Does Spotify work on Apple Watch? Can you use Spotify on Apple Watch? These questions once could FAQs for people who would like to play Spotify on Apple Watch. But with the release of the long-awaited good news that Spotify Apple Watch app is finally here for users, they have disappeared.
Aiming to make Spotify music playback better on Apple Watch, it has taken a big step to become compatible with the Spotify app. However, is reality really as good as imagination? Not really! There are more and more users claiming that Spotify for Apple Watch app is not working.
For example: It has more or less crapped out on me. The Apple Watch app was stuck on one song no matter which song you choose to play, and would not skip to the next song. It shows the screen froze saying "Spotify Apple Watch".
Disappointed? Don't be that. In this article, we will show you how to listen to Spotify on Apple Watch vis the official way while introducing an effective workaround to make 'Spotify Apple Watch' available.
Part 1. Spotify Apple Watch App: Limited but Works
Can't wait to use Apple Watch app to play Spotify on Apple Watch? Now, you can download it from the App Store as part of Spotify version 8.4.79. With this Spotify Apple Watch app, Spotify subscribers can freely play and control music playback from the wrist, such as pausing and skiping tracks, etc. and sync Spotify music to other devices via Spotify connect.
Let's see the detailed steps below:
Step 1. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone and then check whether Spotify is installed on Apple Watch. You can see it under the heading 'Installed on Apple Watch'. If not, please navigate to 'Available Apps' to install the Spotify app.
Step 2. Hit on the 'Spotify' icon from the Home screen of the Apple Watch. Alternatively, you can launch the Spotify app on your iPhone and it will be launched on your watch at the same time.
Step 3. Now, you can start to control Spotify from Apple Watch. Just play, pause, skip forward or skip back the playing song. You can also click the 'Spotify Connection' icon to change the output audio devices from WiFi Speaker, Laptop, etc.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch Offline - Better Way
Although the Spotify Apple Watch app is now available, there are some unexpected errors. It's well-known that Apple Watch has the ability of syncing local music to this device with up to 2GB music storage. Put it another, we can upload Spotify music to Apple Watch for playback offline.
So, how to download Spotify music to Apple Watch? All we need to do is to get an excellent Spotify Music Converter that can convert Spotify to MP3 or other Apple Watch compatible audio formats losslessly.
Compared to output audio quality, conversion speed and special features among them, we highly recommend AudFree Mac Spotify Music Converter / AudFree Windows Spotify Music Converter. By adopting advance encoding and recoding technology, it can convert Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B at 5X faster speed without touching original quality while.
Plus, even if there is no 'Download' option for a free Spotify account, this smart AudFree Spotify Music Downloader enables you to download songs, playlists or albums from Spotify without upgrading to Spotify Premium. As a result, it can even make Spotify offline Apple Music possible.
The following guide is how to listen to Spotify on Apple Watch offline by converting Spotify to Apple Watch compatible formats, like MP3. Please download the trial version of Spotify Music Converter on your computer in advance.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs/playlists/albums to AudFree
- Double click to launch Spotify Music Converter on your Mac or Windows, you will see that Spotify app will be launched automatically. To import Spotify music to AudFree, you can drag and drop Spotify music to the main conversion window of AudFree or copy&paste the link of Spotify tracks to search box and click '+' button.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Apple Watch
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter can support a wide variety of audio output formats, like MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. You can define output format as MP3 that can be recogized by Apple Watch. In this step, you can also customize output audio quality by changing audio channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Apple Watch losslessly
- When all settings are ok, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface to start converting process. This smart program will convert Spotify music to MP3 or other Apple Watch supported format you set before.
- Step 4How to Get Spotify on Apple Watch
- Congratulations! You can locate unprotected Spotify music on the destination folder. Now, you can freely use Spotify on Apple Watch offline without iPhone. There is a simple step-by-step guide for your reference.
Step 1. You can use the USB cable to connect iPhone to your computer or make them under the same network. Please create a new playlist on your iPhone and transfer Spotify converted music from computer to iPhone via copying&pasting action.
Step 2. Apple Watch supports Bluetooth function, so you can pair Apple Watch with your iPhone including Spotify unprotected tracks. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and touch 'My Watch' -> 'Music' -> 'Add Music', and then you can stream Spotify playlists from iPhone to Apple Watch.
Step 3. When the sync's over, you can play Spotify music on Apple Watch offline no matter where you are, even you don't have an iPhone nearby. It's time for you to listen to music from Spotify on Apple Watch without limitation.
- Video TutorialGet Spotify on Apple Watch
Part 3. Final World
It can't be happier to play Spotify on Apple Watch with Bluetooth headphones without iPhone nearby when going for a run. However, there is still something important you should keep in mind that the new Spotify for Apple Watch offers no LTE streaming music and offline playback features. To use Spotify on Apple Watch offline, you still need to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert songs and playlists to Apple Watch device. Alternatively, you can wait for the future version to get these and more features.