Apple Music is the default music app for iOS users. It is also available on Android devices as a popular streaming music app. If you use Apple Music to listen to music, you may want to change Apple Music playback speed for different reasons. Can you change playback speed of Apple Music?
Unfortunately, you can only change the playback speed of audiobooks and podcasts on Apple Music. You are not allowed to speed up or slow down songs on Apple Music. However, you can use a third-party tool to change the playback speed of all audio on Apple Music. Want to know how to do this? Read on.
Part 1. How to Change Apple Music Playback Speed - AudFree Auditior
Apple Music allows you to play, pause, advance and rewind a song. And you can change the playback speed of audiobooks and podcasts. But there is no feature to change the speed of Apple Music songs. If you want to play Apple Music songs at different speeds, you need to download Apple Music songs and then play them with other music players that can change the speed, such as VLC player, Musicbox, etc.
The best tool to download Apple Music songs is AudFree Auditior. It allows you to download and convert Apple Music's unique audio format to common-used audio formats like MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. After downloading, you will be able to change Apple Music playback speed with other music players. You can also listen to Apple Music offline with 100% lossless sound quality.
AudFree Auditior not only keeps the original sound quality, but also all ID3 tags including title, cover, album art, and so on. With the super-fast 30X download speed, AudFree Auditior could be the most powerful Apple Music downloader.
AudFree Apple Music Converter
Before changing Apple Music playback speed, ensure you have downloaded AudFree Auditior on your computer. You can install it directly by clicking the "Download" button above. Now let's see how to download Apple Music lossless and change playback speed Apple Music with other music players.
How to Speed up Songs on Apple Music
- Step 1Install and run AudFree Auditior
- You can use the free trial version of AudFree Auditior to get 1 minute of time per Apple Music song. Or, you can purchase its full version to break the limit. To register this software, click on the menu icon and select the "Register" option. Then enter your email and registration code.
- Step 2Import Apple Music songs to the software
- There are two easy ways to add Apple Music songs for downloading. You can click on the "Add" button at the bottom left to open your local folder and add songs. You can also add Apple Music songs directly by dragging and dropping them to its main interface.
- Step 3Configure Apple Music output format and parameters
- Hit "Format Settings" to choose the output format and change other output parameters of Apple Music. It's suggested to choose the MP3 format as it's compatible with most music players. You can also customize the channel, bit rate, etc. When all settings are done, click on "OK" to confirm.
- Step 4Download and convert Apple Music for speed change
- Click on the "Convert" button to start downloading and converting Apple Music songs in bulk. When the download process is done, click on the "Converted" icon to find them. You can play these downloaded Apple Music songs with other music players on your device. Then it's easy to change Apple Music speed as you want.
Part 2. How to Change Apple Music Playback Speed for Audiobooks - Apple Music App
How to change playback speed on Apple Music? You are allowed to change the playback speed of audiobooks and podcasts on Apple Music. Follow the steps below to do it.
Adjust Playback Speed Apple Music for Audiobooks and Podcasts
Step 1. Open Apple Music on your device.
Step 2. Select any audiobook or podcast to play.
Step 3. Go to the Playing screen and find the "1X" icon at the bottom left.
Step 4. Once you tap on it, it will change the playback speed to 2X. If you tap on it again, the playback speed will slow down to 0.5X. The third tap will bring the speed back to 1X.
Part 3. FAQs about Apple Music Change Speed
You can easily get Apple Music playback speed changed by following the steps above. And we selected some frequently asked questions about Apple Music change speed. You can get a quick look.
Q1: How Do I Change Playback Speed on Apple Music Mac?
A: You can only change the playback speed of audiobooks and podcasts on the Apple Music app. To do it, select an audiobook or podcast to listen to. Then tap on the "1X" icon at the bottom left to change the playback speed.
Q2: How Do You Play 2X Speed on Apple Music?
A: You can only play 2X speed audiobooks and podcasts on Apple Music. Go to the audiobooks section on the Apple Music app and tap on an audiobook to play. Tap on the "1X" icon at the bottom left to change the speed to 2X.
Q3: Can You Slow Down a Song on Apple Music?
A: Apple Music doesn't allow you to change the playback speed of a song. But you can slow down or speed up an Apple Music song with the help of AudFree Auditior. You can use it to download songs from Apple Music and then play those songs on other music players and slow them down.
Part 4. The Bottom Line
Apple Music enables you to change the playback speed of audiobooks and podcasts. You can easily achieve it by tapping the "1X" icon. But if you would like to change the song playback speed, you need to turn to AudFree Auditior. Use it to download Apple Music songs and then change Apple Music playback speed with other music players. You can also use it if you want to play Apple Music songs on other devices.