When it comes to listening to high-quality audio tracks, the first streaming music service coming up to our mind must be Tidal. With Tidal Premium subscription, you can listen to 'high quality' songs at AAC 320 kbps, while updating to Tidal HiFi plan, the lossless High Fidelity music encoded in 1,411 kbps FLAC format is available to access to a lossless CD-quality content.
But it's a pity to note that you can only listen to lossless Tidal content on selected devices with Tidal app. Because Tidal tracks are protected by DRM technology, just like other popular streaming music services, such as Spotify, Apple Music, etc. So, is there any way to convert Tidal music to FLAC without DRM protection aiming to play high-quality Tidal music anywhere as you like?
Fortunately, the answer could be positive. Here is an excellent Tidal FLAC downloading tool that enables you to save Tidal music as FLAC lossless music while breaking DRM lock and keeping all ID3 tags and metadata no matter you are using a Tidal HiFi or Premium account.
Part 1. Best Tidal FLAC Downloader to Convert Tidal to FLAC
From what we mentioned above, all of us know that Tidal music files are encrypted by DRM technology. Because of this, there is no soup for common FLAC converter to download and convert Tidal music to FLAC files. To do this, we should have a powerful Tidal DRM removal tool to bypass the limitations.
Here, we can meet AudFree AudFree Tidal to FLAC Converter, which is well-designed for both Tidal HiFi and Premium subscribers to get rid of DRM restriction. Moreover, as an all-in-one Tidal music converter, this smart software can also download Tidal music to FLAC without touching the original audio files and kept all ID3 tags, like year, title, art cover, etc.
By adopting innovative decryption technology, AudFree Tidal Music Converter runs at 5X faster speed to downloading Tidal AAC and FLAC songs to unprotected FLAC files. With the assistance of this tool, you can play Tidal music on portable MP3 players, game consoles, smartphones, smart speakers, etc. without having to install Tidal app.
Tips: Apart from using the above unique Tidal music converter to convert protected Tidal songs and playlists to FLAC, you can also the traditional ripping and recording way to get Tidal FLAC files. As for the detailed tutorial, you can refer to the second method in the page of how to rip FLAC from Tidal.
Part 2. Tutorial: How to Convert and Save FLAC from Tidal
Let's download and install AudFree Tidal to FLAC Converter on your Mac or Windows computer to get ready. And then you can refer to the following detailed tutorial to download and save FLAC from Tidal for playing them on all devices and players without problem. But please make sure the device or media player can support FLAC format well. Besides, you need to purchase the full version of this Tidal music converter to unlock the one-minute time conversion limitation once and for all.
- Step 1Drag and paste Tidal music and playlists to AudFree
- AudFree Tidal Music Converter allows you an easy way to load Tidal music and playlists to it. You just need to discover the songs that you'd like to convert to FLAC in Tidal app, which is opening with AudFree software. And then please copy and paste the URL of Tidal tracks and click the '+' button to load Tidal files automatically.
- Step 2Set Tidal output format as FLAC
- To download Tidal music to FLAC, you need to define the output format as FLAC by clicking the top menu bar to select the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to launch the setting window. And then you can choose FLAC as output format and customize other audio files. If you are using Tidal Premium, you'd better to set the Bit Depth as 16 bit, while subscribing Tidal HiFi, you can set it as 24 bit to keep original audio files.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal to lossless FLAC
- The last step is to click the big 'Convert' button to launch the converting process. AudFree Tidal Music Converter will start to remove DRM from added Tidal songs and convert them to common FLAC audio files without loss of any quality. You can locate all FLAC Tidal files by hitting on the 'file' or 'history' icon directly.
Part 3. Tidal FLAC vs AAC vs MP3
FLAC is short for Free Lossless Audio Codec, which is similar to MP3 but a lossless format. Tidal HiFi comes with FLAC format at 44.1 kHz/16 bit. Tidal FLAC streams are CD-quality lossless tracks, which are the improved audio tracks over MP3 and AAC files. But if you'd like to enjoy High-res audio quality, Tidal MQA is your choice.
AAC stands for Advanced Audio Coding, which is an audio coding standard for lossy digital audio compression. AAC is the successor of MP3 but the audio quality is better than MP3 when encoding the same bit rate. The 'high quality' tracks in Tidal Premium covers 320 kbps AAC format.
In short, no matter your Tidal tracks are encoded in FLAC or AAC format, you can follow the below way to get unprotected Tidal FLAC files for playback without any lock.