Q: I often feel like I'm running out of storage space on my phone, and when I checked my storage stats, I was surprised to find that the Amazon Music app was taking up over 4GB of space. Since I like to download numerous popular Amazon songs for offline enjoyment, these music files can take up a lot of memory. Any suggestions on saving space on my phone?
It's easy to see that the main factor of insufficient memory is that Amazon Music app is using too much storage space. If you are also experiencing this situation, then it might be time to clear Amazon Music cache. Here, we will show you detailed tutorials to clear Amazon Music cache on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices with ease.
Part 1. How to Clear Amazon Music Cache on Windows/Mac
Follow the step-by-step guide below to learn how to cache on Amazon Music for your Windows and Mac computers.
1. Sign out and Sign In
Please log out and sign in to the Amazon Music app on Windows or Mac so that it is possible to resync library and refresh the data.
2. Delete Data
Windows: Select the Start menu and enter the following link: userprofile/AppData/Local/Amazon Music/Data and hit enter.
Mac: Please use the following default cache path: UserName/Library/Application Support/Amazon Music/Data. After that, you can easily delete all downloaded Amazon music files.
3. Reopen the Amazon Music App
Go to your profile and select Preferences > Advanced > Reload My Music option. Then scroll down to find the Start Reload button and click it.
Part 2. How to Delete Amazon Music Cache on Android/iOS
To solve the problem of low storage space and slow running apps on your phone, you may want to try the following steps to clear Amazon Music cache on iPhone and Android smartphones.
Clear Amazon Music Cache on Android and Fire Tablets
1. Open the Amazon Music app on your Android phone, then tap the menu icon in the top right corner and hit on the Settings section.
2. Scroll down to the "Storage" section and once you see the Clear Cache option, tap it to enable Amazon Music app clear cache function.
Remove Amazon Music Cache on iPhone and iPad
1. Delete Amazon Music Files
Open the given link: music.amazon.com/showDebugOptions on your iOS device's web browser, and then click "Clear Lyrics" and "Clear Image Cache" to clear the cached Amazon Music files in the storage memory.
2. Reinstall the Amazon Music App
Touch and hold the Amazon Music app, then select the Delete App option, which will clear the Amazon Music cache. After that reinstall the Amazon Music app to make it work smoothly.
Part 3. How to Keep Amazon Music Offline Forever
In fact, once you clear your Amazon Music cache, the previously downloaded Amazon songs will be deleted at the same time. In this case, you have to download those songs again, which is a great inconvenience. So, why not try to get the local files of Amazon Music for offline listening?
Based on the protection restrictions of Amazon Music, you are in dire need of assistance from third-party tools, and here we have specially selected the top-rated AudFree Amazon Music Downloader to meet your needs. Just like its name, it is specially designed to download Amazon Prime Music and Unlimited Music on your computer locally. No matter how many songs, playlists or albums you want to download, it can easily serve you.
With this powerful tool, you can convert Amazon Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other common formats. In this way, you have the freedom to transfer Amazon Music to any preferred device for offline playback. Moreover, as for the ID3 tags and metadata information, you don't need to worry at all because they will be retained intact.
How to Keep Amazon Music Offline Forever
- Step 1Set Output Format for Amazon Music
- Click the menu icon at the top of the tool and hit on the "Preferences" and "Convert" options to open a new settings window. At this point, you can start to adjust the output format of Amazon Music, like MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc. As for other output parameters, such as audio channels, sample rate, etc., you can also make the relevant settings in this window.
- Step 2Import Amazon Music to AudFree Amable
- Now, select the desired Amazon song in the Amazon Music app. After copying the link of the track, you need to paste the link into the search bar at the top of this downloader. After that, press the Add button aside to load the music.
- Step 3Download Amazon Music Offline Forever
- Click the big "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start the conversion and download process. After waiting for some time, you can view all the Amazon Music files in your computer’s target file. After that, you can save Amazon Music on your device forever and listen to Amazon Music offline anytime.
Part 4. FAQs of Clearing Amazon Music Cache
Q1. Why Is Amazon Music Using so Much Memory?
When you browse the Amazon library and listen to songs from Amazon Music, the Amazon Music app inevitably saves some content and data in temporary storage. We generally call it Amazon Music cache, and it will take up a lot of space on your device.
Q2. What Does Clear Cache Mean on Amazon Music?
A cache is actually a reserved storage location to collect temporary data for later use. Once the Amazon Music cache takes up a lot of memory storage space on your device, you will need to clear it from time to time to free up more space.
Q3. What Happens after Clearing the Amazon Music Cache?
Once you clear your Amazon Music cache, you will largely have problems listening offline, as downloaded Amazon Music files will also be deleted unless downloaded again.
Q4. Can You Clear Amazon Music History?
Follow the steps given below to clear Amazon Music history.
1. Sign in to the Amazon Music app, then go to the "Recent" and "Play" options on the main screen.
2. Select the songs you want to clear, click the three-dot menu on the right side and tap "Delete from History".
3. Now, your Amazon Music playback history is deleted.
Part 5. In Conclusion
By now you should have a clear understanding of how to clear Amazon music cache on multiple devices, whether Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices. Also, if you want to free up space on your device without losing your downloaded Amazon Music, AudFree Amazon Music Downloader can offer a helping hand. Don't hesitate to give it a try, you might get a surprise.