Q: Can I play Spotify music from Spotify without Internet? I will take a long road trip and be planning on listening to Spotify music offline in the car for this long-distance driving to make my mind refresh. Is there a workaround on how to download Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts offline so that I can play them without Interne when driving?
Speaking of playing Spotify music offline, there are two ways to make it available: One is to subscribe to Spotify Premium to get Spotify Offline Mode feature, the other is to resort to the powerful third-party Spotify music downloaders that can download and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, etc. for offline playback. You can read on this article to get the detailed instruction.
Method 1. How to Play Music Offline on Spotify with Spotify Offline Mode (Premium)
Spotify offers two tiers for everyone, respectively Spotify Free and Premium. With Spotify free subscription, users just need to register a Spotify account with email address or Facebook link. Then Spotify free subscribers can enjoy the basic Spotify features, like listening to music online with advertisements or watch automatic music videos. Meanwhile, Spotify Premium users can play ad-free songs improved streaming quality offline by paying for $9.99 per month for personal use.
According to the introduction to Spotify streaming music service, we all know that if you'd like to download music on Spotify to play without Internet, you should have a Spotify Premium account to make Spotify Offline Mode activate. And then you can refer to the following tutorial to learn on how to set Spotify Offline Mode and get Spotify offline.
Step 1. Launch Spotify app on your Mac or Windows computer and login your Spotify Premium account and password. To download Spotify music offline, please make sure the Internet is connected well.
Step 2. Navigate to the favorite Spotify playlists or podcasts or you can create an exclusive playlist on Spotify and open the music or playlist, you will see there is a 'Download' button under the playlist title. Just switch the 'Download' button on to download Spotify music offline automatically.
Step 3. Now, you can begin to switch Spotify Offline Mode on. For PC or Mac users, please click the three-dot top menu to choose 'File' > 'Offline Mode' option. For mobile device users, you need to go to the 'Library' page and hit on the 'gear' icon to choose 'Playback' option and then switch 'Offline' on.
Now, you can play downloaded Spotify music and playlists without using data on your devices without problem.
Method 2. How to Download Spotify Music Offline with Spotify Downloader (Spotify Free)
If you are a free Spotify subscriber and eager to play music without Internet on Spotify, AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter is an ideal assistant, which is well-designed to download songs, playlists and podcasts from Spotify offline without Premium and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. with high quality preserved. With the help of this all-in-one Spotify solution, you can listen to Spotify offline on all devices and music players.
Is it the first time to use such software? Take it easy. Just download and install this powerful AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter on your computer firstly. After installment, you can refer to the following one-by-one steps to play Spotify music without data.
- Step 1Add Spotify music and playlists to AudFree
- There are two ways to import Spotify songs to AudFree software. Just drag and drop the target Spotify music to the main interface directly. Or you can find the Spotify track, click the 'three-dot' icon to choose 'Copy Spotify URL', paste it to the search box on AudFree and press the '+' button to load files automatically.
- Step 2Customize output audio parameters
- As you are using Spotify free account, the audio quality could be lower that Spotify Premium's. Fortunately, AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter allows users to enhance the output audio quality as well. Just click the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option, you can start to set bit rate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz and define output audio format as common audio files.
- Step 3Start to download Spotify music offline
- When all things are ready, the last thing you need to do is to simply press the big 'Convert' button only at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. Now, AudFree Spotify converter will download Spotify tracks offline and convert them to common high-quality audio files at 5X faster speed.
After conversion, you can click the 'file' icon to locate all Spotify offline MP3 audio files on your computer. If you'd like to play music from Spotify without Internet on your mobile devices, you transfer the converted Spotify tracks to mobile phones via USB cable in advance. You can even play Spotify music in the car directly via transferring Spotify songs to USB flash drive. As result, you can play Spotify music offline freely now.