MP3, which is a lossy format. As MP3 compresses files by permanently removing some parts, FLAC shrinks files by reducing the size to half of a CD while maintaining all the audio quality details.
You can encode your songs with FLAC and still tag a variety of criteria like song length, track title, artist name, among others. The FLAC format is suitable for storage purposes and playback quality like getting Amazon Music FLAC. Amazon has amazing audio quality with up to 320 kbps standard.
Nonetheless, Amazon Music HD offers double, up to 850 kbps which is a top-notch standard. However, the music you download for offline listening from Amazon Music is saved as an encoded FLAC file. This is only limited to use within the Amazon Music app. You, therefore, need to convert such files to access them outside the Amazon Music app.
Part 1. How to Get Amazon FLAC Music Download via Music Downloader
You first need to convert your music to download FLAC audio files from Amazon Music. AudFree Amazon Music Converter is the tool that will download Amazon Music to WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, etc. You can then listen to your music offline on any device.
AudFree Amazon Music Converter will also keep the lossless quality of your converted music, retaining the ID3 meta information like genre, artist, track number, among others. Check the next section to download and convert Amazon Music to local files without interruption by ads.
How to Download Amazon Music to FLAC Step by Step
AudFree Amazon Music Converter has an intuitive user interface that lets you easily download and convert Amazon Music to local formats. Follow these steps.
- Step 1Launch AudFree Amazon Music Converter
- Go to the AudFree Amazon Music Converter website to download and install the app on your computer. Then launch it and it will present you with the official Amazon Music web player. Next, go to the "Sign In" tab to log in to your Amazon account using your email and password.
- Step 2Register for AudFree Amazon Music Converter
- The next step is to register AudFree Amazon Music Converter. Just go to the top-right of the screen and click on the "three-line" icon, then click on the "Register" option from the drop-down list. You'll then need to enter your license email and the registration code once the registration window pops up.
- Step 3Customize Amazon Music output format to FLAC
- To customize the output parameters, hit the "Preferences" tab and click on the "Advanced" panel. Next, customize the settings such as bit rate, codec, sample rate, etc.
- Step 4Download FLAC music from Amazon
- Locate and open the Amazon Music you need to play in FLAC format. Then click on the "+" icon to add your playlist to the AudFree interface. The icon will turn to the color orange. Then, click on it once more to add your playlist to the AudFree app. Next, click on the "Convert" tab to begin the download and convert process. Access the converted playlists in the "Converted" folder of your computer's local storage.
Part 2. How to Convert Amazon Music to FLAC via Audio Capture
This section shows you how to record and convert audio files from the Amazon Music streaming service. AudFree Audio Capture works earnestly to record and edit soundtracks on your computer while retaining 100% original quality. Audio Capture will record your audios as FLAC, AAC, WAV, among other local file formats. You'll also manage to set output formats like audio channel, sample rate, codec, etc. This tool also features a real-time preview window to help you view your files while recording.
How to Record and Convert Amazon Music to FLAC with Audio Capture for Windows
AudFree Audio Capture can record and edit all audio tracks from Amazon Music streaming service, local videos, games, among others. Here are the steps to record and save your audio files on your computer in FLAC format.
- Step 1Open AudFree Audio Capture
First, launch AudFree Audio Capture and open Amazon Music streaming service.
- Step 2Customize Amazon Music output format to FLAC
Define the output format of your file by clicking on the "Format" button at the bottom-right corner of the AudFree app. A new window will open where to personalize output parameters like sample rate, codec, bit rate, etc.
- Step 3Play and capture Amazon audio tracks
Go to the starting window and touch the target program. AudFree will pop up a new recording window as well. Next, play the music that you wish to capture and the AudFree app will immediately launch the recording. You can record multiple music tracks at the same time with the AudFree app.
- Step 4Save and edit your Amazon audio recordings
After recording, click the "Edit" icon to edit your track as desired. You can set time, merge tracks or perform other editing tasks. Finally, click on the "Save" tab to store audio records in the computer's local storage folder.
Part 3. How to Download Amazon Music HD FLAC via Official Way
If you are an Amazon Music HD or Unlimited subscriber, you can get Amazon Music HD, encoded by lossless FLAC codes. HD audio streams up to 850kbps and offers you over 50 million songs. Follow these steps to get Amazon Music HD FLAC via the official way.
Step 1. Open the Amazon Music app on your device.
Step 2. Then tap on the "My Music" tab.
Step 3. Next, tap the "three dots" to the right of the song or playlist you want to listen to.
Step 4. Click on the "Download" button to download your song or playlist for offline listening.
Part 4. FAQs of Amazon Music and FLAC
1. Can I Buy Music from Amazon in FLAC
Amazon only allows customers to buy music in 256 kbps MP3 or WAV format. You will need to employ a third-party tool to convert Amazon Music to FLAC format for access.
2. Does Amazon Music Support FLAC Format
Yes, Amazon music streams FLAC format.
3. Can Amazon Music Upload FLAC Files
Yes, you can upload and enjoy over 50 million songs in 16 bit/44.1 kHz CD-quality.
Part 5. Conclusion
You just managed to download and play FLAC in Amazon Music with AudFree Amazon Music Converter. Likewise, you can edit your converted music with AudFree Audio Capture in simple steps. And since FLAC format offers you lossless audio quality, you have the best opportunity to stream quality music on any device.