Can you get Tidal stream on Xbox One or Xbox Series X? Game lovers tend to play music while gaming on Xbox, but unexpectedly there is no popular Tidal Music in the entertainment menu of Xbox. In this case, you can't use Tidal music on Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One directly without the official Tidal Xbox app.
However, people have been expecting the Xbox Tidal integration. So is there any other way to make it? This is what we will describe in this article, among which a special tool along with its detailed guide to help you play Tidal on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S will be included.
Part 1. Is Tidal on Xbox
Since there is no Tidal Xbox app here, the answer should be rather obvious, you will hardly be able to install the Tidal app on Xbox One or Series X/S and get Tidal music on Xbox One through an official way. Generally speaking, Tidal music is encoded in special formats, and even if you download Tidal MAQ or HiFi music even Tidal Dolby Atmos through Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription, you have no right to transfer and play Tidal on non-supported devices, including Xbox.
Part 2. How to Make Tidal Xbox Work Together - Tool Required
From what we have discussed above, all Xbox devices such as Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S are not able to recognize the format of Tidal content. Thus, you desperately need a third-party tool to solve this problem, and AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is probably the best choice. As a pioneer of Tidal Music Converter, it focuses on converting Tidal Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other common formats that Xbox and other devices support.
What's more, it can download Tidal tracks as permanent local audio files WITHOUT PREMIUM and retain 100% original quality. In this way, you can easily transfer Tidal music to Xbox via a USB drive, because Xbox One supports uploading local music from a USB flash drive. With the help of this powerful tool, you can enjoy Tidal Music on Xbox One as background game sounds to make Xbox Tidal 100% integrated.
With cutting-edge technology, the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader has the power to batch convert more than 100 songs in a playlist at once, downloading Tidal streams at extremely fast speeds (up to 5X faster). In addition to downloading Tidal songs, it can also download podcasts, albums, playlists, audiobooks, and radio. Also, the output Tidal tracks come with full metadata such as artist, album, title cover art, and other ID3 tags. Then you can organize your Tidal music downloads according to your needs, which is very convenient.
Part 3. How to Get Music from Tidal on Xbox
Now, let's see how to convert and download Tidal for Xbox. Please install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on computers in advance, which is safe and legal to use for individuals.
How to Convert Tidal for Xbox
- Step 1Import Tidal Songs and Playlists to AudFree Tidable
- Make sure you have installed the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader and the Tidal app from the official website on your computer desktop. Launch the downloader and the Tidal app will be opened automatically. After that, please find your favorite tracks or playlists on the Tidal app. Next, click on 'Share' > 'Copy Link' and paste the URL into the search bar on the converter's main screen. Then simply press the '+' button to finish loading the song. Alternatively, here is an easier approach: Drag the single track from Tidal and drop it to AudFree Tidable.
- Step 2Define Output Parameters for Xbox Tidal Compatibility
- Find the 'Menu' icon in the top right corner of the main page and click on 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. Later, it will bring up a new settings window where you can reset the output quality of Tidal by changing the format, sample rate, bit depth, channels, etc. Since Xbox supports MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV. Therefore, providing that you want to get better quality, we suggested selecting the 'Format' as lossless FLAC and WAV, 'Sample Rate' as 192 kHz and 'Bit Depth' as 24-bit/32-bit. Beyond that, you can also reset the 'Channel' as 'Stereo', then you can enjoy the spatial Tidal Dolby Atmos audio on Xbox.
- Step 3 Download Tidal Music for Xbox One and Series
- Now, click on the obvious 'Convert' bar in the bottom right corner of the main page. The program will run at 5X speed to download the tracks to the output format you set before. When the conversion is finished, a red dot showing the number of songs will be prompted on the 'Converted' icon. Please press it to locate the destination folder where all converted Tidal streams are stored. After that, you'll be able to stream Tidal to Xbox One without the Tidal for Xbox app.
Part 4. How to Play Tidal on Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One
That's all you need to do, very easy, right? Before the Tidal Xbox app arrives, you can make good use of the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader to play Tidal Music while playing games on Xbox One. By the way, you can also stream Tidal on Xbox Series X without any restrictions. Let's start playing games on Xbox One with the Tidal soundtrack.
Play Tidal Music on Xbox One & Series S/X Via USB
Since Xbox Series and Xbox One products are capable of playing local audio files from your USB drive or any portable media player such as iPod, here, we will show you how to use Tidal on Xbox Series X as background music.
Step 1. Please connect your USB to your computer.
Step 2. Create a music folder in your USB and name it 'Tidal Music', this will help you to find it more easily.
Step 2. Add the Tidal Music file to USB and then plug it into your Xbox Series X from your computer.
Note: The maximum number of input songs is 200, and it is not available if you save as many tracks from the drive to Xbox One.
Step 4. Now you can select the media player in Xbox Series X to browse and play the Tidal soundtrack on the USB drive. Thus, Tidal Xbox Series X integration becomes a perfect reality.
Stream Tidal to Xbox Via Web Player
In fact, you can access the Tidal Web Player on Xbox through Microsoft Edge. Please refer to the following steps:
Step 1. Launch the Xbox One and select 'Xbox' from the Xbox controller.
Step 2. From the main page, choose 'Microsoft Edge'
Step 3. Navigate to the Tidal Music Web Player and log in to your Tidal account.
Afterward, you can play your liked songs from Tidal on the Xbox device.
Make Xbox Tidal Integration Via Plex
Since Plex supports both Xbox and Tidal, it is feasible to stream Tidal on Xbox via Plex. Here are detailed steps:
Step 1. Navigate to the Plex Accounts page and log into your Plex account.
Step 2. From the left panel, click on 'Music'. Then you can see your Tidal library if you have authorized Tidal to Plex. Then add Tidal music to Plex.
Step 3. Then open the Plex player on your Xbox device and log in to your Plex account.
Later, you are allowed to access all Tidal content from the Plex player on Xbox.
Note: To access Tidal on Plex, you need a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account.
Make Tidal Stream on Xbox Via DLNA
Through Media Player, it is feasible to access the content from the DLNA server since it has lots of applications that can be regarded as DLNA servers to play Tidal music on Xbox. Thus, you can get help from DLNA servers to play Tidal on Xbox from your phone as long as you connect the Xbox One and phone to the same network. Look at the instruction below:
Step 1. On your mobile, set up the DLNA server.
Step 2. Next, on Xbox, go to the Media Player and choose DLNA server.
Step 3. Go back to your phone, and play Tidal music. The music will come out from your Xbox device.
Part 5. More FAQs about Xbox Tidal
Q1: With Tidal, can you play music on Xbox while playing a game?
Yes. Xbox empowers you to play music from Tidal and music services when you are gaming or using any apps.
Q2: What platforms can you stream Tidal on such as Xbox?
Tidal is available on multiple devices such as PlayStation 5/4, Apple TV, Fire TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku TV, CarPlay, etc.
Q3: How to fix Tidal unofficial on Xbox One not working
Since Tidal does not integrate with Xbox now, an unofficial Tidap app will be detected by Tidal and be forbidden. To solve such a problem, you can adopt the above-mentioned ways such as AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, which helps download Tidal as local files and transfer them to Xbox without any issue.
Part 6. Final Verdict
We have taken you through how to download Tidal for Xbox and how to play Tidal music on Xbox in 4 ways. Generally speaking, AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the best shot to make Tidal Xbox integration. Because it serves to download all Tidal content as local files without Tidal subscriptions and allows you to play Tidal music on multiple devices including Xbox at any time.