"Does Roon support Tidal?" Sure! The Tidal Roon Integration had been achieved for several years. With the cooperation of Tidal and Roon, users can explore lots of music from Tidal on Roon. And you can manage your music files with Roon app easily on Mac, Windows, iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
If you are a newer to Roon and have no idea on how to use Tidal with Roon, then you could keep reading on this post. Here we are going to show you how to listen to music from Tidal on Roon in details.
Part 1. How to Connect Tidal to Roon - Official Method
Roon is a music player which allows you to stream and manage music files. As for Tidal in Roon, people can discover more music tracks and see the connections between people who compose, perform and record the music. Now, let's check out how to use Tidal on Roon via the official way as below.
Step 1. Sign up for Roon at roonlabs.com if you are new user.
Step 2. Download Roon app for your Mac or Windows computer.
Step 3. Open Roon app on your computer.
Step 4. Hit on the Menu icon at the top left of Roon window. Then touch on 'Settings' and choose 'Services' option.
Step 5. Click on 'Login' to link your Tidal account in Roon. If it is your first time to use Tidal on Roon, you will be required to add your Tidal account.
Step 6. Then you can define the streaming quality that Roon will use for Tidal content and click 'Done' button.
After that, you are able to listen to plenty of music from Tidal in Roon.
Part 2. Get Tidal on Roon - AudFree Tidal Music Converter
Besides the official way we showed you above, here we would like to show one more solution for your choice. That is to download Tidal music offline as local files and then import them to Roon for using. To do that, you also need to use a third-party tool to help you.
Here let's meet with the powerful tool - AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It is a user-friendly tool, which is easy to operate even though you are a green hand. This smart tool can batch convert playlists, albums and other contents from Tidal with high quality and original ID3 tags kept.
With AudFree Tidal Music Converter, you are able to convert Tidal to FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV and other audio formats that Roon supports. Besides, you are allowed to customize other audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your special needs. After conversion, you can save the Tidal music as local audio files on your computer and transfer them to Roon. Finally, you can easily listen to music from Tidal on Roon offline.
Detailed Steps to Convert Tidal for Roon
Before trying AudFree Tidal Audio Converter, please install it to your PC first. You could download and install it via the 'Download' button above. After that, you could check the steps below to start to convert Tidal for Roon.
- Step 1Add Tidal music tracks to AudFree program
- Please double click on the icon of AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer desktop and open it. At the same time, the Tidal app will launch automatically. Then log in your Tidal account and discover your favorite audio tracks to convert to Roon in Tidal. When found, please copy the link of the track and then paste it the search box on AudFree main screen. Then click on the '+' button and AudFree program will import the Tidal track to the main interface for you.
- Step 2Define Tidal output format for Roon
- In this step, you could set the output audio format for Tidal music tracks. If you run a Mac computer, please find AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your Mac system menu. Next, select 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open the setting window. In it, you are able to define the audio format as MP3, AAC, FLAC or others you want. In addition, you can also personalize the bit rate, sample rate and channel for Tidal on Roon.
- Step 3Convert Tidal to Roon
- After the setting, now it's time to convert Tidal music. Please click on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of AudFree. Then the program will start to convert Tidal audio files. When the conversion finished, the converted Tidal music files will be stored onto your computer. You could hit on the 'Converted' button to check them on your computer.
Part 3. How to Transfer Tidal Music to Roon
Now, with the help of AudFree Tidal Roon Converter, you had easily downloaded and converted Tidal music offline as local files on your computer. Next, you could transfer them to Roon for offline listening. Below we are going to show the methods on how to import and play Tidal on Roon.
Copy Tidal Music to Roon
Open Roon app on your computer. Then drag & drop the converted Tidal audio files on your computer to Roon's main window. Next, press 'Yes, Copy!' to finish.
Get Tidal on Roon by Setting Up a Watched Folders
Step 1. Open Roon app on your PC.
Step 2. Go to the 'Settings' at the left side of Roon and choose the 'Storage' option.
Step 3. Hit on the 'Add Folder' button at the 'Folders' section.
Step 4. Choose the 'Music' folder at the 'Choose Music Storage Folder' dialog. And then hit on the 'Select This Folder' button.
Step 5. At the 'Add Storage Location' dialog, you could browse the folder you kept Tidal music and confirm it by clicking on the 'Add' button.
After the steps above, you can listen to music from Tidal on Roon offline without any limitation.