Whether you're a runner, a swimmer, or a cyclist, Garmin is a great choice for a sports watch. Some Garmin watches allow you to store local music files for offline playback. In addition, Garmin watches even support some music streaming services. These include Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, and iHeartRadio.
"How do I get Garmin Tidal to work?" Although there is no Tidal Garmin watch integration, we have found a way to help you. In this article, we will show you the best way to play Tidal on Garmin watch.
Part 1. Tool to Connect Tidal to Garmin Watch
Since Garmin devices support importing local music files for listening, you can try to download Tidal music to local files. And the best tool you can use is AudFree Tidal Music Converter. You can use it to convert Tidal music to audio formats supported by your Garmin watch, including MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc.
AudFree Tidal Downloader is an easy-to-use software with powerful features. It can maintain 100% lossless audio quality and full ID3 tags for your Tidal music. It supports batch downloading of Tidal songs at up to 5X speed. With it, you can successfully listen to Tidal on Garmin watches.
If you want to know how it works, you can click the "Download" button below to get the free trial version. Then please go to the next section where we will provide you with detailed instructions.
Part 2. How to Download Tidal for Garmin Watch
Here, we will guide you on how to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to convert Tidal audio for playback on Garmin watches.
- Step 1Load Tidal music to AudFree
- Open AudFree Tidal Converter on your computer desktop. At the same time, you will see Tidal app will open automatically. Go to the Tidal app to find the track you want to convert and download. Next, copy and paste the URL of the track to the search box on the main screen of AudFree. Finally, hit on the big '+' button and AudFree will load the Tidal audio to the main interface in few seconds. For an easier approach, you can directly drag and drop songs from Tidal to this downloader.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output format for Garmin watches
- Click on the 'menu' icon and then change to the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to begin the set. In the pop-up window, you can adjust the audio format to MP3, AAC, M4A, etc. to get Garmin watch Tidal work. You are also allowed to customize the channel, bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your needs. Once finished, please don't forget to touch on the 'OK' button to keep the settings.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for Garmin watches
- Now, just simply click on the 'Convert' button at the bottom right on the main page. Then the program will convert Tidal music to the format you chose before. When all the Tidal audio tracks are converted completely, a red spot with numbers will be shown on the 'Converted' icon. You could click on it to locate and check the converted Tidal audios in the target folder on your computer. And now you are ready to listen to Tidal music on Garmin watch.
Part 3. How to Play Tidal on Garmin Watch
After getting the Tidal music as compatible local files on your computer, now you could go on to move Tidal music to Garmin watch for listening. There are two methods for you to get Tidal music on Garmin smartwatch. Let's check below to see how to do that.
Way 1. Upload Tidal Music to Garmin Watch via Garmin Express App
Step 1. Download the Garmin Express app on your computer.
Step 2. After installing the Garmin Express on your computer, open it by clicking 'Get Started'.
Step 3. Connect your Garmin watch to your computer with a USB cable. Then choose 'Add a Device'
Step 4. Select 'Add Device' and log in to your Garmin account.
Step 5. Choose the 'Music' option on Garmin Express. Then hit on the 'folder' icon to find the downloaded Tidal music you like to put on Garmin watch.
Step 6. Select the Tidal music files you want to import and then touch on 'Send to Device' to sync Tidal music to Garmin watch.
Step 7. Now you can click 'My Music' to stream Tidal on Garmin smartwatch.
Way 2. Transfer Tidal Music to Garmin Watch by Android File Transfer
Step 1. Download the Android File Transfer app on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect your Garmin device to your Mac via a USB cable.
Step 3. Open the Android File Transfer app.
Step 4. Copy and paste the converted Tidal music files to your Garmin watch.
Note: The Garmin Express and the Android File Transfer can't be used at the same time. If you have Garmin Express app opened, it may not allow Android File Transfer to open when your Garmin device is plugged in. To avoid this, please close the Garmin Express first and then plug your Garmin back in again.
Part 4. FAQs about Garmin Tidal
Q1: What Music Services Work with Garmin Smartwatch?
A: Now Garmin watches support four music streaming services including Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, and iHeartRadio.
Q2: Can I Transfer Music from My Phone to My Garmin Watch?
A: No. You can only sync music from your computer using the Garmin Express app.
Q3: Does Tidal Work on Garmin Watch?
A: No. There is no Tidal for Garmin app. However, you can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download and convert Tidal music to Garmin watch-supported audio files. Then you can use Garmin Express to put these downloaded Tidal songs to your watch for listening.
Q4: How Do I Put Music on My Garmin Watch?
A: You can only transfer unprotected music files to your watch. Simply connect your watch to your computer with a USB cable. Then open Garmin Express and select your watch. Finally, choose the music you want to upload to your watch.
Q5: Do I Need My Phone to Play Music on My Garmin Watch?
A: No. Once you've downloaded songs in advance, they are stored on your watch. So, you can listen to them without a phone nearby.