It may hard to imagine that we can listen to Hi-Fi music at any time and anywhere in the last century. Thanks to the development of the internet, now it is accessible to enjoy music in CD quality through various streaming music services, such as Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon HD, and so on. From the original MP3 player to smart speakers, our listening experience is getting better due to the gradually update of playback devices. Now, to play Hi-Fi streams on smart speakers has become one of the popular ways to enjoy music.
As the representatives of their related fields, Tidal music, and Amazon Echo grab many music lovers' attention. So, can we listen to Tidal music on Amazon Echo? In this article, you will find the best answer to play Tidal on Amazon Echo.
Part 1. Transfer Tidal to Amazon Echo: Why and How
One of the most obvious advantages of using the Amazon Echo is that support to play Tidal through Alexa. However, this built-in intelligent assistant is only available in the United States. You are not supported to ask Alexa to play Tidal songs on Amazon Echo unless you register a U.S. account on Amazon.
However, this issue can be perfectly solved by an alternative solution, which is to use a third-party tool to download Tidal music as local audio files.
Best Tidal Music Downloader for Amazon Echo
Especially born for downloading Tidal music, AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is compatible with the latest Tidal app, lossless downloading and converting protected audio files from Tidal to FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, aand other kinds of universal formats with 100% original quality and ID3 tags.
Moreover, using the newest converting skill, in a stable condition, this intelligent program enables at most 100 tracks convert successfully at 5X or faster speed. With the support of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, it is simple to locally download Tidal tracks and import them to Amazon Echo. So that you can use Alexa without territorial restrictions.
How to Stream Tidal to Amazon Echo
You can try the free version of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader when you are a new user. There is a one-minute conversion of each Tidal songs. If you are satisfied with this software, please register the full version. Then, let's check the detailed tutorials of using full conversion.
- Step 1Import Tidal music to AudFree
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your desktop. The Tidal app will automatically open later. After typing in your Tidal ID and password, please go and browse any song that you want to convert. Next, copy and paste the URL of it to the search box in AudFree. After that, hit the '+' icon to add it to AudFree.
- Step 2Change output parameters for Amazon Echo
- After the files are all added, you can modify the output settings. On a Windows device, please find the menu icon from the top menu bar in AudFree. On the Mac device, please go to the AudFree Tidal Music Converter tab under the system menu of Mac. Next, please click to Preferences > Convert to open Settings. Then you can modify the output settings as you need.
- Tips: To convert the music in Hi-Fi quality, please choose bit depth to 16 bit and sample rate to 48000Hz. To convert songs in Master quality, select bit depth to 24 bit and sample rate to 96000Hz.
- Step 3Locally Download Tidal for Amazon Echo
- Directly hit the big Convert button in AudFree to begin the conversion. When the converting phase is finished, please follow the pop-out instructions to locate the target folder where all local Tidal songs listed.
Part 2. How to Stream Music from Computer to Amazon Echo
Pair a Windows Computer with the Amazon Echo
Step 1.Go to alexa.amazon.com and type into your Alexa account info.
Step 2. On the left panel, please entry "Settings" and find your Echo on the list.
Step 3. Open "Bluetooth" and check to "Pair a New Device".
Step 4. Wait until Alexa search for and link to the computer.
Step 5. Head to your computer's "Search" box under the "Start" menu.
Step 6. Type in "Bluetooth" and go to the related "Settings" page.
Step 7. Keep Bluetooth turning on and the computer is discoverable.
Step 8. Choose "Add Bluetooth or Other Device". Then select "Device Type" > "Bluetooth".
Step 9. Find and tap your Echo from the list of devices and hit "Done".
Pair a Mac Computer with the Amazon Echo
The first five steps are the same as mentioned above.
Step 6. Go to the menu bar of Mac and open "Bluetooth".
Step 7. Select "Connect" and then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your device.
Step 8. Click to "Apple menu" > "System Preferences" > "Sound".
Step 9. Choose Output, and find your Echo in the list of devices.
Now your computer is linked to your Amazon Echo. Other than choosing to connect Tidal to Amazon Echo from the local computer, you can also choose to link Tidal to Echo from phone or tablet. Just move Tidal music to SD cards on the phone. In this way, it is simple as well to play Tidal songs through Alexa.