Q: "I am using a Rekordbox DDJ 400 and have a Tidal HiFi subscription, but I cannot find the Tidal option. How can I use Tidal on Rekordbox DJ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated."
As a professional DJ platform, Rekordbox provides a seamless DJ experience across multiple devices. It also integrates with some global music streaming and entertainment platforms. It supports Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK, and SoundCloud Go+ streaming. So, does Tidal work with Rekordbox? Yes! With the latest update to version 6.1.1, Rekordbox brings Tidal support to the party. Keep reading and learn how to link Tidal to Rekordbox online and offline.
Part 1. How to Connect Tidal to Rekordbox Online
Does Rekordbox work with Tidal? This is no longer a myth. With the latest Rekordbox Tidal integration, over 100 million songs are available for you to DJ with Tidal. The only premise is that you have a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription.
Step 1. Launch the Pioneer DJ Rekordbox software, and you will see a bunch of dropdowns on the left column. Select "TIDAL", click the "Log in" button, and log in with your Tidal account. It will link Tidal to Rekordbox for you automatically.
Step 2. Once logged in, you can browse "My Collection" - including playlists, albums, and tracks saved in your Tidal account - from inside Rekordbox. Unfortunately, you don't have control of them in Rekordbox, such as adding or deleting tracks to a certain playlist.
Step 3. You can also find inspiration in playlists compiled by Tidal and search the platform's robust music catalog. Afterwards, you can mix it with files stored in your Rekordbox library. You can even choose whether to play Tidal songs in AAC format or the higher quality FLAC format.
However, due to Tidal restrictions, you cannot have Rekordbox streaming Tidal offline. Moreover, music distributed by TIDAL can only be used in Rekordbox's Performance mode, but not the Export mode or Link Export mode. And the recording and Capture features are unavailable when tracks from Tidal are playing.
Part 2. How to Use Tidal with Rekordbox Offline
Although Rekordbox does not support Tidal offline, it allows users to import local music files from their computer. So, there is a way to use Rekordbox Tidal offline. If you can save Tidal songs to local files on your computer, you can add Tidal offline tracks to Rekordbox.
As many Tidal subscribers may already know, Tidal only allows users to download songs as cache files, and not as local files. To make matters worse, there is no download option on the desktop. So, you need a professional tool - AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
It is professional software specially designed to download and convert Tidal songs, playlists, and albums to popular audio formats on Mac or Windows computer. You can choose to store Tidal as FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, Lossless, WAV and more. After conversion, all Tidal audio files can be added to Rekordbox for offline streaming and mixing. The best part is that you even don't need a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Losslessly download and convert Tidal music for Rekordbox
- Import Tidal music to Rekordbox for offline use
- Convert Tidal to FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4A, etc.
- Work at 5X speed & keep the original audio quality
With advanced technology, AudFree Tidable is intelligent enough to keep the original quality. It can detect and preserve all ID3 tag information, such as artist, title, genre, and album art. What's even better, you can personalize audio parameters for output Tidal music.
Before getting started, you can install the AudFree Tidal Music Converter free version via the 'Download' button above. Now, you can start with us to see how to DJ with Tidal in Rekordbox offline.
- Step 1Load Tidal music to AudFree Tidable
- Launch AudFree Tidable and the Tidal app will open automatically. Go to Tidal to find the track, album, playlist you wish to play in Rekordbox DJ offline. Once found, please copy and paste the music URL into this converter's top search box. After that, touch the "+" icon to add Tidal music to AudFree Tidable. Or you can simply drag and drop songs from Tidal to this software's main interface.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output parameters for Rekordbox
- Please head to "Menu" from the upper-right corner, and then select the "Preferences" > "Convert" option. Here, you are able to customize the audio format and other audio parameters for Rekordbox. For your information, most Rekordbox versions support MP3, AAC, and WAV. Finally, click "OK" to apply all settings.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for Rekordbox
- In this step, you can click the "Convert" button at the bottom-right on the main interface. Then AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download Tidal music at a 5X speed. When it finishes, you could hit on the "Converted" button to locate and check the downloaded Tidal music files on your computer. You can use Tidal and Rekordbox together offline now.
- Step 4How to Connect Tidal to Rekordbox Offline
Below is a tutorial on how to add Tidal to Rekordbox for offline use.
#1. Open Rekordbox and click on 'File' at the top left and select 'Import' > 'Import Folder'.
#2. Select the folder on your computer where the converted Tidal music is stored.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the converted Tidal files to the track window at the bottom of Rekordbox interface.
#3. Then Rekordbox will analyze these local music files. When the analysis finishes, you can drag and drop Tidal into Rekordbox Pioneer DJ.
Part 3. FAQs about Using Tidal with Rekordbox
Q1: Can You Use Tidal with Rekordbox?
A: Yes. Once you have a Tidal subscription, you can directly use Tidal on Rekordbox. You can connect your Tidal account to Rekordbox and then access over 100 million tracks. If you are not a Tidal subscriber, you can use AudFree Tidable to import Tidal offline tracks to Rekordbox for mixing.
Q2: Can You Use Tidal Offline with Rekordbox?
A: Due to the limitation of Tidal, it's impossible to get Tidal offline on Rekordbox. But you can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal songs as local files, then you can import them to Rekordbox for offline use.
Q3: Why Is Tidal Not Showing in Rekordbox?
A: You can click on 'View' at the top left and then choose 'Preferences'. Then you need to make sure the Tidal option is checked. If this still can't help, you can try reinstalling the Rekordbox software.
Q4: What Is the Best Streaming Service for Rekordbox?
A: Rekordbox is compatible with Beatsource, Beatport Streaming, SoundCloud Go+, and Tidal. With Rekordbox Tidal streaming, you can get 320kbps - 1411kbps and up to 24-bit/192kHz master quality. It is the highest audio quality among all these streaming services.
Part 4. In Conclusion
With the Tidal Rekordbox integration, you can easily connect your Tidal account to Rekordbox. But you can only use Tidal on Rekordbox online. Thankfully, we also found a way for you to use Tidal with Rekordbox offline. You just need a professional tool called AudFree Tidal Music Converter, which allows you to download Tidal music as local files. Then you can easily import the offline Tidal tracks to Rekordbox for mixing.