Rekordbox is the DJ software presented by Pioneer DJ. As is stated on rekordbox's official website, it is a cloud-connected professional DJ platform. It provides a seamless DJ experience across multiple devices and enables users to manage music and perform. And it works perfectly with Pioneer DJ hardware.
Rekordbox also integrates seamlessly with some global music streaming and entertainment platforms. It supports Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK, and SoundCloud Go+ streaming for a while. Then, does Tidal work with Rekordbox? Yes! With the latest update to version 6.1.1, rekordbox has brought new Edit Mode and Tidal support to the party.
With this exciting rekordbox Tidal integration, DJs now stream and edit over 60 million high-quality songs in their sets. What are you waiting for? Let's get started to link Tidal to rekordbox so that you can use Tidal with rekordbox. Online and offline ways are available for you to choose from.
Part 1. How to Link Tidal to Rekordbox Online
Can you use Tidal with rekordbox? This is no longer a myth. With the latest rekordbox integration with Tidal, over 60 million songs and thousands of expertly curated playlists are available for you to stream. The only premise is that you have a Tidal Premium or HiFi subscription.
Step 1. Launch the rekordbox software, and you will see a bunch of dropdowns on the left column. Select Tidal, click the Log in button, and log in with your Tidal account. It will link Tidal to rekordbox for you automatically.
Step 2. Once logged in, you can browse My Collection – including playlists, albums, and tracks saved in your Tidal account – from inside rekordbox. Unfortunately, you don't have control of them in rekordbox, such as adding or deleting tracks to a certain playlist.
Step 3. You can also find inspiration from the genres and moods playlists compiled by Tidal and search through the platform's robust music catalog. After that, you can mix it with the files stored in your rekordbox library. You can even choose whether you want to play Tidal songs in AAC or FLAC format that comes with higher quality.
However, due to Tidal restrictions, you cannot have rekordbox streaming Tidal offline. Moreover, music distributed by TIDAL can only be used in rekordbox's Performance mode, but not the Export mode or Link Export mode. And the recording and Capture features are unavailable when tracks from Tidal are playing.
Part 2. How to Use Tidal and Rekordbox Offline
Though rekordbox doesn't support Tidal offline, it does allow users to import local music files from computer. So, there is a possible way to use rekordbox Tidal offline. If you can get Tidal songs to local files on your computer, it will be able to add Tidal offline tracks to rekordbox. Under this circumstance, using Tidal and rekordbox offline is available.
As it might be known to many Tidal subscribers already, Tidal allows users to download music for offline playback within its mobile app, but not on desktop. To download Tidal songs offline, you need to meet AudFree Tidal Music Converter
It's professional software designed to download and convert Tidal songs, playlists, albums to plain audio formats on Mac or Windows computer. You can choose to store Tidal to FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, Lossless, WAV, and so forth. After conversion, all Tidal audio files can be added to rekordbox for streaming and mixing offline.
With advanced technology, AudFree Tidable is intelligent enough to keep the original quality. It can detect and preserve all ID3 tag information, such as artist, title, genre, album art. What's even better, you can personalize audio parameters for output Tidal music. This excellent software can surely let you make full use of your Tidal subscription.
Before getting started, you can download the AudFree Tidal Music Converter free version. Now, you can start with us to see how to DJ with Tidal in rekordbox offline.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output format, parameters for rekordbox
- For Windows users, please head to "Menu" from the upper-right corner, and then select the "Preferences" >> "Convert" option. For Mac users, you could directly click "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" from the Menu bar on your Mac system to open the setting window. Here, you are able to customize audio formats and other audio parameters for rekordbox, then click "OK" to apply all settings. For your information, most Rekordbox versions support MP3, AAC, and WAV.
- Step 1Load Tidal music to AudFree Tidable
- Launch the AudFree Tidable and the built-in Tidal Web Player will open automatically. Go to the player to find the track, album, playlist you wish to play in rekordbox DJ offline. Once found, please hit on the playlist or album, the gray '+' button will be a highlight. After that, touch the "+" icon to add and select Tidal music to AudFree Tidable.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for Rekordbox
- In this step, you can click the "Convert" button at the bottom-right on the main interface. Then AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download Tidal music at high speed. When it finishes, you could hit on the "Converted" button to locate and check the downloaded Tidal music files on your computer. You can use rekordbox and Tidal together offline now.
- Step 4How to Connect Tidal to Rekordbox
Now the final step is to import Tidal to rekordbox software for offline use.
#1. Choose Tidal music files that you would like to import to rekordbox from the target folder on the computer.
#2. Confirm and keep the "Collection" icon on the left of the playlist highlighted. Then drag the converted Tidal audios to the track window at the bottom of rekordbox interface.
#3. Then rekordbox will analyze these local music files. When the analysis finishes, you can drag and drop Tidal into rekordbox Pioneer DJ.
Part 3. Video Demo & Conclusion
Video Tutorial: How to Use Tidal on Rekordbox DJ
This video gives you a clearer idea of how to use Tidal on rekordbox for offline mixing or DJing. Once learned, you can easily get Tidal songs to local files with high quality for mixing on rekordbox. And you can play Tidal music on any device other than rekordbox offline without any limitation.
Conclusion:After reading this post, you may find that it's quite easy to use Tidal and rekordbox, right? No matter which way you apply in the end, you can have fun DJing with Tidal.