With the increasingly competitive streaming music industry, how to retain as many as subscribers is becoming a burning question to solve at this stage. Up to Apr 29, 2019, Spotify announced that there were more than 100 million users subscribed to Spotify Premium throughout the world. Containing free users, Spotify now has a nearly 217 million monthly active users all over the world.
Although it is an amazing achievement for Spotify, there is a growing trend for "how to cancel Spotify account" in these days. If you have decided to try other streaming music services instead of Spotify, but still want to keep the downloaded Spotify tracks, it is very necessary to follow what is written below. In this article, I will show you a useful way to delete Spotify account without losing tracks, which may save time to redownload your favorite tracks in another music platform.
Part 1. How to Cancel Spotify Account
As a reminder, to cancel/delete Spotify account is different from to cancel Spotify premium subscription. If you choose to cancel the premium from Spotify, your account will turn back to free service. But if you plan to delete/cancel Spotify account, the whole info of your account will disappear. It is better to make sure that you will not use Spotify anymore before you close Spotify account. In addition, it is only allowed for the free user to delete the account of Spotify. You need to cancel the premium plan first if you have it.
Step 1. Navigate to the "Contact Spotify" page on a web explorer.
Step 2. Log in with your account info.
Step 3. Enter "Account" in the category below.
Step 4. Select "I want to close my account permanently".
Step 5. Choose "close account".
Part 2. Preserve Spotify Tracks After Deleting Spotify Account
After you delete your Spotify account, all of your downloaded tracks are gone from your music library. Although it is possible for you to transfer Spotify playlists to iTunes, Google Music, Tidal, such kinds of music streaming services, it still takes a great deal of time to finish all the jobs. In order to improve efficiency, it is better to download Spotify songs as local audio files by a third-party downloader.
Here, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader is the best choice for you, which is focused on removing DRM restrictions from Spotify songs, converting and downloading Spotify tracks into DRM-free formats such as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc. Utilizing a frontier technology, this intelligent tool can work at a 5X faster speed in an ideal situation, thus an entire Spotify playlist within 100 songs can be decoded in a flash. More importantly, every tracks/podcasts/audiobooks/radio from Spotify can be saved into 100% lossless-quality music with full ID3 tags.
With the help of this all-rounded program, it is quite simple to keep Spotify music files after the deletion of the Spotify account. Just follow the instructions below to download Spotify streams locally.
- Step 1Export songs from Spotify and import to AudFree
- Download AudFree Spotify Music Downloader and Spotify app on your desktop. You need to notice that the Spotify app you installed is not from Windows Store. Then open AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. The Spotify app will be popped up automatically. 2 ways to load Spotify files in AudFree. The first is to copy the URL of Spotify track/playlist and paste it to the on-top search bar of AudFree, then tap on the '+' button on the right. The second is to drag and drop the stream/playlist from Spotify to the home page of AudFree directly. Please be aware of the ceiling of adding songs is 100. Generally, just a few seconds later, the songs you picked will be imported to AudFree completely.
- Step 2Modify Spotify output format, bitrate, sample rate, etc
Before we start to convert, it is supported to reset the output settings as your needs. For the Windows users: You ought to click to the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the AudFree. Then hit on "Preferences" > "Convert". For the Mac users: You are supposed to find the "AudFree Spotify Music Converter" from the menu bar on the top left corner of your Mac system. A new window will show you the details, which are allowed to adjust by yourself. Just simply click the drop-down icon of each option like format, bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc.Tips: in order to stay the same quality with original Spotify tracks, please change the bit rate to 320kbps and sample rate to 48000 Hz.
- Step 3 Convert and download Spotify audios to the local music library
- Here is the last step. Please tap on the 'Convert' button on the lower right corner of AudFree. Then the program will start unfreezing the DRM from Spotify audios and convert them as the output settings you set out earlier. The converting duration lasts depending on the number of tracks in the download list. After conversion, please follow the on-screen instructions to locate the local Spotify music folder on the computer.
Now you can delete you Spotify account without much hesitation after using this smart software to download Spotify songs for local saving and playing.