Q: I subscribed to the Tidal Premium plan so that I'm able to listen to Tidal music on my portable MP3 player when exercising. But I can't figure out the way on how to put music to MP3 player from Tidal. Is there a step-by-step tutorial?
There would be times when you'd like to download music to an MP3 player, like Tidal for playback but you couldn't complete the whole process as it couldn't recognize the Tidal files. There are some MP3 players that support tidal, but not for most of them. It could be an important reason leading to this dilemma.
In this case, today, we will introduce an effective way to download Tidal music to all MP3 players, no matter whether they have a pre-install Tidal app, or not.
Part 1. Why We Can't Download Music to MP3 Player from Tidal
Before we get started to reveal the solution to play Tidal music on an MP3 player, let's have a look at the detailed reasons why we can't do it directly.
An MP3 player is a traditional tool to play digital audio tracks. As an electronic device, it's a typical and portable media player. Although it is namely MP3 player, it is also compatible with WMA, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, Speex, and Ogg rather than MP3 only.
Tidal is a subscription-based streaming platform, which offers millions of music and music videos with lossy quality and lossless CD quality. Like other streaming music services, it features an 'Offline Mode' for users to play music offline but Tidal files downloaded from the Tidal app by clicking the 'Download' button are cache files.
After we know a little bit about the MP3 player and Tidal, everything can be explained. Although you have a Tidal subscription to download music offline for an MP3 player, all Tidal downloads couldn't be taken out from its app. If your MP3 player doesn't support Tidal, the necessary measure you need to do is to use another tool to download Tidal songs as local files, which are encoded in one of the MP3 player compatible format.
Part 2. How to Download Tidal Music for MP3 Player - Best Tool
When it comes to the program to download music from Tidal as MP3, AAC, FLAC, or other MP3 Player supported formats, AudFree Tidal Music Converter could be the best option. It abandons the traditional way of using the recording technology but makes use of more innovative technology to download music from the Tidal desktop app at 5X download speed.
As the name suggests, it's also an all-in-one audio converter for Tidal. It is also specialized in converting Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B with high quality and ID3 tags retained. No need to worry about the compatibility of downloaded Tidal files with an MP3 player. You can locate all Tidal tracks on your computer and transfer them to an MP3 player directly via the USB cable.
Part 3. How to Put Music to MP3 Player from Tidal
AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Windows and Mac needs to work with the Tidal desktop app. And it requires you to be a subscriber of the Tidal Premium or Tidal HiFi. If you'd like to put music to MP3 Player for free, it's necessary to get Tidal for free in advance. When all things are ready, let's see how to download Tidal music to an MP3 player step by step.
- Step 1Copy music in Tidal and load them to AudFree
- Click the shortcut icon of the Tidal converter, it will pop up the main interface on your computer desktop. At the same time, the Tidal app will be launched automatically, which aims to help you add Tidal music for download. You can discover and select the music that you want to play in an MP3 player in the Tidal app. Once found, open the item and click the '...' icon to choose 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal track' option, and then paste it to the Tidal converter's search box. Just hit on the '+' button to load them.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output audio settings for MP3 player
- From what we mentioned above, the MP3 player supports MP3, WMA, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, Speex, and Ogg audio format. While AudFree Tidal Music Converter supports output formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Based on this, you can define the output format as MP3, AAC, or FLAC. Which one to set finally depends on your special needs. In this step, you can also adjust other audio parameters for better listening experience on your MP3 player.
- Step 3Download Tidal Music for MP3 Player
- To activate the download process, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. AudFree Tidal to MP3 Converter will start to download and convert added music one by one and save them to the destination folder on your computer. After conversion, please hit on the 'history' > 'search' icon or the 'file' icon to find them.
- Step 4Put Tidal music to MP3 player
- Please connect your MP3 player with your computer via the USB cable. And then find the folder of your MP3 player under the 'Devices with Removable Storage' panel. Just transfer Tidal music to the MP3 player via the dragging&dropping action or the copying&pasting action. Any MP3 player could be Tidal MP3 player. And you can enjoy Tidal music on MP3 players, like iPod Shuffle, Sony Walkman, etc.
- Note: If you have paired your MP3 player with your computer before converting Tidal tracks, you can set the MP3 player folder as the target destination folder and then download music to MP3 player from Tidal directly.