Q: It's a cozy and comfortable life to Chromecast Audible for playback when lying on the sofa after work. But I'm pretty bummed out when I check Chromecast enabled apps and discover that the Audible app is not available in the long list. Is there an effective way to make 'Audible Chromecast' possible?
There are countless wonderful apps and partners compatible with Chromecast in TV & movies, music & audio, photos & videos, fun & games as well as additional partners. But Chromecast can't access audiobooks from Audible because the Audible app fails to support the Cast SDK.
Luckily, it's not impossible to cast Audible to Chromecast as there are two effective ways of 'Audible on Chromecast' in the following article.
Method 1. Cast Audible to Chromecast from Computer
In general, the key point why Audible files can't be recognized by Chromecast is that audiobooks because of the format compatibility, which leads users can listen to Audible audios in special media players and devices authorized by Amazon, like iTunes. If you are planning to cast Audible to Chromecast, you just need to convert Audible to Chromecast compatible audio format with the help of a professional Audible Converter.
Many software developers have noticed the demand of customers and developed extraordinary Audible tools. Compared to performance and stability among them, here, we will meet the last one, AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, which can quickly convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other common audio files. If necessary, it can split Audible audiobooks by chapters for better playback.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
Now follow below instructions to see how to stream Audible books to Chromecast under the help of AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter.
- Step 1Add Audible books to AudFree Audible Converter
- When you opened AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, you will find out there are two 'Add files' button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface. To add Audible books, please click on the first button, and then you can choose favorite audio books from Audible library. Or you can directly drag and drop audiobooks to the conversion window.
- Step 2Set output format and customize other audio parameters
- Please click the small 'audio' icon to launch the setting window, where you will be able to customize output Audible file format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A or M4B and change bit rate, sample rate, audio codec and channel. Besides, you can tap the 'edit' icon at each audio book to split Audible files and customize ID3 tags as you like.
- Step 3Convert Audible audiobooks for Chromecast
- You can personalize the destination folder by marking the 'file' icon or skip this step to keep it by default. Now, you can click the big 'Convert' tab, and AudFree DRM Audio Converter will remove DRM from Audible audiobooks and convert them to target common audio files. Once converted, you can locate Audible MP3 audiobooks by clicking the 'history' icon.
- Step 4Play converted Audible books on Chromecast
- Congratulations! All Audible files are totally common audio files. To listen to Audible via Chromecast on TV or smart speaker, there are two ways to achieve this goal.
- Way 1: You are free to upload these audio files to iOS devices, tablets or computers and then stream them on Chromecast by using Google Home app or Chrome browser.
- Way 2. You can directly sync converted Audible audiobooks to supported Chromecast casting app, such as Google Home, Google Play Music and others, and then you can cast Audible books from Chromecast casting app to target speaker or TV.
Method 2. Stream Audible to Chromecast from Android Phone
Being surprise or not, you are permitted to stream audio books from your Android phone to Chromecast Audio. Put it another way, this way works well for users who owning an Android device. Before following the below step-by-step tutorial on how to enjoy audiobooks on home speaker via Chromecast Audio, there are two apps you need to download on your Android in advance, including Google Home app and Audible Manager app.
Step 1. Please connect Chromecast Audio with home speaker and insert the power adapter to an electric socket.
Step 2. Launch Google Home app from your Android device and it will start to detect the Chromecast under the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 3. Hit on the side menu to click the 'Cast Screen/Audio' and then you can choose the casting speaker connected in the same network to play audiobooks.
Step 4. Now, you just need to run Audible and play Audible books on Android, audiobooks will be streamed to speaker through Chromecast Audio automatically.
It's easy to use Chromecast from Audible app for Android users. But what if you are running iOS devices, Mac or Windows computer? As a matter of fact, so easy it is, too. The next method will focus on how to play Audible books on Chromecast from other platforms.
In Conclusion: Chromcast Audible to Any Devices
No matter you choose to Chromecast Audible from computer or Android phone, you can play Audible audio books on any device via Chromecast without a problem. .
Which one to choose finally depends on your real situation. If you'd like to play Audible books on more protable devices, the better way to convert Audible books to Chromecast supported audio files.
Do you have different way to cast Audible to Chromecast? Feel free to supplement it in the comment area.