Q: I always received an error message saying 'file format not supported' when making full use of AAX files. I failed to open AAX files on VLC, burn the Audible audiobooks to CDs, and play Audible files on my MP3 player. What are the reasons that I met such a restriction? To fix this issue, whether I need to convert AAX to MP3? If yes, how?
Audible is the most popular online audiobook store. It has been offering easy access for us to download kinds of audiobooks for offline listening. But, unlike other digital audiobook providers, Audible has implied some restrictions to the audiobooks sold on the store. In general, Audible audiobooks are encoded in AAX and AA formats which are protected by Digital Rights Management.
As a result, Audible users can only play AAX books on selected mobile devices with authorized Audible account. To take full control of the Audible books, it's necessary to convert AAX to MP3. But how? Follow this post and we'll show you 3 effective AAX to MP3 converters. You can use them to convert AAX / AA to MP3 online, free, or paid.
Part 1. Convert AAX to MP3 with Best AAX to MP3 Converter
The best way to convert AAX files to MP3 is by using a professional AAX to MP3 converter. Better still, there are many such AAX converters specialized in converting .aax to MP3.
Among them, AudFree AAX to MP3 Converter is the top-rated one. It can help you convert Audible AAX and AA files while keeping the original ID3 tags. Besides, the built-in splitting feature allows you to convert AAX to MP3 with chapters. With the help of the best AAX to MP3 converter, you are able to play any Audible AAX/AA file on the most popular MP3 players or burn the audiobooks to discs.
AudFree AA/AAX to MP3 Converter
How to Convert AAX to MP3 with Chapters
Now simply install the free trial version of AudFree Audible AAX to MP3 Converter on your computer. And follow the steps below to begin converting your Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3 in a few clicks.
- Step 1Import Audible AA/AAX to iTunes library
- Firstly, go to iTunes and sync Audible books to the iTunes library under 'My Audiobooks' section. To do so, simply click 'File' -> 'Library' -> 'Import Playlist'. Then remember to authorize iTunes with your Audible account. By doing this, your AA/AAX audiobooks could play well in iTunes. Otherwise unexpected problems may occur during conversion with AudFree AAX to MP3 Converter.
- Step 2Load Audible audiobooks to AAX audio converter
- Here, we will take the Mac version as the sample to show you how to convert Audible to MP3 on Mac. There are two options to add Audible audiobooks to AudFree. You can the 'Add' button and do drag-and-drop action. By the way, AudFree Audible to MP3 Converter supports converting any audio file. To add the protected AA/AAX books, please click the second 'Add' button at the top center of AudFree.
- Step 3Set Audible output format as MP3
- Once the audiobooks are imported to AudFree, click the 'audio' icon next to the 'Convert' button. It will pop up the setting window so that you can select the output format as MP3 for converting aa files to MP3. For any format, you are allowed to change the audio parameters according to your own needs. It includes the audio codec, channel, bit rate, sample rate, and more.
- Step 4Start to convert Audible AAX/AA to MP3
- Now click the 'Convert' button to initiate the conversion process. AudFree Audible AA to MP3 Converter will begin to remove restrictions from Audible audiobooks. At the same time, it will convert protected AA/AAX to MP3. Once converted, you can click the 'history' icon next to the 'Convert' button. And it's able to locate the MP3 audiobooks and transfer them to any other device as you like.
- Video DemoHow to convert Audible AAX/AA to MP3
Part 2. Convert AAX to MP3 with Free AAX to MP3 Converter
AudFree Audible to MP3 Converter works perfectly to convert Audible to MP3 at a faster speed. But it is a full-featured premium converter. So in this part, we will introduce a free Audible to MP3 converter, which brought by aaxman from a forum.
I have tried this tool and the conversion speed is fast. In general, it depends on computer power. No need to install the iTunes app, this free Audible converter enables you to convert AAX files. Let's check how to use this tool to convert AAX to MP3 free.
Step 1. Download and install the Audible Manager on your computer. And then select an audiobook to open.
Step 2. Log in to your Audibel account. And launch the free AAXToMP3 converter from your computer desktop.
Step 3. Choose AAX audiobooks that you'd like to convert to MP3. After that, please click the 'Convert' button to free convert .aax to MP3. All MP3 files can be located in the same folder as the AAX file.
Part 3. Convert AAX to MP3 Online with Convertio
As a matter of fact, apart from the above AAX to MP3 free converter, there are still many other tools that can do it. Another one we can meet here is Convertio, a free AAX to MP3 converter online. Different from the second software, Convertio gives users the ability to convert AAX to MP3 online.
That's to say, you don't need to install an extra tool on your computer but still can get MP3 from Audible files. Just upload AAX audiobooks, and then you can convert them to MP3 online. Here is the detailed tutorial on how to convert AAX files to MP3 online.
Step 1. Open any web browser and navigate to Convertio official website.
Step 2. Hit on the computer icon and add AAX files from your computer. Choose the input format as AAX and the output format as MP3.
Step 3. Press the 'Convert' icon to start format conversion. This online AAX to MP3 converter will convert AAX audiobooks in batch. Find all Audible MP3 audiobooks by clicking the 'Download' icon.
Part 4. Audible AA/AAX: What Is It
Both AA and AAX are protected file formats for Audible audiobooks. Because of the special codec, each AA/AAX file can only be used on up to four computers and three smartphones at a time. AAX, also called Enhanced sound, is an encrypted M4B file in variable quality AAC format. It's better for spoken works compared to the older Audible format AA.
Audible allows users to burn a limited number of books to a CD. But the best way to get full control of Audible AA/AAX files is still converting AAX to MP3. Choose one from the 3 effective ways to convert Audible to common audio formats for unlimited playback.