Amazon claims that millions of listeners are using its Audible service for enjoying audiobooks. Indeed, Amazon offers many benefits to its members, for instance, they can get 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals per month, plus members are allowed to buy additional books at any time for 30% off the list price, etc. Despite that, many audiobook lovers are still willing to search for the best Audible alternatives, which price may be lower than Audible or even free to be used.
So here comes the question for the Audible members: how to cancel Audible subscription? What will happen to the purchased audiobooks after Audible membership expired? Will they disappear? Don't panic, in this page, we will tell you the way to cancel Audible subscription and more significantly, how to keep as many as audiobooks after account's expiration. Read to get what you need.
Part 1. How to Cancel Audible Membership via Normal Methods
Normally, it is not difficult to cancel an Audible subscription. Just follow the guidance from Amazon's official website. Here, in order to save your time to search for it, we will list the steps to cancel Audible on Amazon as below:
1) How to Cancel Audible Subscription
Step 1. Turn to the "Account Details" section on the Audible desktop site.
Step 2. Now choose to "Cancel membership" at the bottom of the "View membership details" window.
Step 3. Follow the displayed instructions and steps on the screen.
Tips: Unless steps above are operated on the Audible desktop site, trying those steps from a phone or tablet, or deleting the Audible app will not cancel your subscription. After the cancellation is done, you will receive an automated email to prove your plan's change.
2) How to Cancel Audible Free Trial
Step 1. Open Audible and log in your account.
Step 2. Check "Account Details" at the top of the main page.
Step 3. Go into the section "Account Settings" on the "Account Details" page.
Step 4. Check "Cancel" to cancel your membership.
Part 2. How to Keep as Many Audiobooks as Possible After Canceling Audible
After you cancel your Audible subscription, if you are the formal members, any purchased audiobooks in the library won't be lost and you can still download them across multiple devices. But if you are members from a free trial, all purchased audiobooks in the library will be automatically cleared away at the end of your free trial. However, you don't need to worry too much about this issue. Now the latest solution will be introduced to you, which can help you to save as many audiobooks as possible after the cancellation of an Audible subscription.
By using this all-in-one AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter for Wins/Mac, you are available to download every audiobook on Audible, which may be stored in AA/AAX DRM formats, plus to convert them into DRM-free formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and so on. With the 30X faster speed, just to wait a few minutes so that you can download a batch of audiobooks and save them as local files on your computer. In this way, you are supposed to keep as many Audible audiobooks as you want locally during the period of membership or free trial.
Steps to Preserve Audiobooks on Audible After Unsubscribing Audible
Now you are available to download and save over 3 Audible audiobooks per month via the method above. Here, we will introduce the details of tutorials to you for deeper understanding.
- Step 1Stream audiobooks from Audible and sync to iTunes library
- Download and install AudFree Audible Converter on your computer desktop. Open iTunes library and import Audible books to its "My Audiobooks" section. Then you just need to simply check "File" > "Library" > "Import Playlist". Please don't forget to authorize iTunes with your Audible account.
- Step 2Add Audible books to AudFree Audible Converter
- Now you have two ways to add Audible audiobooks to AudFree. One is to use the first "Add" button to select audiobooks from iTunes library. The other one is to directly drag and drop audio files into AudFree. These two methods are suitable for those DRM audio files. As for the non-DRM audio files, please hit the second "Add" button at the left bottom corner of the main page.
- Step 3Define output format and change other parameters
- You are allowed to reset the output format based on your requests. Once the audiobooks are added to AudFree, hit on the "audio" button next to "Convert" bar. A new settings window will appear where you can adjust the output music format as MP3, AAC, M4A, WAC or any other. Moreover, the audio quality can be customized by altering the codec, channel, sample rate, or bit rate. It is better to set the bit rate to 320kbps and the sample rate to 48000 Hz to obtain the best auditory experience of Audible books.
- Step 4Download and Convert Audible books to non-DRM formats
- Once all preparations above are finished, simply tap on the big 'Convert' button at the bottom right corner to start to convert Audible DRM files to the unprotected ones. When the conversion is done, remember to check the converted Audible audiobooks by clicking the "history" button next to "Convert". All Audible audio files in the target folder now belong to you, so just enjoy them at any device as you want.