Does Tidal work on iPhone? Yes, the Tidal app is widely compatible with almost all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and more. You get free access to millions of tracks on Tidal. If you subscribe to Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus, you even get Tidal HiFi/Master quality music. Plus, you can download Tidal songs for offline playback. Ready to enjoy Tidal music on iPhone? This article covers everything you want to know about Tidal on iOS.
Part 1. How to Listen to Tidal on iPhone Online
The Tidal iOS app is intuitive and easy to use. You can install the Tidal iOS app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV from the App Store. Then sign up or log in to your Tidal account. Then you have free access to over 100 million songs on Tidal. But you will be interrupted by some annoying ads.
To listen to ad-free music and enjoy offline playback, you need a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription. Alternatively, you can navigate to Part 3 to play ad-free Tidal music offline without HiFi/HiFi Plus.
Below we will take Tidal Masters as an example to show you how to listen to Tidal music online on the Tidal iPhone app.
Step 1. Open App Store and search for 'Tidal' to install the Tidal app for iPhone.
Step 2. Open the Tidal iPhone app and log in to your account or sign up for free with Tidal's 30-day free trial.
Step 3. Go to 'Home' and then scroll down to find 'Master Quality Authenticated Albums' or 'Master Quality Authenticated Playlists'.
Step 4. Tap on 'View all' and you can start listening to a Master quality track.
You can also go to the 'Settings' section and then select 'Streaming' > 'Master' to get the best quality.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal on iPhone Offline - For HiFi/HiFi Plus Users
Wondering how to download Tidal songs and then enjoy offline mode on iOS devices? Remember that you need to have a HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription. Then you can follow the tips to listen to Tidal songs via offline mode.
Step 1. Launch Tidal and tap on 'My Collection' or 'Search' to find the playlist or album you want to download.
Step 2. Enable the 'Download' option to start downloading Tidal music to your iPhone.
Step 3. After downloading, go to 'My Collection' > 'Settings' and then turn on 'Offline mode'.
Step 4. Then you can listen to the downloaded Tidal songs on 'My Collection' > 'Downloaded'.
Part 3. How to Listen to Tidal on iPhone Offline - For All Tidal Users
Here we want to show you a way to play Tidal on iOS devices offline without a Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus subscription. The tool you need is AudFree Tidal Music Converter, which allows you to download music from Tidal Free/HiFi/HiFi Plus losslessly.
You can also use it to convert Tidal music to popular audio formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4B, M4A and WAV. After format conversion, you can freely move the downloaded Tidal music files to play on other devices.
Moreover, AudFree Tidal Music Downloader enables you to get lossless Tidal tracks with ID3 tags preserved. You can also customize the output parameters and get converted Tidal files in no time because it works 5 times faster.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Download music from Tidal Free, HiFi, and HiFi Plus
- Maintain lossless HiFi/MQA sound quality with ID3 tags kept
- Convert Tidal tracks at 5X faster speed, customize output parameters
- Get Tidal on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, MP3 players, etc.
Please download and install AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer first. Then let us start the process of getting Tidal on iPhone offline without Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus.
- Step 1Add Tidal Tracks to AudFree
Open the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer. Obviously, the Tidal app will be launched at the same time. Please select the songs from Tidal for the conversion. Then copy their links and paste them to the search bar on the AudFree interface. Hit the button "+" to add the songs to the window. Or you can simply drag and drop tracks from the Tidal app to this software's main interface.
- Step 2Reset Format of Tidal Songs for iPhone
- The AudFree Tidal Music Converter inspires you to choose the output format for your iPhone's listening. How can you do that? Click the "three lines" icon > "Preference" > "Convert". And six format options are there for you. Additionally, other parameters including the codec, channel, bit rate and sample rate can be reset. When you done the settings, click on "OK".
- Step 3Download Tidal Music to Computer
- Press on the button "Convert" to start downloading Tidal music without HiFi/HiFi Plus. The uploaded Tidal songs will be downloaded on your computer in batches. The title, genre, group, composer, album cover and other data of Tidal music will all be kept during the process. When the conversion is done, you can locate the local Tidal files in the "Converted" list.
- Step 4Move Tidal Offline Songs to iPhone
- Connect your Windows computer to your iPhone with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your PC and then click on 'Files' > 'Add File to Library' or 'Add Folder to Library'.
- Then select the folder that contains your converted Tidal music files. Hit 'Open' to add it to your iTunes library.
- Now hit the 'device' icon at the upper-left corner. Then select 'Music' > 'Entire Music library'. Click on the 'Sync' button to start transferring Tidal music files to your iPhone.
- Now, you can open the iTunes app on your iPhone and start playing Tidal music on iPhone offline.
- Connect your Mac to your iPhone with a USB cable.
- Launch Finder and click on your iPhone name.
- Choose the 'Music' tab at the top and then tick the option of 'Sync music onto your iPhone'.
- Select 'Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists' to choose your converted Tidal music files.
- Click on the 'Apply' button to start syncing Tidal music from your computer to your iPhone.
- After that, you can listen to Tidal on iPhone offline through a local music player.
To add the converted Tidal tracks to iPhone, you need to use iTunes for Windows or Finder for Mac. Please do the operation below that we made for you.
For iTunes on Windows:
For Finder on Mac:
Part 4. More Tips about Tidal iPhone/iOS
Q1: How Can I Get the Tidal iOS App Download?
A: The Tidal app for iOS is only available on the App Store. So, you need to open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch to install it.
Q2: Is There Tidal Master Quality on iPhone?
A: Yes. Now you can enjoy Tidal's MQA music on all its apps including iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. Once there is a box with an M inside, you can listen to this track in Master quality. You can navigate to Part 1 to listen to Tidal Master's music.
Q3: Can I Listen to Tidal Music Offline for Free on My iPhone?
A: Yes, you can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download music from Tidal for free without Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus. Once downloaded, you can easily play Tidal music offline on your iPhone or other devices. You can listen to all your favorite Tidal songs even if you cancel your Tidal subscription.
Q4: Why Is Tidal Not Working on iPhone?
A: Follow the steps below to fix the problem of Tidal not working.
1. Force stop the Tidal app and then restart your iPhone.
2. Check if there is an Internet connection issue.
3. Go to Tidal's official Twitter to see if it's the server issue.
4. Update the Tidal app to the latest version.