Q: I have subscribed an Apple Music paid plan to download Apple Music songs so that I can use them as background music for my iMovie projects. But I couldn't figure out how to add Apple Music to iMovie that I have downloaded to my computer already. Is there any simple tutorial to take me away from this awkward situation?
Can we use Apple Music in iMovie for editing? The official answer may disappoint you. But where there is a will, there is a way. I have already found effective solutions to make Apple Music available for iMovie on Mac/iOS. Read on to learn more about Apple Music and iMovie now.
Part 1. Why We Can't Import Apple Music to iMovie
Before we get started to add music to iMovie from Apple Music, it's necessary to acknowledge the reasons why you can't do it. Apple Music is a streaming service and its songs are protected by digital rights management. Then iMovie Video Editor does not recognize DRM protected songs in Apple Music.
As for AAC songs purchased from iTunes, they are not protected by DRM technology and can be imported into an iMovie project for editing without hassle. However, when you have lots of Apple Music to purchase from iTunes store, obviously, it's a big expense compared to the subscription fee of $10.99 per month.
|iMovie Supported Audio Format||MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, M4A, BWF, CAF, MP4 and RF64|
|Apple Music Format||DRM-protected M4P|
|Purchased iTunes Music Format||AAC|
Part 2. How to Add Apple Music to iMovie - Best Tool
As mentioned above, you can't add DRM protected songs to iMovie directly. If you intend to get music from Apple Music to iMovie, the way you should do is to remove DRM from Apple Music, then you can use unprotected Apple Music in iMovie with ease.
After comparing more than 10 professional Apple Music DRM removal tools, the winner may be AudFree Apple Music Converter. It is designed to get rid of DRM technology for Apple Music, iTunes audiobooks as well as Audible books with 100% lossless audio quality preserved. Moreover, this all-in-one smart software can convert Apple music to iMovie compatible audio files, such as MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, etc.
This way, it will no longer be difficult to get DRM protected songs on iMovie from Apple Music. You have the freedom to add Apple Music to iMovie and any other video editor. In addition, you can personalize Apple Music parameters to improve its quality, such as bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc. The ID3 tags and metadata information of Apple Music songs are also kept intact for creating satisfying iMovie videos.
AudFree Apple Music Converter
- Remove DRM from Apple Music, Audible books, iTunes audiobook, etc.
- Convert DRM Apple Music to MP3, WAV, etc. supported by iMovie
- Add Apple Music to iMovie, InShot, GarageBand and more.
- 100% lossless Apple audio conversion at 30X faster speed
How to Convert Apple Music to iMovie
- Step 1Load DRM Apple Music Files to AudFree Auditior
- There are two ways to add DRM protected Apple Music. The first method is to click the first 'Add file' button and all downloaded Apple Music tracks will be displayed in your iTunes library. Then you can directly select the Apple Music song you like for uploading. The other way is to drag the protected Apple song files to the main interface of this converter.
- Step 2Set Apple Music Output Format for iMovie
- You can simply click on the "Format" icon to launch the format window and you will see all the available options. It is possible to select iMovie compatible format, like MP3, WAV, AAC, etc. In this window, you can also start changing other output audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, codec, etc. to customize output quality of Apple Music song.
- Step 3Convert DRM Apple Music for iMovie
- When all settings are ready, please simply press the 'Convert' button at the right corner of the main window. Then AudFree Apple Music Converter will unlock Apple Music DRM lock and convert added music streams to target audio files that can be recognized by iMovie.
Part 3. How to Put Apple Music into iMovie for Mac
Now that you have converted DRM protected Apple Music songs to iMovie supported files, it's time to add music to iMovie from Apple Music on Mac.
How to Upload Apple Music to iMovie via iMovie Media Browser
Step 1. Launch the iMovie program on your Mac computer and create a video project.
Step 2. Click on the 'Audio' section at the top of the window and select 'Music' in the library list.
Step 3. Browse through the converted Apple Music files and select the songs you want to add to iMovie video.
Step 4. Drag this Apple track into the timeline, adjust the position and cut or delete any unwanted audio clips. Afterwards, you can still edit your iMovie project to your liking.
How to Add Music from Apple Music to iMovie via Finder
Step 1. Open iMovie on your computer and create a new project.
Step 2. Open the Finder window and select the unprotected Apple Music file you want to add to your iMovie project.
Step 3. Drag the Apple Music file into the timeline of the iMovie video, and later edit and adjust the video effects.
Part 4. How to Use Apple Music on iMovie for iOS
As for using DRM protected songs in iMovie for iphone, you can refer to the detailed instructions below to connect Apple Music to iMovie as background music. Please ensure that you have synced your unprotected Apple Music files to iTunes or iCloud Drive, so that you can freely use your Apple Music without DRM protected on iPhone or iPad.
Step 1. Launch the iMovie app on your iOS device and tap + to open a project.
Step 2. Tap 'Add Media' > 'Audio' > 'My Music' button to start locating converted Apple Music tracks.
Step 3. Tap the 'Add Audio' icon to add your favorite Apple Music to video in iMovie.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Want to use DRM protected songs in iMovie from Apple Music? Here are detailed tutorials to make iMovie Apple Music a reality. With AudFree Apple Music Converter, you can remove the format lock on Apple songs so that you can use them in iMovie and any other video editing app without any problems. Try using your talents to create amazing iMovie videos with Apple Music.