Audible, as one of the most popular online audiobook stores, has been offering easy access for us to download any kind of audiobooks for offline listening. However, unlike other digital audiobook providers, Audible has implied some restrictions to the audiobooks sold on the store. Specifically speaking, Audible audio books are encoded in AAX and AA formats which are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management). In result, Audible users can only listen to the AA/AAX books with authorized Audible account on selected mobile devices. That's why you may receive 'file format not supported' error when you are trying to open the Audible AAX files on VLC or burning the DRM-ed audiobooks to CDs.
In order to enjoy the Audible books on any MP3 player, you must find a way to remove Audible DRM and convert AA/AAX to MP3. But how? Now follow this post and we'll show you the simple guide to convert DRM-ed Audible AAX/AA audiobooks to MP3 with the best AAX to MP3 converter.
Part 1. Remove DRM from Audible with the Best AAX to MP3 Converter
So is there any way to get rid of DRM protection from Audible audiobooks and convert the protected AA/AAX to DRM-free MP3? The answer is yes. Better still, there are many such Audible DRM removal tools specialized in converting Audible audiobooks to unprotected MP3 or other formats. Among them, AudFree DRM Audio Converter is the top rated AAX to MP3 converter that can help you completely delete DRM limit from Audible audiobooks while keeping the original ID3 tags. In addition, the built-in splitting feature of this program allows you to cut large Audible audio book into small clips by chapters. Once the DRM is removed, you are able to play any Audible AAX/AA file on most popular MP3 players or burn the DRM-free audiobooks to discs.
AudFree AA/AAX to MP3 Converter
Part 2. How to Convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3 with AudFree Audiobook Converter
Now simply install the free trial version of AudFree Audible Converter on your computer and follow the steps below to begin converting your Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3 in a few clicks.
- Step 1Import AA/AAX audiobooks to iTunes library
- Firstly, go to iTunes and sync Audible books to iTunes library under 'My Audiobooks' section. To do so, simply click 'File' -> 'Library' -> 'Import Playlist'. Then remember to authorize iTunes with your Audible account so that the AA/AAX audiobooks could play well in iTunes. Otherwise unexpected problems may occur during conversion with AudFree DRM Audio Converter.
- Step 2Load Audible AA/AAX files to AudFree DRM Audio Converter
- You are provided with two options to add Audible audiobooks to AudFree, including using the 'Add' button and drag-and-drop. Since AudFree DRM Audio Converter supports both DRM and non-DRM audio files, to add the protected AA/AAX books, please click the second 'Add' button at the top center of AudFree.
- Step 3Set MP3 output format and other parameters
- Once the audiobooks are imported to AudFree, click the 'audio' icon next to 'Convert' button so that you can select the output format as MP3 or others. For any format, you are allowed to change the audio parameters according to your own needs, including the audio codec, channel, bit rate, sample rate and more.
- Step 4Start to convert Audible AAX/AA to MP3
- Now click the 'Convert' button to initiate the conversion process. AudFree DRM Audio Converter will begin to remove DRM restriction from Audible audiobooks by converting the DRM AA/AAX to MP3. Once converted, you can click the 'history' icon next to 'Convert' to locate the DRM-free audiobooks and transfer them to any other device as you like.
Part 3. Audible AA/AAX: What Is It
Both AA and AAX are DRM-protected file formats for Audible audiobooks. Because of the special codec, each AA/AAX Audible file can only be used on up to four computers and three smartphones at a time. AAX, also called Enhanced sound, is encrypted M4B file in variable quality AAC format. It's better for spoken works compared to the older Audible format AA. Although Audible allows users burn limited number of books to CD, the best way to get full control on Audible AA/AAX is still using some DRM removal solutions like AudFree DRM Audio Converter to completely remove DRM from Audible.