I have purchased an Apple Watch Series 3 to listen to Spotify offline when doing exercise outside. To my surprise, there is no Spotify app built-in Apple Watch by default. I need to stream Spotify music to Apple Watch using iPhone, which is so inconvenient to carry a phone when working out. So, is there any alternative way to play Spotify on Apple Watch 3?
There is no doubt that Apple Watch is the nice partner that make it easier to enjoy music while you work out, since it can stream 45 million songs from Apple Music. Unfortunately, there is no soup for getting Spotify music on Apple Watch. The key reason is that music downloaded from Spotify is not only protected by DRM technology, but also encoded in special Ogg Vorbis format that can't be recognized by Apple Watch directly. To get rid of this hassle, we will show you the effective workaround to use Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone.
Part 1. Best Spotify Music Converter to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone
Although Apple Watch is not compatible with Spotify app yet, the good news is that Apple Watch has the ability of syncing local music to this device with up to 2GB music storage. Put it another, we can add downloaded Spotify music to Apple Music for playback offline. With the purpose to play Spotify music on Apple Watch, all we need to do is to get an excellent Spotify Music Converter that can remove DRM from Spotify Music and convert Spotify to MP3 or other Apple Watch compatible audio formats at the same time.
There are so many professional third-party Spotify music converters in the market. Compared to output audio quality, conversion speed and special features among them, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter, the powerful Spotify DRM removal tool. By adopting advance DRM decryption technology, it can break Spotify DRM protection without touching original quality while converting Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B at 5X faster speed. Plus, even if there is no 'Download' option for a free Spotify account, this smart AudFree Spotify Music Downloader enables you to download songs, playlists or albums from Spotify without upgrading to Spotify Premium.
View Also: How to Download Spotify with Free Account.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 for Apple Watch
In this part, we will show you the detailed guide to break DRM from Spotify music and convert Spotify to Apple Watch compatible formats, like MP3. Please download the trial version of Spotify Music Converter on your computer in advance.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs/playlists/albums to AudFree
- Double click to launch Spotify Music Converter on your Mac or Windows, you will see that Spotify app will be launched automatically. To import Spotify music to AudFree, you can drag and drop Spotify music to the main conversion window of AudFree or copy&paste the link of Spotify tracks to search box and click '+' button.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Apple Watch
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter can support a wide variety of audio output formats, like MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. You can define output format as MP3 that can be recogized by Apple Watch. In this step, you can also customize output audio quality by changing audio channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Spotify music losslessly
- When all settings are ok, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface to start converting process. This smart program will convert Spotify music to MP3 or other Apple Watch supported format you set before.
Part 3. How to Get Downloaded Spotify Music on Apple Watch
Congratulations! You can locate unprotected Spotify music on the destination folder. Now, you can freely listen to Spotify music on Apple Watch without iPhone. There is a simple step-by-step guide for your reference.
Step 1. You can use the USB cable to connect iPhone to your computer or make them under the same network. Please create a new playlist on your iPhone and transfer Spotify converted music from computer to iPhone via copying&pasting action.
Step 2. Apple Watch supports Bluetooth function, so you can pair Apple Watch with your iPhone including Spotify unprotected tracks. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and touch 'My Watch' -> 'Music' -> 'Add Music', and then you can stream Spotify playlists from iPhone to Apple Watch.
Step 3. When the sync's over, you can play Spotify music on Apple Watch offline no matter where you are, even you don't have an iPhone nearby. It's time for you to listen to music from Spotify on Apple Watch without limitation.