Spotify is the indisputable king in music service, which revolutionizes the way people enjoy songs. With the Spotify desktop client, mobile app, or web player, it has never been easier to stream music. How about downloading Spotify playlist to MP3?
The best and easy way of downloading Spotify playlists is to upgrade to Spotify Premium. Spotify provides a direct 'Download' button at the Spotify app to realize it. But things could be different when it comes to downloading a Spotify playlist to MP3.
With a Spotify paid plan, you can only download Spotify as cache files, which are encoded in Ogg Vorbis files. And Spotify doesn't support an option to export playlists to MP3.
In this case, you need to look for extra methods to download and convert Spotify playlist to MP3. In this article, we are going to introduce 3 workarounds for this topic for your reference.
Part 1. Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 - Easiest Way
The easiest way to download Spotify playlist to MP3 is by getting help from a third-party tool. To let Spotify playback better, there are many software providers who have created powerful programs.
AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader is an excellent tool to explore music better. It's an excellent and innovative tool for both Spotify free and premium users. It can download entire Spotify playlist to MP3 at a 5X conversion speed in batch. Apart from MP3, it also supports converting Spotify to FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B, and AAC. It can 100% lossless ID3 tags and lossless quality in the Spotify MP3 downloads.
How to Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 for Free
AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. To show the complete tutorial, here we will take the Windows version as an example. For Mac users, you can follow How to Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 on Mac to get a step-by-step guide.
- Step 1Copy and paste the Spotify link to AudFree
- Install this Spotify link downloader on your PC and launch it by clicking the shortcut icon of this tool. Please make sure you have downloaded the official Spotify desktop app first. You will see Spotify app will be opened automatically.
- There are two ways to add Spotify playlists to this software. One is to drag and drop songs in a Spotify playlist to AudFree's main interface. The other is to copy and paste the Spotify playlist link in the search box of AudFree. If you have lots of songs, it could be simpler by using the second way.
- Step 2Define Spotify playlist output format as MP3
- Open the setting window of AudFree by tapping the top hamburger menu bar > 'Preferences'. Please go to the 'Convert' section. And then, you can choose the 'Output Format' button to scroll down the button to choose 'MP3' as the output format. Besides, you can also choose 'Channel', ' Sample Rate', or 'Bit Rate' to customize other audio parameters. Don't forget the check the mark after the 'Archive output tracks by' option. It will export Spotify playlists by album or artist.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlist to MP3
- When all settings are done, the next step is to touch the big 'Convert' button. It is at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader will download and convert a Spotify playlist to MP3. In general, it will work at a 5X faster speed. If you'd like to make the conversion stable, you can also set the conversion speed as 1X. After conversion, you can locate Spotify MP3 playlist downloads by clicking the 'history' icon.
- Video DemoConvert Spotify playlist to MP3 for Free
Note: Because this tool is available for free Spotify users, you don't need to upgrade to Spotify Premium. But this tool is not a free one, you should purchase it to get the full version.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 Online
The above way needs users to install extra software on your computer. Thus, in this section, we will introduce an online method. Spotify Deezer Music Downloader is a Google Chrome extension. It doesn't require installing it but add it to the extension bar.
It's also a Spotify to MP3 converter for free, which works for both free and premium subscribers. Instead of downloading Spotify playlists from the Spotify app, it has the ability to download Spotify playlist to MP3 from the Web Player.
Once if you have added it to the chrome browser, it will show up a 'Download' button for each song in the Spotify Web Player. It can keep all ID3 tags for converted songs and support a wide variety of language of the user interface.
How to Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3 Online
Step 1. Search for Spotify Deezer Music Downloader on Google and then click the 'Add to Chrome' button to add it.
Step 2. Click this tool from the extension bar, you will see the Spotify Web Player will pop up. Log in to your account details.
Step 3. Discover the playlist that you'd like to download, and then press the 'Download' option. It will convert Spotify playlist to MP3 online.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 on Android
Nowadays, mobile phones have become more and more popular. Almost everyone has a smartphone. Compared with using a computer, mobile devices can be more convenient to listen to Spotify playlists. In this case, there are still many users looking for a solution for Android and iOS. Here, you will meet a workaround on how to download Spotify playlist to MP3 on Android.
Fildo is a powerful tool to convert Spotify playlist to MP3 on Android phones. It's easy to operate and keeps 320 kbps music quality for converted playlists. Let's see how it works.
Step 1. Download the Fildo APK files from its website on your Android phone. Launch it and create your unique account.
Step 2. Click the 'More' button under your account page and choose the 'Import Spotify'. You will need to sign in to your Spotify account.
Step 3. After that, your songs will be loaded in the Fildo app. Tap the 'three-dot' > 'Download' tab to download playlist from Spotify to MP3.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Renowned worldwide for free and premium tiers, Spotify is one of the most popular music services. With Spotify Premium, users have the privilege of listening to Spotify playlists offline. And it's able to be not disturbed by ads, and enjoy unlimited skips of music playback. As for Spotify Free users, they can access and play Spotify music and playlists online.
But both allow you to access Spotify songs on selected devices bundled with the Spotify app. To unlock the limitations, the best way is to download Spotify playlist to MP3 via the above 3 ways.
Besides, converting a Spotify playlist to MP3 also comes with some advantages. You can transfer a Spotify playlist to a USB drive for backup. You can burn Spotify playlists to a CD. You can use Spotify playlists as you like.