Can you play Audible on Tesla? While Tesla has built an excellent internal audio system that supports Spotify, Tidal, YouTube, etc., there is no native Tesla Audible integration. You won't find the Audible app for Tesla on your car screen. But don't worry, you can still stream Audible on Tesla via Bluetooth. Plus, if you don't want to use your phone while driving, you can try another way. That is, you can use a USB drive to listen to Audible audiobooks on your Tesla. Now let's get started.
Part 1. How to Play Audible on Tesla via Bluetooth
Tesla, as a technology company, writes its own software for its in-car infotainment system. So it doesn't support CarPlay or Android Auto. If you want to play Audible on Tesla via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, there's no way to do that. But you can use the Bluetooth feature to listen to Audible audiobooks from your phone. Follow the below steps for connecting phone to Tesla vehicles for playing Audible books through Bluetooth:
Step 1. On your phone, turn on Bluetooth to make sure it can be discovered by other devices.
Step 2. On your Tesla's touchscreen, tap on the 'Bluetooth' icon from the top right corner.
Step 3. Then press the 'Add New Device' > Start Search' buttons to show all available devices.
Step 4. Tap on your phone on the list. And a code will display on both Tesla and your phone to confirm the pairing.
Step 5. Then click the 'Pair' option under the code on your phone to confirm the pair.
Step 6. Once completed, you can toggle on the 'Priority Device' button in case your phone gets disconnected. Now, you are ready to listen to Audible in your Tesla by controlling your phone.
It's easy to listen to Audible in your car via Bluetooth. But what if your phone isn't with you, or you don't want to be disturbed while you're driving? We've got another way for you. Just scroll down and keep reading.
Part 2. How to Listen to Audible in Tesla via USB Drive
If you think it's not safe to use your phone while driving, then you can use a USB drive to play Audible audiobooks. All you need is to download and save Audible books to a USB drive. Then plug it into your Tesla. This way, you can listen to Audible in Tesla whenever you want, without any restrictions.
To save Audible books to a USB drive, you need a professional tool called AudFree Audible Converter. Because Audible books are encrypted in AA or AAX format, you need to convert them to common audio formats like MP3. AudFree Audible Downloader is the best tool you can choose. It can convert Audible books to unprotected MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and more audio formats supported by Tesla's Media Player. In this way, you can play Audible on Tesla without a phone.
After downloading, you can get original sound quality with all ID3 tags preserved as well. It even empowers you to customize the output format and quality if you like. Also, with a built-in ID3 tags editor, you can customize the title, album, artist, track number, etc.
How to Convert Books from Audible for Tesla Model Y/3
AudFree Audible Books Converter is available for both macOS and Windows systems. It is totally safe and legal for personal and educational use. You can install it on your computer by hitting the above Download button. Then please download the protected Audiobooks from Audible with your existing Audible account. And then follow the tutorial to play Audible in Tesla.
- Step 1Import Audible books to AudFree Auditior
- Please transfer the downloaded Audible books to the iTunes library first. Then on the AudFree Audible Downloader, hit the first lower-left 'Load iTunes Library' button to add Audible downloads to it. You can also directly drag and drop the downloaded Audible books into the converter.
- Step 2Set Audible output settings as Tesla Media Player-enabled format
- Proceed to click the first 'Format' tab like a speaker icon from the bottom right corner to set Audible output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, and so forth. Here you can also change the channel, bit rate, and other parameters you want. Moreover, you can click on the 'Edit' icon on each item to edit ID3 tags and split Audible audiobooks into small-size files by chapters. After the settings, click on 'OK' to save.
- Step 3Download and Convert Audible audiobooks for Tesla
- Simply click on the 'Convert' button, and all your added Audible books will be downloaded at 30X faster. You can click on the 'history' icon to find your Audible downloads. These downloaded audiobooks are able to play on your Tesla Model Y or 3.
How to Listen to Audible Audiobooks in Tesla
Once converted, you can get ready to import those local Audible books to the Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model 3, or Model S, etc. Here is the detailed tutorial on how to listen to audiobooks in Tesla from Audible.
Step 1. Plug the USB drive into your computer, then copy and paste the downloaded Audible books into the USB drive.
Step 2. Next, insert the USB drive into the front USB ports on your Tesla car.
Step 3. On the Tesla car's screen, touch on the second 'Media Player' icon from the bottom navigation bar. You can make the Media Player bigger by dragging it up from the bottom.
Step 4. Then select 'USB' to open the USB drive on Tesla. Find the local folder that covers the converted Audible audiobooks.
Step 5. Afterward, you can listen to Audible audiobooks offline through the built-in media player in your car.
Part 3. FAQs about Audible Tesla Integration
Now you can get a quick look at the following frequently asked questions.
Q1: How to Connect Phone to Tesla Model 3 Sound?
A: Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Then tap the "Bluetooth" icon in the upper right corner of your Tesla's touchscreen. Find your phone in the list of available devices. Finally, tap your phone and click "Connect" to pair your phone with your Tesla.
Q2: Does Tesla Have Bluetooth Audio?
A: Yes, Tesla allows you to connect a Bluetooth-enabled device to your car. Once you connect your device to the Tesla, you can play audio from that device to your car.
Q3: Can You Play Audible in a Tesla?
A: Yes, you can play Audible on your Tesla via Bluetooth or USB drive. And the best way to listen to Audible on your Tesla is to use a USB drive. Because it doesn't require a cell phone. And you can enjoy your downloaded Audible audiobooks whenever you want.
AudFree Audible Downloader is the necessary tool to play Audible on Tesla via a USB drive. You can use it to download Audible books with lossless sound quality. After downloading, you can even play Audible on other devices that don't support Audible.
Q4: How to Fix Audible Not Playing in Tesla Issue?
A: Here are several possible reasons behind the problem and relevant solutions to them:
1) Unstable Bluetooth Connection: Re-pair your phone to Tesla with Bluetooth again.
2) Disabled Audio Function: Turn on the Audio function and turn up its volume.
3) Radio or Speaker Malfunction: Check and fix Tesla's radio or speaker.
4) Wrong Audio Setting: Go to the Tesla's audio settings to choose the correct output device.
5) Mute Sound: Turn off the Mute button on Tesla.
6) Contact Tesla Support: The Tesla team can help you diagnose the issue and provide working solutions.
Q5: Does Tesla Have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to Play Audible Books?
A: Nope. Tesla doesn't work with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the reason that the two systems possibly break up Tesla's seamless experience.
Part 4. Summary
Two 100% working methods to listen to Audible audiobooks on Tesla have been presented in this post. Generally speaking, the first way using Bluetooth will run out of the power of your mobile phone quickly. Also, it is not secure to use a phone while driving. Thus, we recommend you give priority to the second solution.
AudFree Audible Book Converter caters to all your demands to play Audible on Tesla Model 3/S/X/Y without any restrictions and phone safely. You don't need to renew the Audible subscription to keep those Audible conversions since you can save them forever now.