Audiobooks have changed reading habits and the way information is accessed with their unique advantages. And Audible has long been the king of audiobooks, bringing great reading convenience. However, some users have reported problems with the Audible book not playing sound.
If you are also experiencing Audible no sound, don't panic, read on to find out the solution. This article will cover common causes and 11 fixes to the issue of Audible not playing sound. Let's move on to making Audible audiobooks available.
- Part 1. Why Is There No Sound on Audible
- Part 2. Common Ways to Fix Audible No Sound Issue
- Solution 1. Check Network Connection
- Solution 2. Check the Volume Level of Devices
- Solution 3. Change Audible Books Download Format
- Solution 4. Delete and Re-Download Audible Titles
- Solution 5. Force Stop and Reopen Audible App
- Solution 6. Clear Audible App Cache
- Solution 7. Reinstall Audible App
- Solution 8. Change Download Quality for Audible Books
- Solution 9. Check Bluetooth Connection in Cars
- Solution 10. Try Another Device
- Part 3. Best Way to Fix Audible Playing But No Sound Issue on All Devices
- Part 4. In Conclusion
Part 1. Why Is There No Sound on Audible
It is not pleasant if one Audible book has no sound when you try to listen to it. There are various reasons why Audible book voice is not audible.
- Faulty playback device.
- Poor network connection.
- The format of downloaded audiobooks is wrong.
- The Audible application is not running correctly.
- Download errors or poor Audible audio quality.
- Audio stops suddenly, skipping audio or background noise.
- Errors and glitches of the device.
- The improper streaming quality of Audible audiobooks.
Part 2. How to Solve Audible No Sound Issue
For the above reasons, we have compiled some general solutions to fix Audible audiobook no sound. Just read below to fix such Audible not working issues and listen to your favorite Audible books again.
Solution 1. Check Network Connection
If you encounter something with the Audible app no sound problem, the first thing to look at is the internet connection, make sure your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection is working. Audible needs a stable internet connection to play Audible books properly. You can try restarting your internet connection or resetting your router to see if the Audible books will play with sound.
Solution 2. Check the Volume Level of Devices
Sometimes, we may forget to unmute the sound. The necessary step is to check the default option i.e. the volume of your device. If the device volume is 0, you can increase the volume to avoid the Audible book no sound situation. You can simply press the volume-up button on the side of your phone. Or, adjust the volume on your laptop by clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
Solution 3. Change Audible Books Download Format
According to the comments of some Audible users on Reddit and other forums, the downloaded Audible books have no sound when transferring books to iTunes and listening to them with iTunes. Because they downloaded audiobooks in Format 4 (.aa) before, which is incompatible and unplayable with the latest version of iTunes. Moreover, Format 4 has been removed from Audible. Thus, you can change the format before downloading the Audible titles.
Step 1. Navigate to Audible.com and head to 'My Library'.
Step 2. Click on the 'Audio Format' or 'File Size' column to the right of Audible titles.
Step 3. Hit the 'Change Format' tab and set the download format as 'Enhanced' from the drop-down menu, which is also called AAX.
Step 4. Afterward, you can click the download button to download Audible audiobooks again.
Solution 4. Delete and Re-Download Audible Titles
You may also find Audible playback problems if the downloaded Audible book is incomplete or corrupted. Fortunately, as an Audible user, you have full control of your library to add, remove, and even scrub titles to your liking. Follow the steps below to remove an unplayable Audible book from your device, then download the book again.
Step 1. Go to the 'My Library' section of the Audible app.
Step 2. Search for and tap on the audiobooks you want to delete.
Step 3. Delete downloaded Audible books by pressing the red Minus sign next to each book or the bin icon marked 'Delete'.
Step 4. It will bring up the 'Delete from device' option, just click on it.
Step 5. Hit on the search bar on the home page to search for the Audible title and click on the Download button to download it.
Solution 5. Force Stop and Reopen Audible App
Re-running the Audible application is an easy way to resolve the Audible no sound issue. This is because many Audible problems can be caused by errors in running the app. Simply stop and re-open the Audible app to see if you can listen to Audible books properly.
Step 1. Go to the Settings section of the Audible app.
Step 2. Click on Apps & Notifications > All Apps > Audible.
Step 3. Tap the Force Stop option at the bottom of the screen to close the app.
Step 4. Re-open the Audible application and see if the problem has been resolved.
Step 1. Tap the Home button twice on your iOS device, or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see a preview of all the apps.
Step 2. Pause in the Audible app's preview and swipe up to force it to close.
Step 3. Wait a few minutes and reopen the Audible app.
Solution 6. Clear Audible Cache
Sometimes, the version of data cached by the Audible app may not match the latest data, which prevents the application from functioning properly. An incorrect application will cause your Audible audiobooks to play without sound. You'll find out how to clear the Audible cache on Android and iOS below.
Step 1. Select your phone's Settings app.
Step 2. Tap Apps or All Apps and search for Audible.
Step 3. Select Storage and Clear Data from the options given.
Step 1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
Step 2. Tap General, then select iPhone Storage.
Step 3. Search for and tap Audible in the list of apps.
Step 4. Hit on the Offload App to clear the data stored on Audible.
Solution 7. Reinstall Audible App
Problems with the Audible app itself can also result in the Audible not playing sound trouble. Reinstalling the Audible app can often fix a misbehaving app. Please uninstall the Audible app from your device first, then download and install it from the app store. Then see if the Audible audiobooks play smoothly.
Solution 8. Change Download Audio Quality for Audible Books
Audio quality is also a culprit that leads to the Audible app no sound problem. Thus, you can try switching the streaming quality and play the books again to see whether the problem gets resolved.
Step 1. On the Audible mobile app, click the bottom-right Profile icon.
Step 2. Tap on the gear icon from the upper right corner.
Step 3. Select 'Data & Storage' from the list.
Step 4. Then you can pick one quality between the 'Standard' or 'High' quality under the 'Download Quality' section.
Solution 9. Check Bluetooth Connection in Cars
If you are listening Audible books in a car with Bluetooth, please make sure the Bluetooth connection is stable while streaming. Just go to the Settings app > Bluetooth from your mobile or computer to check it.
Solution 10. Try Another Device
If the above methods are of no avail, you need to consider that this Audible sound not working issue may result from unknown bugs or its default settings on the device you use. Just try switching to another device to check if this problem gets around on other devices.
Part 3. Best Way to Fix Audible Playing But No Sound Issue on All Devices
As stated above, there is an error on the device itself that contributes to the no sound on Audible issue. The best solution is to play Audible audiobooks on other devices. Audible books can only be played on officially licensed devices due to copyright management protection. To lift this restriction, we have found the ultimate way to convert Audible audiobooks to common formats for offline playback on all devices at any time.
You can rely on the professional AudFree Audible Converter to convert Audible to many popular audio formats such as MP3, AAC, WAV, and more. The converted Audible books have no loss of audio quality and ID3 tags. Afterward, you can keep the original Audible books on your computer locally. In turn, it couldn't be easier to transfer Audible books to any desired device and player for smooth playback.
Besides, this intelligent and user-friendly gadget endows you with the ability to split the Audible books into chapters. It also entitles you to customize the output parameters such as the bit rate, sample rate, channels, codecs, etc. for higher audio quality without the no sound issue.
How to Play Audible Books on Any Device without Audible No Sound Error
Click the green Download button above to install the safe and legal AudFree Audible Books Converter to a macOS or Windows computer. Please download the Audible books playing but no sound with your existing Audible account beforehand. Then please take a look at the following user guide to download and convert Audible books to MP3 or other files locally.
- Step 1Add Audible Books to AudFree Auditor
- First, please add the downloaded audiobooks to iTunes. Then boot up AudFree Audible Converter on your computer and the iTunes app will open simultaneously. Click the first 'Add' icon to select the target Audible audiobooks from the iTunes library. You can also drag and drop Audible files to the main interface of AudFree Auditor directly.
- Step 2Set Output Format for Added Audible Audio
- Just click the first 'Audio' button at the bottom left and it will bring up a Format Setting window. Here, you can set the Audible output format and opt to convert Audible books to MP3, FLAC, AAC, or other files. Also, you can adjust channel, codec, bitrate, and more output settings for better Audible output quality without the no sound error.
- Step 3Split Audible Audiobooks or Edit ID3 Tags
- Click the Edit icon to the right of each Audible track, and you can split large audiobooks by chapters or duration. It also allows you to change ID3 tags including title, album, artist, etc. To change the pitch, speed, and volume of your Audible books, click the Effect button.
- Step 4 Convert Audible Books to Play Without No Sound Issue
- Click the bottom-right 'Convert' button to kick off the conversion. Your Audible audiobooks will be converted at 30X speed as local files in the unprotected format you selected before. After a few minutes, click the 'Converted' button to find all Audible files in the history folder. Later, you can save Audible books forever and listen to Audible offline on any devices and players without Audible no sound issue.
Part 4. In Conclusion
In brief, that's the total 11 solutions to fix Audible book not playing sound. Each method is simple enough to get your audiobooks back on track. If you are eager to avoid any Audible problems once and for all, it is recommended that you use AudFree Audible Converter to backup your favorite Audible books forever. Hope you have a great experience listening to audiobooks on Audible.