Q: "Does 'Tidal Music Garmin' work? Recently, I got a Garmin smartwatch from one of my friend. I was a Tidal user and wanted to listen to Tidal songs on Garmin while doing sports, but just found that the Garmin watch is not available for Tidal. Is there any solution that can help to play Tidal music on Garmin smartwatches? Many thanks in advance!"
Garmin smartwatches can do lots of things. It supports music playback, heart rate monitoring, smart notifications, GPS navigation, etc. As for the music support, currently there are only some music streaming services available on Garmin watches, like Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer and iHeartRadio.
From above, we learned that Garmin doesn't support Tidal. But please don't worry, it allows users to upload the local music files for listening. In this post, we will introduce a tool for you to get Tidal music as local music files and then you can use them on Garmin. Now, let's see how to listen to Tidal music on Garmin smartwatches.
Part 1. Get Tidal Music on Garmin - Best Tool
Though Garmin devices support to import local music files from the computer, you also need to be aware of the audio files it supports. Only MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc. audio formats that can work on Garmin smartwatches. However, Tidal music is in special audio formats, which can't be played on Garmin. Thus, to get Tidal music for listening on Garmin successfully, you need to change the audio file formats for them in advance and keep them as local audio files.
In order to make it, a third-party tool is required. Now, we would like to highly recommend the AudFree Tidal Converter to you. It is an easy-to-use program, which is designed to convert Tidal audio tracks to plain formats like MP3, WAV, M4A, etc. and other formats that are compatible with Garmin. With this tool, you can get the Tidal music converted with original quality and ID3 tags kept.
If you want to know how it works, you could click the 'Download' button below to get the trial version for free, but you can only convert each song for 1 minute. If you don't know how to use this tool, please go ahead to the next part and we will show the detailed guidance for you.
Part 2. How to Convert Tidal Music for Garmin Devices
Here, we will guide you on how to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to convert Tidal audios for playback on Garmin watch in details.
- Step 1Load Tidal music to AudFree
- After downloading and installing AudFree Tidal Converter on your computer, then click on it to open it on your computer desktop. At the same time, you will see Tidal app will open automatically. Go to the Tidal app to find the track you want to convert and download. Next, copy and paste the URL of the track to the search box on the main screen of AudFree. Finally, hit on the big '+' button and AudFree will load the Tidal audios to the main interface in few seconds.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output settings
- For Mac users, you could find and touch on the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' on the menu bar of the Mac system. While Windows users just need to hit on the Menu icon at the top right corner of AudFree main interface. After that, you can click to the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to begin the setting. In the pop-up window, you can adjust the audio format, channel, bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your needs. Once finished, please don't forget to touch on the 'OK' button to keep the settings.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for Garmin
- Now, just simply click on the 'Convert' button at the bottom right on AudFree main page. Then the program will convert the Tidal music to the format you chose before. When all the Tidal audio tracks are converted completely, a red spot with numbers will be showed on the 'Converted' icon. You could touch on it to locate and check the converted Tidal audios at the target folder on your computer.
Part 3. How to Put Tidal Music on Garmin
After getting the Tidal music as local files on your computer, now you could go on to move Tidal music to Garmin for listening. There are two methods for you to get Tidal music on Garmin smartwatch. Let's check as below to see how to do that.
Tidal Music on Garmin Watch via Garmin Express App
Step 1. Download the Garmin Express app on your computer.
Step 2. After installing the Garmin Express on your computer, choose 'Get Started', and then 'Add a Device'.
Step 3. Plug your Garmin watch into your computer with the USB cable.
Step 4. Select 'Add Device' and log in your Garmin account.
Step 5. Choose the 'Music' option on Garmin Express, and hit on the folder icon to find the music you like to upload to Garmin watch.
Step 6. Select the Tidal music files you want to import and then touch on the 'Send to Device' to sync Tidal music to Garmin. Then you can listen to Tidal music on Garmin smartwatch.
Tidal Music on Garmin by Android File Transfer
Step 1. Download the Android File Transfer app on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect your Garmin device to your Mac via the USB cable.
Step 3. Double click the Android File Transfer app.
Step 4. Copy and paste the converted Tidal music files to Garmin watch.
Note: The Garmin Express and the Android File Transfer can't be used at the same time. If you have Garmin Express app opened, it may not allow Android File Transfer to open when your Garmin device is plugged in. To avoid this, please close the Garmin Express first and then plug your Garmin back in again.