Tidal finds its place among the after-sought global music streaming services offering hi-res quality music. It was launched way back in 2014 and the service has continued to receive mixed reactions and reviews from fans. There has been lots of appreciation for having been offering the best fidelity and lossless audio quality.
All the same, every service may face bugs at a given point in time and Tidal is no exception. Various complaints have thronged the air like Tidal not playing, sometimes freezing, crashing, and force closing, among other issues. If you have experienced such issues, then you are at the right place to uncover ways to fix Tidal issues.
Part 1. How to Fix Tidal Not Playing Music
Employ these tricks to help you fix Tidal not playing music.
1. Restart Your Device
Perhaps, your device just needs a revamp to wake up. Restarting it will help clear all the temporary memory and other background activities.
Step 1. First press and hold the "Power" button until the "Options" menu appears.
Step 2. Then select the "Restart" option.
Step 3. Your device will automatically restart. Check now if you can access Tidal music. If not, try the next option.
2. Reinstall Tidal App
You can uninstall and then download the latest version of the Tidal app.
Step 1. Click and hold the icon until you see a selection of choices.
Step 2. Then select the "Uninstall" option.
Step 3. Click on the "OK" button to confirm uninstalling Tidal from your device.
Step 4. Next, search for the "Tidal" app on the "Play Store" for Android or the "App Store" for iPhone.
Step 5. Finally, hit the "Install" button to re-install Tidal on your phone.
3. Clear Tidal Cache
Your device has a temporary memory where it stores data such as music. When this data becomes large, then issues like phone freezing or Tidal music not playing is paramount.
Step 1. To clear cache, locate the "Tidal" icon on your device.
Step 2. Then click and hold the "Tidal" icon.
Step 3. Next, select the "App" info > "Storage".
Step 4. Finally, click on the "Clear Cache".
4. Update Tidal App
Music not playing on Tidal app could be a result of an outdated Tidal app. Update your app to try and solve the problem.
Step 1. Open Tidal app and select the Settings button.
Step 2. Then scroll down and check the version of Tidal whether is the latest one.
Step 3. If not, go to the App Store and click "Update" to download the Tidal app.
Step 4. Finally, install and check whether the Tidal not playing problem is now fixed.
5. Check Your Internet Connectivity
Poor internet connection may also fail you when it comes to streaming Tidal music. You can switch your internet between mobile data and Wi-Fi to confirm its stability.
Step 1. Open your "Settings" app and click on the "Network & Internet" option.
Step 2. Turn the Wi-Fi data off and keep the mobile data "ON". Check whether there is a difference.
Step 3. If not, then turn the mobile data "OFF" and the Wi-Fi "ON". Try to play Tidal if it's now working.
Part 2. No Sound Is Playing on Tidal - How to Solve
You could also realize that the Tidal streaming service is working correctly but your music is not producing any sound. Try these fixes!
Select the Correct Sound Output
Step 1. On your phone, just swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen. This should open the "Control Center" section.
Step 2. Then go to the upper-right corner of the screen, touch, and hold on to the "Audio Card" option. Check out the list of devices that you can connect to.
Step 3. Switch between the available options to determine which one works best. These include the headphone, speakers, or accessories to use.
Check that Your Device Volume Is Up
You won't hear any sound on your phone if the volume level is low. Here's how to turn it up.
Step 1. First, press the "Volume" button.
Step 2. Tap on the "Menu" tab and hit the "Settings" > "Sound" option.
Step 3. Locate the "Media" bar and slide the volume level from low to high.
Are Your Sound Drivers Up-to-date?
Experiencing music from Tidal not playing issue may also result from the sound drivers. Follow these steps to update your sound card drivers on your PC.
Step 1. Go to the "Search box" on the taskbar and enter the search phrase, "Device Manager".
Step 2. Check out the names of devices from the Device Manager section.
Step 3. Choose the "Sound" option. Next, right-click your sound card and go to the "Properties" option.
Step 4. Navigate to the "Driver" tab and select the "Update Driver" button, then hit the "OK" button. You just updated the sound driver. Hopefully, you get Tidal sound now.
Part 3. Ultimate Way to Play Tidal Music Normally
If you haven't succeeded in solving the Tidal not playing songs issue with the above options, then you need a better approach. AudFree Tidal Music Converter works fluently to download and convert your Tidal songs to common formats. Use it to download songs from Tidal Free and HiFi service and convert them to output formats like FLAC, AAC, Lossless, MP3, etc.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter will manage the download and conversion of your music at a high speed of X5 rate. You can easily download albums, playlists, among others while keeping the metadata information and ID3 tags. And if you want to personalize the output audio parameters, worry less. Just customize the audio channel, sample rate, bit rate, and many more for quality audio.
Key Features of AudFree Tidal Music Converter
Easy Steps to Download Tidal Music and Fix Tidal Not Playing Issues
AudFree Tidable has innovative music converting ability to download Tidal HiFi music without the official app.
- Step 1Download, install and register AudFree Tidable
- This app supports both Windows and Mac devices. Go to the official site and click the "Download" button, then install the free version. AudFree is developed with an inbuilt Tidal Web Player. So, once you launch it, click on the "Log in" tab to access your account. Go ahead to register for the app. Click on the "Menu" tab > "Register" option. Then key in your registered name and code to activate the app.
- Please note that the trial version will only convert one-third of your music.It is, therefore, better to update by registering the app to full mode to unlock the limitation.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output format and settings
- Change the settings to your preferences. Click on the "Menu" > "Preferences" options to open the settings window. Click the "Advanced" section and start to define the output format you wish. Also, customize the audio parameters like audio codec, sample rate, channel, etc. AudFree Tidable lets you organize your songs by albums or artist. Click the "Archive output tracks by" option to organize your music.
- Step 3Add Tidal music to AudFree Tidable
- Now, hit the "OK" tab to confirm your setting entries. Then search for the Tidal music that you wish to download and convert. Open the track and you'll notice the blue "+" icon on the bottom right. Click on the icon to add your music to AudFree Tidable and begin the conversion process.
- Note that you can't load a single song and you'll require to create a new playlist to add songs from different albums or playlists.
- Step 4Download and convert Tidal music
- Finally, hit the "Convert" tab to start the downloading process. The app will quickly convert your Tidal music to common output formats according to your set preferences. You can also add more playlists from AudFree Tidable's main interface during the conversion process.
- When completed, locate the converted Tidal music in the "Converted" folder. Just choose the "Open file location" icon to get quick access to the destination folder on your computer. You can also double-click on the music track to preview it. Now you have keep Tidal music forever and the issue will not happen. Freely play Tidal music normally offline on any device or media player.
Part 4. Conclusion
Tidal has got all it takes for quality music. So, it's a big drawback when you can't stream Tidal on your device or when there are sound problems. This article just solved Tidal not playing master problem on your device. If the above fixes don't solve the issue, then the best app will. Use the AudFree Tidal Music Converter - Tidable to quickly convert your music in high and lossless quality and enjoy your music offline.