Roku TV is one of the leading and most advanced TV Streaming service available in the industry. It is well-known for easy operation and powerful Roku search feature, which makes it user-friendly and the first choice of millions of people. It truly takes your home one step closer to being a smart home by turning simple TVs into smart TVs.
In June 2018, Roku TV got a real huge update that introduced Amazon Music on Roku TV. After you download the Amazon Music app from Roku Store, Amazon Music subscribers can easily sign in to the Amazon Music account on Roku TV to listen to Amazon Music.
Now the question arises that what if you don't have an Amazon Music subscription? Can you still listen to these songs? Or when you have canceled the subscription but still want to enjoy Amazon Music on Roku, what to do? In these cases, check out this post to learn 3 methods to listen to Amazon Music on Roku with or without subscription.
Part 1. How to Use Amazon Music Roku App
As said in prepared remarks, the fire-new Roku channel has introduced Amazon Music service to Roku TV, which makes it more direct for users to stream Amazon Music on Roku. Note, however, that the convenient service requires Amazon Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited subscription. In case you have Amazon Music Prime or Unlimited account, you can follow the step-by-step procedure to install Aamzon Music Roku app for music playback on Roku TV without much effort.
Step 1. To begin with, plug Roku to TV and open it;
Step 2. On the home screen of Roku TV, go to "Streaming Channels" > "Search Channels" > type "Amazon Music" to search;
Step 3. From the list of search result, choose the Amazon Music app to open its page and then touch "Add channel" option to add Amazon Music app on Roku TV;
Step 4. Next, visit amazon.com/code on a computer or a smartphone and log in to your Amazon Prime or Unlimited account;
Step 5. After login, a code will appear on the screen. Copy the code and enter it onto the Amazon Music Roku app;
Step 6. Once done, your Amazon Music library and personalized recommendations will be automatically synced and be available on Amazon Music Roku app.
Step 7. Now, you are able to listen to Amazon Music on Roku without problem.
Part 2. How to Cast Amazon Music to Roku without Premium
The above method - Roku Amazon Music app is only brought to Amazon Music Prime and Unlimited subscribers. Free Amazon Music users have no right to enjoy this helpful convenience. Even then, don't despair. An easy yet effective tool - AudFree Amazon Music Downloader is suggested here to do a favor.
Cooperating with all Amazon Music plans, AudFree Amazon Music Converter can be used to download music from Amazon with lossless quality whether or not you are a premium subscriber. It runs at 5X awesome speed, aiming at converting Amazon Music to usual audio formats like MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC, AAC, etc. with the donation of a little time.
Other than loss-free download and fast-speed conversion technologies, AudFree Amazon Music software is doing brilliantly in the output. Using it, you not only have the allowance to set output format with flexibility but also customize output parameters including bit rate, sample rate, etc. to your needs. Amazon Music songs downloaded with AudFree can be locally saved forever and used offline on Roku TV or any other devices.
- Step 1Access Amazon account in AudFree
- The first step, of course, is to download and install AudFree Amazon Music Converter on computer. Upon completion of installation, double-click it to run it. At the top right corner of the main interface, there locates a "Sign In" option. Click it to log into your Amazon account.
- Step 2Specify output format for Roku
- Whereafter, drag mouse to the "Menu" option (a three-line icon) on the top right and click to choose "Preferences" from the pull-down list. Next, please open "Advanced" panel to set output format, customize output parameters based on Roku system, change output path, etc. After setup, click "OK" to save your personal settings.
- Step 3Upload Amazon Music to AudFree
Before loading Amazon Music, it is important to notice that AudFree Amazon Music Converter only accepts Amazon Music playlist and album. If you need to convert Amazon Music tracks with AudFree, please add all your favorite tracks into a new playlist and open the playlist to upload by hitting on a "+" icon.
Or, you can directly search playlist in Amazon Music library and select the one you like to import in the same way. After that, you are allowed to freely pick up what you want to convert as shown above.
- Step 4Download Amazon Music for Roku
- Now, you just tap on "Convert" to enable the conversion prcess. AudFree Amazon Music Converter will convert and download Amazon Music to your local computer at 5X faster speed. Once downloaded, hit on a "Converted" button marked by a red number to view the converted Amazon Music tracks. There is a search icon of "Open file location" on every music track. Click the icon to find downloaded Amazon Music songs on your computer.
- Step 5Play Amazon Music on Roku
- To stream Amazon Music on Roku TV, plug a USB stick to your computer and transfer the converted Amazon Music to USB. After that, plug that USB stick into your smart TV and open the Roku Media Player and click the "Audio" button to access the files. Choose the USB device from the menu and then locate Amazon Music files on Roku and start playing your desired music offline on Roku TV.
Part 3. How to Get Amazon Music on Roku TV
AudFree Audio Capture is another professional and easy-to-use tool for Amazon Music downloading available on Windows and Mac. It is an expert in capturing and editing any sound playing in the background on computer with 100% quality retained. There is only a hand full of tools that can perform all those functions, and AudFree Audio Recorder is one of them. It can record sound from almost all the applications, including Amazon Music.
By adopting advanced and innovative audio recording technology, this smart music capture program is able to capture Amazon Music from the app as well as the web browser. It can be used to capture Amazon Prime Music, Amazon Unlimited and HD music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. and that makes it a truly remarkable and intelligent tool that is available on the Internet. After that, users are free to keep Amazon Music forever even after the subscription expires and play Amazon Music on any Roku device.
The following is a complete guide on how to transfer Amazon Music on Roku TV.
Before starting, make sure that you have AudFree Amazon Music Downloader is installed on your computer in advance. Be noted that AudFree Amazon Music Downloade offers a free trial version for both Mac and Windows users to test the features before unlocking the full version. Now we can start capturing music from Amazon Music.
- Step 1Add Amazon Music app to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Software, and it will take you to the main interface in which supported programs that are already available on your computer will appear automatically. Now check the Amazon Music app, or the browser that you will use to enter Amazon Music web player is already in the list. If not, then simply click on the plus button and then lookup for the program manually.
- Step 2Set output parameters for Roku
- Before you start downloading, you can select the audio format for Amazon Music. Roku TV supports audio files in AAC , MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, etc., so you can select one output format listed here. And many other formats in the setting that you can open by clicking on the audio icon. You also customize the bit rate, sample rate, and audio codec.
- Step 3Capture Amazon Music tracks
Now you select the program or the web browser that you use to listen to music from Amazon Music. After you have done opening Amazon Music on the desired program, now, you can start the desired music that you want to download.
Once you start the music on Amazon Prime, a recording window will appear on the screen. You can now start downloading Amazon Music, and the AudFree divides the sound into independent music automatically even if you play all songs in a playlist non-stop.
- Step 4Stream Amazon Music on Roku TV
To finish the downloading process, there are two different ways.
1) Just quit the web browser or the Amazon Music application.
2) Stop playing Prime Music songs and click the save button to save the downloaded music files to local.
Now, transfer local Amazon Music files to your USB drive and plug the USB to Roku TV for music playback on Roku.
Extra Tips: Troubleshoot Amazon Music Not Working on Roku
Roku introducing Amazon Music Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited services greatly facilitate the listening of Amazon Music on Roku TV. Barring accidents, Roku Amazon Music app will go well. But there are times when you inevitably encounter problems, such as Amazon Music app not working on Roku. Faced with such a kind of problem, the following is a list of troubleshooting solutions.
1. Check Internet Connection. Make sure your Roku TV is connected to a good Wi-Fi network. If the occasion should arise, try disconneting Roku from network and then re-connect.
2. Check Amazon Music Account. It is should be noted that only with Amazon Prime account or Amazon Music Unlimited account can you use Amazon Music Roku app without hassle. So, when Amazon Music app fail to work well on Roku, check if you have logged in with the required Amazon Music account. If not, log out and re-log in.
3. Update Amazon Music App. Out-of-date version of Amazon Music app can also generate the Amazon Music Roku not working problem. Simply checking for Amazon Music update helps a lot in this case.
4. Reboot Roku TV. Restarting Roku is an efficient solution to fix errors and bugs that result in the issue of Amazon Music not working on Roku.
So here, in this article, we have discussed the official method on how to use Amazon Music Roku app for music listening on Roku TV. Besides, 2 professional ways to download and stream Amazon Music on Roku TV are also introduced. Amazon Prime or Unlimited users can flexibly choose either of ways to achieve the playback of Aamzon Music on Roku TV.
For those with Amazon Music Free account, it is highly recommended to use AudFree Amazon Music Converter to download songs from Amazon to USB, and then plug USB into Roku TV to enjoy Amazon Music offline. If you are new to it, you can have a shot with its trial version.