Spotify launched a new subscription tier called "Spotify Premium Duo" on July 1, 2020. The new Spotify Duo plan includes two Spotify Premium accounts, which can be used separately or together by two people living at the same address.
So, how does Spotify Duo work? Is it possible to get Spotify Duo free? Well, in this article you will find the latest guide to use Spotify Duo to enjoy all Spotify Premium features.
Part 1. What Is Spotify Duo Plan
In fact, Spotify Duo is a subscription plan that offers two premium accounts for couples or two people living at the same address. As for the Spotify Premium Duo price, it is $12.99 per month. On average, it is lower than Spotify Premium Individual ($9.90 per month).
By subscribing to this plan, you can enjoy ad-free music streaming, offline playback, and access to over 70 million songs and podcasts. It also offers a special playlist called "Duo Mix" that acts like a collaborative playlist, showing tracks that both users listen to. This way, users can share their latest favorites with a roommate when playing this single playlist in the house.
Part 2. How to Use Spotify Premium Duo (Existing Premium User)
For existing Premium members, you have the option to upgrade your subscription plan to Duo Spotify. You can also keep all your original music playlists, podcasts and other content in your Spotify library. Here's how to set up a Spotify Duo account. It is recommended that you cancel your existing plan or wait until your existing plan expires before changing to Premium Duo Spotify.
How to Upgrade Spotify Premium to Duo
Step 1. Open the Spotify app and sign in with your existing Premium account.
Step 2. Go to the account page and scroll down to access the different Spotify payment plans.
Step 3. Find Spotify Premium Duo in the list, click on the "Get Started" option and proceed to payment.
How to Invite Someone to Spotify Duo
Once you have followed the above steps, you will become the primary account holder. Then you can start inviting a partner to participate in the Duo plan.
Step 1. Go to your Premium account page and select Spotify Premium Duo in the left menu.
Step 2. Under "People on this plan", select the "Invite someone" option.
Step 3. Send an email, WhatsApp message or any other form to share the link to your partner.
Step 4. Wait for your partner to accept the invitation and then confirm your shared address.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify Duo Free Trial (New Premium User)
For those of you who have not signed up for Spotify Premium, Spotify Premium Duo offers you a 1-month free trial. This way, you can experience the Premium feature to get more days of ad-free music before you pay. You can follow the tutorial below to get Spotify Premium Duo free trial.
Step 1. Simply log in to www.spotify.com/duo and click on the "Get Started" button.
Step 2. Fill in your details to register a new Premium Duo account.
Step 3. Enter your purchase account and click the "Buy Now" button.
Step 4. Now, you can get Spotify free trial to experience various Premium privileges.
Part 4. How to Get Spotify Premium Duo Free Forever
After trying Spotify Premium Duo for free for one month, you'll need to pay $12.99 per month to continue using the plan with your roommates. Is there any workaround to get Spotify Premium free forever? AudFree Spotify Music Converter can give you what you want. The tool is designed to download Spotify as unprotected local music files without subscription.
In this case, even if Spotify Duo trial ends, you can keep your favorite Spotify songs forever. What's more, this software can convert Spotify songs, playlists, albums, podcasts, etc. to MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, FLAC, M4B formats. This way, you can play and use Spotify on any player and device that even doesn't have the Spotify app installed.
Furthermore, the converted Spotify audios keep nearly 100% original quality and 100% raw metadata, containing ID3 tags like titles, artists, albums, album arts, track numbers, and so forth. With the powerful support from AudFree Spotify Music Converter, you are available to use Spotify Premium benefits without subscribing to Premium or Premium Duo. The converted Spotify tracks are ads-free, freely switch, offline playing, and so on.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify songs without Spotify Premium
- Convert Spotify playlists to MP3, AAC, WAV, etc.
- Play Spotify music offline on any device and player
- Get Spotify Premium free running at 5X faster speed
How to Use Spotify Duo Premium Free Forever
- Step 1Import music from Spotify to AudFree SpoDable
- Download and install the AudFree software on the computer. Open it and the Spotify desktop app will also launch at the same time. Now select all your favorites from your Spotify library. Copy and paste the link of each playlist to the search bar. Then click the 'Add' button AudFree's main page.
- Step 2Reset the output configuration of Spotify songs
- On the AudFree's interface, open the 'Menu' bar from the top taskbar. Then open 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to enter the setting page. To stay the same sound quality of Spotify tracks, please set the output parameters to MP3, 320 kbps, and 48000 Hz. Or you can choose to customize the output format, bitrate, sample rate, and other parameters.
- Step 3Convert and download playlists from Spotify
- Tap the 'Convert' bar from the lower right side on AudFree's main page. It will launch the conversion process. The software will automatically finish all the tasks and end automatically. After that, you are able to follow the on-screen tips to locate the local folder. In there, please double-check all converted Spotify tracks to see if anyone is missing.
Part 5. Conclusion
This article has a detailed tutorial about how to get Spotify Duo and a one-month free trial. If you want to extend the trial period to forever, AudFree Spotify Music Converter will be the best helper. It can download all your favorite Spotify songs on your computer locally without Premium. Then can forget about the Spotify Premium Duo fee and start the free Spotify journey.