Q: I have tried successfully to convert Audible to MP3 for playing Audible books offline. But MP3 is a lossy audio format, which leads bad listening experience. Therefore, I wonder to know whether there is also a solution to convert Audible to WAV, a lossless format for better audio quality. And I can still listen to Audible audiobooks on my offline player.
Compared to MP3, the WAV files feature with several major advantages, including an accurate and lossless format, a simple format as well as astonishingly high recording rates, etc. But when it comes to converting Audible AA/AAX to WAV, the converting process could be the same as MP3's, which is to remove DRM from Audible files and encode unprotected audiobooks to WAV.
If you are not good at DRM decryption technology, a professional Audible to WAV converter is necessary for help. To get rid of the hassle of looking for a wonderful one, here we will introduce a great AAX to WAV converter software and show you the detailed tutorial on how to use it to convert Audible books to WAV losslessly.
Part 1. Best Audible to WAV Converter to Convert AAX to WAV
There are lots of free or commercial audiobook converting software that can extract WAV files from downloaded and purchased Audible audiobooks in the market. But which one to choose? After we have done some researches and tests, AudFree Audible to WAV Converter wins with its charming performance.
AudFree Audible to WAV Converter is well-designed to make audiobook playback more convenient. It has the ability to bypass DRM protection from Audible files while converting Audible AA/AAX to WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A and other plain audio files by clicking the 'Convert' button only. It works at 30X faster speed with all ID3 tags preserved. It's also worth mentioning that it supports to split Audible books by chapters for better Audible playback on other devices.
By the way, this wonderful audiobook converter can also work on iTunes audiobooks. If you'd like to convert iTunes audiobooks to WAV, this tool can achieve this goal as well.
AudFree Audible to WAV Converter
- Losslessly remove DRM from Audible AA, AAX audiobooks
- Convert Audible books to WAV, MP3 AAC, M4A, FLAC, M4B
- Keep original ID3 tags and chapters in output audios
- Split large audiobook file into small segments via chapters
- Convert iTunes books, Apple Music and other audios to WAV, etc.
Part 2. How to Convert Audible AAX to WAV - Detailed Guide
Now, click the above 'Download' button to install this Audible AAX to WAV converter on your computer and then you can follow the step-by-step tutorial to get WAV files and save them on your computer for playing anywhere.
- Step 1Import AA/AAX audiobooks to iTunes library
- Before adding Audible books to AudFree software, please make sure you have authorized Audible account on iTunes and downloaded Audible AAX files on your computer. After that please click the 'File' > 'Library' > 'Import Playlist' option to sync Audible books to iTunes library. You can find them on 'My Audiobooks' section.
- Step 2Load Audible AA/AAX files to AudFree Audible Converter
- Just launch this software from your computer desktop and then click the first 'Add Files' icon to add Audible AAX files from iTunes library to AudFree Audible AAX converter. Alternatively, you can directly drag and drop protected audiobooks from your computer to the main interface of AudFree.
- Step 3Set output format as WAV and other parameters
- To convert Audible protected .aa and .aax books to WAV, please hit on the 'audio' icon to launch the setting window, in which there are six output formats you can choose. Just simply press the 'WAV' option to define output format as WAV. What's more, you can customize other audio parameters like audio channel, sample rate and bit rate, etc.
- Step 4Convert Audible to WAV files
- Before converting Audible files, you can click the 'edit' icon to split added Audible files into small segments. Or just click the 'Effect' icon to adjust volume, speed, etc. After all settings have done, you can tap the 'Convert' tab to start to convert Audible files to WAV without DRM protection. After conversion, you can locate Audible WAV audios in the destination folder and transfer them to other players for lossless playback.
Tips: There are lots of WAV players that can recognize converted Audible WAV files. If you don't know which one to choose for play your WAV files, you can have a try of the following WAV players, including VLC media player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc.
Part 3. AA/AAX vs WAV
AAX/AA: It's a DRM protected audio format used in audiobooks purchased and downloaded from Audible Store. AAX is well-known as Enhanced audio format for audiobook, which is encrypted M4B file. AA and AAX files are compatible with selected devices by Audible.
WAV: It's short for Waveform Audio File Format (WAVE). Because of its filename extension, it is also called WAV. It's a lossless audio format covering bit depth, sample rate, channels, number and tracks. WAV files are compatible with lots of music players and devices more than AA/AAX files. But one thing needs to pay attention is that WAV files don't support ID3 tags.