Q: "I've successfully purchased an Audible audiobook, but it's not showing up in Audible. Why is my Audible book not showing up in app? Can you help me show my books again?"
Audible is the first choice for many people to listen to audiobooks. But it can have some problems. For example, many users have reported that downloaded Audible books have disappeared or the Audible app not showing all books. How to fix the problem of Audible books not showing up in library? Keep reading to find the solution. You'll get 9 of the most effective ways to make Audible books appear in your library again.
- Solution 1. Refresh Your Library
- Solution 2. Sorting & Filtering
- Solution 3. Remove Audible Books from Archive
- Solution 4. Enable to Receive Payment
- Solution 5. Complete Your Purchase
- Solution 6. Sign Out and Sign In Again
- Solution 7. Change Wrong Marketplace
- Solution 8. Contact Audible Support
- Solution 9. Convert Audible Books for Offline Playback
Solution 1. Refresh Your Library
Is the Audible book not showing up in library? Try refreshing your library on Audible. How much time it takes depends on the size of your library. Follow the steps below to refresh your library on the Android/iOS/Windows app.
Step 1. Launch the Audible application on your Android device and tap the 'profile' icon to draw down a list.
Step 2. Hit on the 'menu' icon at the top left. Then choose the 'Help & Support' option.
Step 3. Tap on the 'three dots' at the top right and tap 'Full Library Refresh'.
Step 1. Go to Audible on your iOS device and tap on the 'profile' icon in the top left corner.
Step 2. Proceed to tap on the 'gear' icon at the top right to open the Settings window.
Step 3. Then choose 'Data & Storage' > 'Refresh Library'.
Step 1. Open Audible on Windows and tap on the top-left 'menu' tab which looks like three horizontal lines.
Step 2. Scroll down and tap on 'Help'. Then choose 'Full Library refresh'.
Solution 2. Sorting & Filtering
The sort & filter feature allows you to choose how you want to view your Audible books in your library. Thus, you may find Audible titles not showing in library sometimes. Possibly because the particular filter you selected does not include the titles you want. In this case, you can try changing the way you view the title to find your Audible book. Sometimes the problem of Audible book not showing in library will be resolved.
Step 1. Open Audible and tap 'Library' from the bottom navigation bar.
Step 2. Tap the 'All' button under the 'Titles' section.
Step 3. Pull down the 'Sort' list by clicking the nest invert triangle icon and choose 'Recent'.
Step 4. The book you recently bought should be in your library.
Step 1. Open Audible and tap 'All' in the 'Library' section.
Step 2. Tap on 'All Titles' and then tap 'Sort'.
Step 3. Choose 'Recent' and your book should appear in your library.
Solution 3. Remove Audible Titles from Archive
"Why is my audiobook not showing up on Audible?" It may be that the book title you are looking for has been archived. You can remove the book from your archive to solve the problem.
Step 1. Launch Audible and tap 'Library'.
Step 2. Click on 'Collections' at the top and then tap the 'Archive'.
Step 3. Touch on the 'three dots' button at the right of the book.
Step 4. Hit the 'Remove from Archive' button.
Solution 4. Check Your Credit Card Information
"Why is my bought Audible book not showing in app?" A credit card can be used to buy Audible books without membership. However, if your credit card information is incorrect, then your payment will not be successful. In this case, you will meet the problem of the purchased Audible book not showing up in library. If you have met the cases below, then it means that you have not purchased the book successfully:
1. You have not received an email from Audible confirming your purchase.
2. The book purchase shows up as "Order Declined" in the 'purchase history' on the account details page of the Audible website.
If you are one of the cases, you will need to check and edit your payment method. Then repurchase the book and get it back to your library. Here is how you can edit your payment method:
Step 1. On your computer, go to Audible.com and log in to your account.
Step 2. Tap 'Payment' from the left panel.
Step 3. Choose 'Manage Credit Card'. Then you can opt to 'Edit', 'Delete Card', or 'Add a Card'.
Solution 5. Complete Your Purchase
There are several steps you need to take when purchasing an audiobook. Please touch on 'Complete Purchase' from your chart's final page. Otherwise, the problem of Audible books not showing in app won't end. Here is how you can finalize the charging process:
Step 1. Go to the Audible account details page.
Step 2. Choose a book you like and then tap on it.
Step 3. Click 'Add to cart'.
Step 4. Find that book in your cart and then click 'Proceed to Checkout'.
Step 5. Finally, click 'Complete purchase' and now your book will appear in your library.
1) It is also workable to buy audible titles from Audible's mobile site. Then click the 'Buy with 1 Credit' or 'Purchase for $X.XX' box, which can help cut down the charge steps and save time.
2) The loading of Audible purchased books may be delayed for a while. Please wait for seconds before heading to your library. If the Audible purchase doesn't show up, please refresh your library to speed up the loading process.
Solution 6. Sign Out and Sign in Again
If you have more than one account, you may not notice that the purchase was for another account. So, you can log out of your Audible account and log back into the correct account. Besides, this method will speed up the process of loading Audible books in your library.
Step 1. Launch Audible and tap the 'Library' section.
Step 2. Tap the 'menu' button from the upper-left corner and then choose 'Settings'.
Step 3. Then tap on the 'Sign out'.
Step 4. Wait a few seconds and then tap 'Sign in' to log in to your correct account.
Step 1. Open Audible and tap 'Home'.
Step 2. Tap on the 'Settings' icon and then scroll down and tap 'Sign Out'.
Step 3. To sign in again, tap 'Sign in'.
✨ Note: Providing that the marketplace is different from the one where you buy audiobooks, please switch it to the correct one.
Solution 7. Change Your Marketplace
Similarly, if you log into an Audible marketplace that is not the one where you purchased the book, then the problem of Audible books not showing up in app will occur. To fix it, you can change the wrong marketplace to the correct one where you purchased your books.
Step 1. Launch the Audible application on your Android/iOS device.
Step 2. Hit on the 'menu' icon at the top left (sometimes showing as a gear icon). Then choose 'Settings' > 'Sign out of Audible'.
Step 3. Tap on 'Marketplace' and then choose the one that your bought books are available for.
Step 4. Log in to your account and the Audible book should appear in your library.
Step 1. Open 'Settings' and then click 'Sign out'. (Once you sign out of your account, your downloaded books will also be removed. So, you can back up your Audible books before signing out.)
Step 2. You can now click 'Marketplace:Audible.com' and then choose the correct marketplace.
Step 3. Log in to your account again and check if your book appears.
Solution 8. Contact Audible Support
You can also try contacting Audible support to explain the problem of Audible book not showing up in library. Once you have provided sufficient conditions, they will help you add your purchased books to your library. It may take a long time to get a return. If you think it's too complex, go to the last solution.
Solution 9. Convert Audible Books for Offline Playback Anywhere
Getting vulnerable to the books not showing up in Audible but cannot solve it with the above solutions? Or have you found the Audible books not showing up even in Alexa or other devices? That's because Audible has copyright protection for its books with encrypted AA/AAX formats. In this case, the solutions above cannot solve your problem. You can only fix it by converting Audible books to unprotected files.
To make it, you will need the help of the AudFree Audible Converter. It is able to convert and download Audible content to MP3, FLAC, AAC, and more popular formats that are supported by most devices and platforms. After conversion, you can listen to Audible books on your Alexa or other new devices. Besides, you can save the downloaded Audible books to your local drive. In this way, you can no longer worry about Audible books not showing up in the library.
Beyond that, AudFree Audible Converter will keep the original sound quality and all the metadata like ID3 tags you need. And the download speed is up to 30 times faster. You can quickly get plain audio files of Audible books for offline listening anywhere and anytime without membership or purchase.
How to Fix Audible Book Not Showing Up Issue Forever
You can install this reliable and safe AudFree software on both Mac and PC. Please download Audible books to Mac or PC with your existing Audible account. Afterward, please follow the below user guide to convert Audible content to various files.
- Step 1Load Audible Books to AudFree Auditior
- First, please transfer the downloaded Audible audiobooks to iTunes. Then open AudFree Audible Converter to batch add Audible books to it by clicking the first 'Load iTunes Library' button at bottom left. Alternatively, you can also directly drag and drop files to the conversion window.
- Step 2Change Audible Output Formats
- Click the lower-right first 'Format' icon to open the 'Format Setting' window. MP3 is the default format and it's compatible with most devices. You can also customize other output parameters as shown above. Or, there is a quicker channel: Tick the box of 'Keep lossless quality(AA, AAX). Then the Audible AA files will be transcribed to MP3 while the AAX files get exported to M4A.
- Step 3Convert Audible Books for Offline Playback
- Press the large 'Convert' button in the lower right corner. This converter will export and save your Audible books quickly to your computer's local drive. When it is done, you can go to the target folder on your computer to check the downloaded files by touching the 'Converted' button with a red spot. Then you are able to listen to Audible books offline with any media player or device without the Audible book not showing up in library issue.
We have discussed 9 fixes to troubleshoot the Audible books not showing up in library issue. By drawing support from AudFree Audible Book Converter, you will get rid of the Audible book not showing up in library and other errors, including Audible audiobooks not showing in Alexa, Kindle, or other devices. Get this powerful gadget on your computer by hitting the green 'Download' button to experience smooth listening on Audible.