As a powerful and free graphic design platform, Canva is continuously attracting more and more users. You can easily create visual content on Canva, such as videos, slideshows, lesson plans, invitations and more. To create a great Canva video, the right soundtrack plays a key role.
When it comes to music, Spotify is probably the first choice that comes to most people’s mind, as Spotify it is a hot music streaming platform with rich music library. Can you add music to Canva video from Spotify as background music? This article will explore this matter and show you the best option on how to add Spotify music to Canva. Let’s dive right into the point.
- Part 1. Can You Add Music to Canva Video from Spotify Directly
- Part 2. How to Add Spotify Music to Canva - Tool Required
- Part 3. How to Add Audio to Canva Video from Spotify
- Part 4. How to Edit Spotify Music on Canva Video
- Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions about Canva and Spotify
- Part 5. Conclusion
Part 1. Can You Add Music to Canva Video from Spotify Directly
If you have ever tried to add music to a Canva video from Spotify directly, you will find that it seems to be an impossible task. This is because Spotify songs are cached files encoded in a special format, while Canva only supports music files in common formats such as MP3, M4A, OGG, etc. Therefore, you cannot upload music to Canva presentation from Spotify officially.
|Spotify Music Format||Protected Ogg Vorbis|
|Canva Supported Audio Formats||MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV, WEBM|
|Canva Supported Video Formats||MOV, GIF, MP4, MPEG, MKV, WEBM|
|Canva Supported Image Formats||JPEG, PNG, SVG|
Part 2. How to Add Spotify Music to Canva - Tool Required
As mentioned before, you cannot import songs from Spotify to Canva immediately because of format incompatibility. For this reason, you need to make sure that your Spotify music is Canva compatible audio files. In fact, AudFree Spotify Music Converter is the answer to your immediate dilemma.
AudFree SpoDable is an efficient Spotify download and conversion tool. You can use it to download any Spotify music, albums and playlists and convert them to MP3, WAV, M4A and other common audio formats supported by Canva. Then, you can add Spotify song to Canva video without any trouble.
Besides, the original sound quality and ID3 tags of Spotify songs will be kept intact so that you can set up the full Spotify sounds in Canva videos. Now, let's read on to get the detailed tutorial on converting Spotify Music for Canva with AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Download songs/playlists/albums from Spotify freely
- Convert Spotify to MP3, WAV, M4A, AAC, FLAC, etc. for Canva
- Add music to Canva video from Spotify
- Work at 5X faster speed, edit music quality and parameters
How to Convert Spotify Music to Canva-Supported Format
- Step 1Import Spotify Music to AudFree SpoDable
- Double-click the shortcut icon to launch AudFree SpoDable from your desktop. Then drag and drop Spotify Music you want to add to Canva to the conversion window directly. Or copy and paste the URL of the track to search box, and then press the Add button on the right.
- Step 2Customize Spotify Music Output Format for Canva
- Please click on the Menu bar in the upper right corner and select the Preferences button. A new window will open and then you can choose Convert option to convert Spotify Music to MP3, M4A and other Canva-compatible formats. You can also configure other output parameters of Spotify Music, including audio channels, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Download and Convert Spotify Music for Canva
- After setting up the above two steps, click the Convert button and AudFree SpoDable will start to download music for Canva. Once the conversion process is finished, you can get those Spotify Music on your local computer. After that, you can listen to Spotify Music offline without premium and use Spotify Music on any device or video editing application like Canva.
Part 3. How to Add Audio to Canva Video from Spotify
Once you have finished converting Spotify Music, you'll find it's a breeze to add music on Canva from Spotify. You can easily upload music to Canva video for editing. Please thoroughly follow the following simple steps on desktop and mobile devices.
How to Add Music to Canva Video from Spotify on Desktop
Step 1. First launch Canva on your desktop and click on Create Design to create a new video or open an existing video.
Step 2. Press the Uploads button in the left panel, and then select the Upload Media tab.
Step 3. Select the Spotify music files from your device that you want to upload to Canva.
Step 4. Click the Audio option on the left side panel to find the uploaded Spotify audio files.
Step 5. Now you can add music from Spotify to Canva video project directly.
How to Add Spotify Audio to Canva on Mobile
Step 1. Sync Spotify music to Android or iOS devices from your computer.
Step 2. Launch the Canva app on your phone and click on Video and Video Cover.
Step 3. Click Create Blank and then select the + button at the bottom of the Canva editor.
Step 4. Select the Uploads tab at the bottom, then click Upload Files and Choose Files.
Step 5. Find and select the Spotify song file you want to add.
Step 6. Select the Audio tab to add your uploaded Spotify music to Canva video.
Part 4. How to Edit Spotify Music on Canva Video
Now that you have successfully added Spotify music to Canva, you can take advantage of some useful features to edit audio. Generally, you can only find basic features in Canva such as trimming audio and changing audio volume, more advanced features are missing. Anyway, use the following procedure to easily edit Spotify audio in Canva.
Step 1. After you download music to Canva from Spotify, you need to click Timeline.
Step 2. Hover your mouse cursor over the Spotify track and click the Trim Handle to adjust the length of the song.
Step 3. Tap the slider of the Volume button to set the Spotify music volume.
Step 4. Click the three-dot icon at the end of the Spotify audio and select Adjust to add the Spotify music to a specific location in the Canva video.
Step 5. Hit the Preview button to help you see if the Canva video was created to your liking. If there are no problems, tap the Save button.
Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions about Canva and Spotify
Q1: Is All Music on Canva Copyright Free?
In fact, all free music, photo and video files on Canva are available for commercial and non-commercial use. But you can't add music to Canva for free, i.e. those that are protected by copyright.
Q2: Can I Upload a Song to Canva from Spotify?
Although there is no official method, you can use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify songs to common format. Then it's specially simple to add audio to Canva video.
Q3: Can I Add Multiple Spotify Audio in Canva?
Of course, you can add and layer as many Spotify tracks in your Canva videos as you want.
Q4: What Are the Alternatives to Canva?
Similar graphic design tools to Canva are Adobe Spark, Visme, Crello, Stencil, Snappa, Pixlr X.
Part 6. Conclusion
It's not as hard as you might think to add music to Canva from Spotify, right? And it mainly depends on this comprehensive AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Now you can easily download and convert Spotify music, then add background music to Canva video from Spotify at will. Give it a try to create an outstanding video you like.