Q: "Can you download podcast on Spotify? I always use Spotify to listen to the latest pop music. These days I found The Daily from Spotify podcast. It feels good to listen to news when commuting. But sometimes the cellular connection is weak to play podcast online. So is there any way to listen to Spotify podcast offline? Do I have to register a Spotify Premium?"
As the top free streaming music service, Spotify generously offers millions of tracks to every user to play online. The podcast is one of the popular items in its huge music library. To listen to Spotify podcast offline, you have 2 ways to make it possible. In this article, you can get details about the process that how to download a podcast on Spotify.
Part 1. Download Podcast on Spotify Offline: Premium User
It is easy to download and listen to podcasts offline in the Spotify app when you have subscribed to the Spotify Premium plan. If you have questions about how to get it done, now just check the following steps:
Step 1. Download Spotify mobile app
Download and open the Spotify app on your mobile devices. This method is only suitable for the Spotify mobile app. Then go and browse Podcast.
Step 2. Choose and download a podcast on Spotify
Select any podcast that you would like to download from the store. Click the "…" icon that on the right of the episode. Then hit "Download". The Spotify podcast downloads can be found in "Your Library" in the Spotify app.
Step 3. Switch on offline mode in Spotify
In the Volumio WebUI page, please go to the plugin section and installed it. Then you will see volspotconnect2. Please enable it. Now you can go to the plugin settings page to modify some parameters. Now you can enjoy your favorite tracks from Spotify on Volumio.
Part 2. How to Download Podcast from Spotify Offline: Free & Premium Users
This method is universal for both free and premium users. It requires assistance from a third-party software named AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
Regarded as the top 1 in the market of converters, AudFree Spotify Podcast Converter focuses on downloading Spotify podcasts to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and other common audio formats with keeping 100% same output quality.
Besides, this smart tool allows you to keep 100% raw ID3 tags in the converted files. including artists, album, title, track numbers, etc., which help you organize the local music library in multiple ways with convenience. Or you can customize the output settings by adjusting the parameters, such as output quality, output format, bitrate, sample rate, etc.
Moreover, drawing on the latest technology of converting, this intelligent program is able to run at lightening 5X faster speed, batch converting hundreds of Spotify tracks at once loading. In this universal method, you can easily convert and download Spotify podcasts for offline playback.
Before you start to download your favorite podcast episode from Spotify, please make sure that the Spotify desktop app is not a Windows Store version. Otherwise, AudFree can't launch it automatically.
Also, here is a suggestion to solve this issue. Please use a powerful uninstaller to completely delete the relative components. Then re-download the Spotify official version on the desktop.
Now just download the AudFree Spotify Podcast Converter on your computer. You can get the free trial version that contains a 1-min conversion for each track. Or you can update it to the registered version and browse the following steps in detail.
- Step 1Add tracks/album/playlist from Spotify to AudFree
- Open AudFree Spotify Podcast Converter on your computer. The Spotify app will open automatically. Drag and drop the song or playlist to the main interface of AudFree. Then hit the '+' button next to it. Or you can copy and paste the URL of the track or playlist to the search bar in AudFree.
- Step 2Adjust the output settings of the Spotify podcast
- On the Windows machine, please go to the top of the navigation bar, and hit the menu icon to open Preferences > Convert. On Mac computer, please move your cursor to the top-left corner of the screen, and find the menu tab > AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Then click to the drop-down arrow to display and change the listed parameters of output format, bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Start to convert and download Spotify podcast
- Don't forget to save the results of the settings. Now tap the "Convert" button to run the program. Wait till the downloading process completes, and follow the on-screen red spot to access the output folder. All of the converted Spotify podcast files are saved in there.
Now you are successfully to download podcast from Spotify. These converted podcast files are playable anywhere. You can transfer them to your phone, tablet or any portable device for offline listening.