Does Tesla support Audible? While Tesla has built an excellent internal audio system that supports Spotify, Tidal, YouTube, etc., there is no Tesla Audible integration. You won't find Audible for Tesla on your car screen. But don't worry, you can still stream Audible on Tesla via Bluetooth. Plus, if you don't want to use your phone while driving, you can use another way. That is, you can use a USB drive to listen to Audible audiobooks on your Tesla. Now let's get started.
Way 1. How to Stream Audible in Tesla via Bluetooth
Tesla, as a technology company, writes its own software for its in-car infotainment system. So it doesn't support CarPlay or Android Auto. If you want to play Audible on Tesla via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, there's no way to do that. But you can use the Bluetooth feature to listen to Audible audiobooks from your phone. Follow the steps below to make Audible Tesla work:
Step 1. On your phone, turn on Bluetooth to make it discoverable.
Step 2. On your Tesla touch screen, tap on the "Bluetooth" icon from the status bar.
Step 3. Then press the "Start Search" button to show all available devices.
Step 4. Tap on your phone on the list. And this will show you a number to confirm the pairing.
Step 5. Check if the number shown on your phone matches the number shown on your car. Then confirm that you want to pair.
Step 6. Once pairing is complete, you're ready to listen to Audible in your Tesla by controlling your phone.
It's easy to listen to Audible in your car via Bluetooth. But what if your phone isn't with you, or you don't want to be disturbed while you're driving? We've got another way for you. Just scroll down and keep reading.
Way 2. How to Play Audible on Tesla via USB Drive
If you think it's not safe to use your phone while driving, then you can use a USB drive to play Audible audiobooks. All you need is to download and save Audible books to a USB drive. Then plug it into your Tesla. This way you can listen to Audible in Tesla whenever you want, without any restrictions.
To save Audible books to a USB drive, you need a professional tool called AudFree Audible Downloader. Because Audible books are encrypted in AA or AAX format, you need to convert them to common audio formats like MP3. AudFree Audible Downloader is the best tool you can choose. It can convert Audible to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV and more audio formats. In this way, you can play Audible on Tesla without a phone.
After downloading, you can get 100% of the original sound quality. All ID3 tags will be preserved as well. You can even customize the output quality if you like. Now download the AudFree software via the "Download" button below. And then follow the tutorial to play Audible in Tesla.
How to Play Audible on Tesla via AudFree Audible Downloader
- Step 1Import Audible books to AudFree
- Open the AudFree Audible Downloader and add Audible downloads to it. You can directly drag and drop the downloaded Audible books into it. Or you can click on the first 'Add Files' button and choose your Audible downloads.
- Step 2Set Audible output format
- You can click the 'audio' icon to set Audible output format. Here you can also change the channel, bit rate, and other parameters you want. Moreover, you can click on the 'edit' icon to split Audible audiobooks by chapters. After the settings, click on 'OK' to save.
- Step 3Download Audible audiobooks
- Simply click on the 'Convert' button, and all your added Audible books will be downloaded at 30X faster. You can click on the 'history' icon to find your Audible downloads. These downloaded audiobooks are able to play on your Tesla.
- Step 4Play Audible on Tesla
- Plug the USB drive into your computer, then copy and paste the downloaded Audible books into the USB drive. Finally, plug the USB drive into your Tesla car, and then you can listen to Audible audiobooks through the built-in media player in your car.
FAQs about Audible Tesla
Now you can get a quick look at the following frequently asked questions.
Q1: How Do I Connect My Phone to My Tesla Sound?
A: Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Then tap the "Bluetooth" icon in the upper right corner of your Tesla's touchscreen. Find your phone in the list of available devices. Finally, tap your phone and click "Connect" to pair your phone with your Tesla.
Q2: Does Tesla Have Bluetooth Audio?
A: Yes, Tesla allows you to connect a Bluetooth-enabled device to your car. Once you connect your device to the Tesla, you can play audio from that device to your car.
Q3: Can You Play Audible in a Tesla?
A: Yes, you can play Audible on your Tesla via Bluetooth or USB drive. And the best way to listen to Audible on your Tesla is to use a USB drive. Because it doesn't require a cell phone. And you can enjoy your downloaded Audible audiobooks whenever you want.
AudFree Audible Downloader is the necessary tool to play Audible on Tesla via a USB drive. You can use it to download Audible books with lossless sound quality. After downloading, you can even play Audible on other devices that don't support Audible.