Nvidia Shield TV, the popular Android-based digital media player and gaming device, is worth buying among all Android TVs for its high performance and advanced features. Nvidia Shield TV Pro, launched on Oct 28, 2019, not only provides more details in 1080p content but also equips it with Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Dolby Atmos audio, which supports you to enjoy any CD-quality music at home.
If you are a Hi-Fi music lover, I bet you know about Tidal music, which is featured as Hi-Fi and Master streaming music. Fortunately, there is Tidal Nvidia Shield integration for you to enjoy a more immersive listening experience. And in this article, I am going to discuss the pros and cons of the Tidal on Nvidia Shield TV, and more significantly, introduce an official way and the best way to play Tidal HiFi and Masters on Nvidia Shield TV.
Part 1. Make Tidal Connect Nvidia Shield TV: Tutorial, Pros, and Cons
How to Get and Stream Tidal on Nvidia Shield
Here, we have listed the detailed steps to install the Tidal app on this Android TV and listen to Tidal music on Nvidia Shield TV.
Step 1. Just go to the Play Store on your Nvidia Shield TV and search for 'Tidal' to install it on your TV by clicking 'Install'.
Step 2. Enter link.tidal.com on other smart devices such as a computer or a phone. Log into your Tidal premium account.
Step 3. A code will show on your computer or phone. Type in the code on Nvidia Shield. Then the connection is done.
If you fail to find Tidal on Nvidia Shield, please have a shot at sideloading Tidal on Nvidia Shield after downloading the Tidal APK from a trusted source. Then retry the above-mentioned steps. Afterward, you can use the Nvidia Shield Tidal app as Tidal on desktops and phones.
Pros: Direct and Easy
On the grounds that there is an Tidal Nvidia Shield integration, you can play music from Tidal on Nvidia Shield directly via the Tidal app or by connecting your Nvidia Shield TV to a compatible PC. Nvidia Shield supports Dolby Atmos, any CD-quality music, and other music with more audio formats at up to 32-bit/192 kHz.
That means this TV allows Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus users to play Tidal Dolby Atmos, Tidal HiFi, and Tidal MQA music to enjoy an immersive audio experience.
Cons: Unstable Master quality and Low volume
Sometimes, there is no Master option for you even having a Tidal Master subscription or Nvidia Shield Tidal app exports MQA music at only 88.2 kHz, which is lossy quality. Besides, music volume may sound lower and music quality becomes poorer when using the native Tidal app on Nvidia Shield.
If you change to using Airplay from the iPhone, the situation may get better. But if you have high requirements for music quality, you are hardly satisfied with these two methods. Amid the unsatisfactory cons, you can try the below method we prepared for you in the next part.
Part 2. Play MQA/Atmos/Hi-Res Music from Tidal on Nvidia Shield TV Freely
So how to play lossless Tidal Master on Nvidia Shield TV without any unstable issues? Here is the best tool to help you. It is a simple but powerful third-party software called AudFree Tidal Music Converter. Designed for downloading and converting Tidal to commonly used FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, and many other unprotected formats without a Tidal subscription, this smart program can also keep 100% raw metadata, which means 100% lossless quality and 100% original ID3 tags will be saved in the converted files.
Taking full advantage of the latest converting technology, this intelligent tool can accommodate 100 tracks at once, unlocking the limitation in songs at a 5X faster speed. With the help of the AudFree Tidal Music Converter, it is simple to download Tidal High-quality, HiFi, and Master music to real local files and transform them to Nvidia Shield TV and other devices or players whenever you want.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Losslessly download Tidal songs,playlists,and albums
- Convert Tidal to lossless FLAC, MP3, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, etc.
- Keep ID3 tags, support Tidal playback without premium
- Transfer Tidal to Nvidia Shield TV and other Android TVs
Download and Play Lossless Tidal Master and HiFi for Nvidia Shield
You can install and try the free version of AudFree Tidal Music Converter by hitting the green 'Download' button. It is safe and legal to get it for personal use. If you are satisfied with this software, please register to unlock the full version. Now let’s see the detailed tutorials of the registered conversion.
- Step 1Add Tidal music to AudFree Tidable
- Launch AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer. The Tidal app will automatically open later. After logging in to your existing Tidal account, just search for any song playlist, or album that you would like to convert. Next, copy and paste the link of it to the search box in AudFree and tap the '+' icon to import and analyze Tidal audio on AudFree Tidable. Alternatively, directly drag and drop the single track of the playlist from the Tidal app to the main interface of this gadget.
- Step 2Alter output settings of Tidal music for Nvidia Shield TV
- Then reset the output settings to Nvidia Shield-supported formats such as FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, etc. On a Windows computer, please click on the menu icon on the top menu bar in AudFree Tidable. On the Mac computer, please find the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' tab under the system menu of Mac. Next, please hit the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' tab to prompt to the Settings page.
- Also, you can customize the output parameters embracing the bit rate or depth, sample rate, audio channels, and more for lossless quality and an awesome all-around listening experience. To enjoy Tidal MQA on Nvidia Shield TV, please select WAV or FLAC and reset the parameter to 24-bit/96 kHz. For WAV, you can even choose the maximum 32-bit/192 kHz.
- Step 3Convert and download Tidal for Nvidia Shield TV
- Directly press the big 'Convert' button to start the conversion. When the converting process is finished, please follow the pop-out instructions to browse the target folder where all converted Tidal songs are kept.
- Step 4Stream Tidal into Nvidia Shield TV via USB
- Now you can drag and drop the converted Tidal files to a USB. Just insert the USB to your Nvidia Shield TV. Don't forget to install an extra music player on the Nvidia Shield TV. For example, you can search and download Plex player from the Google Play Store. Then simply add Tidal to Plex for music playback on Nvidia Shield TV.
Part 3. More FAQs about Nvidia Shield Integration
Q1: Why am I unable to find Tidal on Nvidia Shield Pro?
There are two factors that may play significant roles in the issue. One possibility is that Tidal is not available in your region or country. Another potential reason is that the app may not be compatible with your model of Nvidia Shield. Please check if you have the latest Android 11 version of Nvidia Shield.
If it is of no avail still, please try to clear the cache of the Google Play Store on the Nvidia Shield Pro. Or, you can try to download the Tidal APK from a reliable platform to sideload the app on Nvidia Shield.
Q2: What bit rate does Tidal output from Shield TV?
It mainly depends on what subscriptions to Tidal you have on Nvidia Shield TV. Tidal HiFi will play at 1141 kbps while Tidal HiFi Plus outputs 9216 kbps on Nvidia Shield.
Part 4. Verdict
An official way supports you to play high-quality music on the Tidal Nvidia Shield app as long as you have a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account. However, there is a better way to enjoy Tidal HiFi and MAQ music on Nvidia Shield TV without any Tidal subscriptions. That is to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter, a one-in-stop tool that allows you to download and convert all types of Tidal music as local files in universal formats. Thus, you can play Tidal music on multiple devices or players besides Nvidia Shield.
If you have any questions or advice, welcome to leave your words in the comment area.