Q: "I am a loyal Apple Music user and would like to add my favorite Apple songs to Traktor DJ app as background music. But I find it would be hard to do. Is there any solution? Thanks!"
Actually, it is a popular way to enjoy music in Traktor DJ with Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music and other streaming music. Today, we will focus on Traktor Apple Music integration. How to use Apple Music on Traktor Pro 3/DJ 2 for mixing? Please read on to find the answers you need.
Part 1. Does Traktor Work with Apple Music
Nowadays, there is no official land for Apple Music and Traktor integration. Also, Apple Music, encoded in M4P format, is copyright protected. Even if you pay to download it to your local drive, you can only listen to it on Apple-licensed devices. Therefore, there is no way to play Apple Music on Traktor DJ unless M4P Apple Music can be converted to unprotected audio format supported by Traktor.
|Apple Music Format||DRM-protected M4P|
|Traktor Supported Audio Formats||MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC|
Part 2. How to Get Traktor Apple Music Work - Tool Required
Here, we highlight the popular AudFree Apple Music Converter to help you with the task of converting Apple Music for playing on Traktor DJ. With it, you can freely convert Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AAC, etc. compatible with Traktor DJ. After that, it couldn't be easier to import Apple Music on Traktor program for DJing at will.
As one of the best Apple Music converters, AudFree Auditior has developed 30X speed and lossless conversion technology to remove the playback limitations of M4P Apple Music while preserving the lossless quality and original ID3 tags. Besides Apple Music conversion, it can also convert Audible, iTunes books and many other general audio files very well. In short, it can do a lot more than you can imagine.
How to Convert Apple Music to Traktor DJ Compatible Files
After a careful study of AudFree Apple Music Converter, it's time to learn how to use it to convert Apple Music to Traktor DJ compatible common formats.
- Step 1Load Apple Music tracks to AudFree Auditior
- Double-click to launch AudFree Apple Music Converter, and the iTunes application will be loaded automatically. On the main interface, select the "Load iTunes Library" icon in the lower left corner to bring up the iTunes Library window. Then, select all the required music tracks and click "Add".
- Step 2Set output format and settings for Traktor DJ
- Now, it is time to specify output format for Traktor DJ. You should touch the "Format" icon that is to the left of the "Convert" button presented at the lower right corner. On the format settings panel, choose a Traktor compatible output format and go further to customize the codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate if any need. After that, confirm and save settings with the "OK" button.
- Step 3Download Apple Music for Traktor DJ
- Tap on the "Convert" button to start conversion. You might take some time if you import a lot of Apple Music to convert. Wait patiently, please. When the process is done, directly locate the converted music files by a click of the right icon of "Converted" button.
Part 3. How to Import Apple Music to Traktor Pro 3/DJ 2
Once Apple Music is successfully saved to Traktor supported unprotected formats with no playback restrictions, you can start to connect Traktor to Apple Music. To do this, please refer to the detailed steps below.
Step 1. Please open the Traktor DJ 2 or Pro 3 application.
Step 2. Go to the top "Menu" bar and select "File" > "Preferences".
Step 3. Click on the "File Management" option. Click the "Add" button under "Music Folders" and browse through the music folders on your computer.
Step 4. Find the converted Apple Music folder and click on the Choose button.
Step 5. Right-click on the "Track Collection" and select "Import Music Folder" to add Apple Music tracks to Traktor DJ software.
Step 6. Now you can easily mix Apple music library with Traktor Pro 3 or DJ 2.
Part 4. FAQs about Traktor DJ Apple Music
Do Any DJ Apps Work with Apple Music?
At present, Mixonset has partnered with Apple Music to facilitate mixing your favorite music.
What Streaming Services Work with Traktor?
Beatport, Beatsource Streaming and SoundCloud Go+ are streaming services that offer their extensive catalog for Traktor users.
How Do I Use Apple Music in Traktor?
You'd better make use of third-party software like AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music to be compatible with Traktor. After that it is a simple task to play Apple Music with Traktor DJ.
Part 5. Summary
As long as you make good use of AudFree Apple Music Converter and follow the steps above, you will have the opportunity to use Apple Music with Traktor DJ and other DJ software like Rekordbox. If you are interested in DJing, take action and try mixing Apple Music tracks in Traktor Pro 3 or DJ 2 from now on.