Q: Can I move Audible books to SD card? I would like to listen to audiobooks I have purchased and downloaded from Audible in my car through the SD card slot while driving long distances. But I don't know if I can save audible files to SD card. If so, how can I do it?
Indeed, there are many benefits of transferring Audible to SD card, such as better playback and freeing up space. Therefore, this article summarizes three 100% effective ways to help you download Audible books to SD card for playback whether on Android, Kindle Fire, or more devices.
Part 1. How to Move Audible Books to SD Card on Android Officially
When your Android phone keeps prompting "insufficient space, please delete some unnecessary items", it's time to clean up your phone's memory. Fortunately, instead of deleting your favorite Audible audiobooks, you can expand your Android memory by moving Audible files to SD card by the following two methods.
Method 1. How to Download Audible Books to SD Card
Before downloading Audible audiobooks, you can set the storage location of the downloaded Audible books to a removable SD card ahead of time. Now, let's follow the steps below to start the process on Android.
Step 1. Please insert the SD card into your Android device. You can then launch the Audible app on your phone.
Step 2. Click on the "Profile" icon and then select the "Settings" menu in the top corner of the home screen.
Step 3. Click on the "Data & Storage" button to open a new window where you need to select the "Download Location" tab.
Step 4. To set the download location, just click "Download to SD card".
Method 2. How to Save Downloaded Audible Books to SD Card
As for moving the downloaded Audible content to the SD card directly, you can refer to the tutorial below. Please note that you may encounter an Audible SD card required error.
Step 1. Start your Audible device and go to its home screen.
Step 2. Go to "Settings" and select "Application Manager".
Step 3. Now, tap on the "Move to SD card" option to save Audible books to SD card inserted in the device.
📝 Note: Audible files on SD card obtained by the above method cannot be played on other devices with SD card slots, such as music players, car audio systems, etc., because the audiobooks in Audible are encoded in the protected AA/AAX format. They can only be played on players and devices that are compatible with Audible.
Note: To play Audible from SD card on any device, you'd better take advantage of third-party tools like AudFree Audible Converter to convert Audible to unprotected format in advance.
Part 2. How to Store Audible Books on SD Card on Kindle Fire
If your Kindle Fire supports SD card, you can also put Audible books on SD card on Kindle. And, your Kindle Fire must meet the following requirements.
✔️ Run OS 5.2.1 or later.
✔️ Be Kindle Fire (7-inch touchscreen).
✔️ Or Kindle Fire HD 8 (8-inch touchscreen).
✔️ Or Kindle Fire HD 10 (10.1-inch touchscreen).
Once you meet the above criteria, follow the steps below to learn how to save Audible books to SD card.
Step 1. Open the Audible app on your Kindle Fire.
Step 2. Click on the "Settings" button.
Step 3. Press "Storage" section and enable the toggle button next to "Download Audiobooks to Your SD Card".
📝 Tip: The Audible save to SD card obtained in this way can also only be played on devices that support Audible.
Part 3. How to Transfer Audible MP3 Files to SD Card for Playback Anywhere
With the above discussion, you must fully understand that the above two ways are not applicable to audiobook lovers who intend to play Audible books on other devices via SD cards, because Audible books are protected. So here we will show you another way to convert Audible to SD card so that everyone can listen to them on any device with SD card slots.
First of all, you need to remove the format restrictions of audiobooks. To do this, the only tool you need is AudFree Audible Converter, which is specially designed to convert Audible audiobook to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC and other common audio formats. Thanks to this smart Audible solution, you can easily transfer Audible MP3 books to SD card for playing on other devices with freedom.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
How to Transfer Audible MP3 Files to SD Card
- Step 1Import protected Audible books into AudFree Auditior
- Launch AudFree software, select all Audible audiobooks you want to move to SD card and drag them to the conversion window of AudFree Audible Converter. Or use the first "Add" button to import Audible books.
- Step 2Set output format and other parameters
- Click on the "Format" button and select the correct Audible output format you want. It is recommended that you choose MP3 so that Audible files on SD card are compatible with more devices. You can also select other preferences such as bitrate, audio codec, lossless quality, and output folder.
- Step 3Convert Audible books for SD card
- Once you have selected the output format, now click on the "Convert" button to start the conversion. The AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter will now remove locks from your Audible audiobooks and convert them to MP3 compatible with any media player.
- Step 4Move Audible MP3 files to SD card
- Congratulations! Now, Audible books are saved as unprotected common audio files and you can locate them on the destination folder. Please connect the SD card to your computer via SD card reader and then you can copy and paste converted Audible files to SD card with ease.
Part 4. Verdict
The three methods mentioned above can help you move Audible to SD card, but are for users with completely different intentions. If you just want to free up memory and are using an Android phone or Kindle Fire, then the first two methods will suffice.
If playing Audible book on other devices via SD card is your ultimate goal, AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter is your only option to achieve this goal. It converts Audible to common audio formats like MP3 for better compatibility. Then you can save Audible to SD card and listen to audiobook on all devices with an SD card slot.