Spotify launched a new subscription tier called "Spotify Premium Duo" on July 1, 2020. This new plan contains two Spotify Premium accounts, which can use separately or together by two people living at the same address. The price of Spotify Premium Duo now is $12.99 per month.
It means that couples or two friends who live under the same roof can enjoy Spotify Premium benefits with just $6.5 per month on average. With a lower price than Spotify Premium Individual ($9.9 per month), Spotify Premium Duo also offers a special playlist named "Duo Mix". It is like a collaborative playlist that shows the tracks both users listen to. So that users can share their latest favorites with a roommate when playing this single playlist in the house.
So, how to get Spotify Premium Duo for use? or even get Spotify Premium Duo for free? Well, in this article, you will find the latest guide to get Spotify Premium Duo free. Besides, you can see the latest alternative of Spotify Premium Duo, which allows you to enjoy Spotify Premium advanced features at a lower price than $6.5 per month.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify Premium Duo Free Trial
Spotify Premium Duo provides a 1-month free trial for those who haven't tried Premium before. For the existing Premium members, they can choose to upgrade their subscription to Premium Duo with saving all original music playlists, podcasts, and other content in their Spotify library. Here are some tips for you to get started with Spotify Premium Duo.
For users who haven't registered Spotify Premium:
1. Just go to www.spotify.com/duo and sign up for a new Premium Duo account.
2. As the plan manager, you can handle payments, set address, add or remove member, etc.
3. Don't use the mobile pay when buying the Premium Duo.
For the activated Spotify Premium users, please remember to cancel your existing plan or wait until your existing plan expires before changing to Spotify Premium Duo.
Part 2. Spotify Premium Duo Free: Best Alternative
After a 1-month free trial of Spotify Premium Duo, you need to pay for $12.99 each month to continue using the plan with your roommate. Is there any workaround to get this plan in a more affordable way?
Luckily, here it is. This magic method needs to use a third-party tool called AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which is designed for converting Spotify songs, playlists, albums, podcasts, etc. to MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, FLAC, M4B, and several most-used audio formats. The converted Spotify audios save in the local device as unprotected files. That is to say, you have downloaded Spotify tracks as true local music files, which are playable and usable on any player and device that even doesn't have the Spotify app installed.
Furthermore, the converted Spotify audios keep nearly 100% original quality and 100% raw metadata, containing ID3 tags like titles, artists, albums, album arts, track numbers, and so forth. With the powerful support from AudFree Spotify Music Converter, you are available to use Spotify Premium benefits without subscribing to Premium or Premium Duo. The converted Spotify tracks are ads-free, freely switch, offline playing, and so on.
How to Use the Best Alternative of Spotify Premium Duo
- Step 1Import music from Spotify to AudFree
- Download and install the AudFree converter on the computer. Open it and the Spotify desktop app will also launch at the same time. If you are using Spotify before, the desktop app will close and reopen in a flash. Now select all your favorites from your Spotify library. Copy and paste the link of each playlist to the search bar in AudFree. Or just drag and drop the playlist to the empty square in AudFree's main page.
- Step 2Reset the output configuration of Spotify songs
- On the AudFree's interface, open the menu bar from the top taskbar. Then open 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to enter the setting page. To stay the same sound quality of Spotify tracks, please set the output parameters to MP3, 320 kbps, and 48000 Hz. Or you can choose to customize the output format, bitrate, sample rate, and other parameters.
- Step 3Begin to convert and download playlists from Spotify
- Tap the 'Convert' bar from the lower right side on AudFree's main page. It will launch the conversion process. The software will automatically finish all the tasks and end automatically. After that, you are able to follow the on-screen tips to locate the local folder. In there, please double-check all converted Spotify tracks to see if anyone is missing.
Now, you have downloaded all your favorite Spotify songs on your local computer. AudFree doesn't have limits on the pairing Spotify accounts. Just repeating the same steps above to download your roommate's loved tracks from Spotify. Forget Spotify Premium Duo from now on. You can share your Spotify playlists offline to anyone on any device.