Nowadays, reading e-books and audiobooks on Kindle is becoming increasingly popular, which brings a comfortable reading experience. If you are interested in audiobooks, you may have heard of Audible, the world's largest producer of audiobooks and other aural consumer products. It would be wonderful to stream Audible on your Kindle device.
In order to meet the reading habits of the public, this post focuses on the official program to listen to Audible on Kindle, as well as a long-term way to use Audible on all Kindle devices for unlimited reading enjoyment.
Part 1. Can You Use Audible on Kindle Devices
In reality, you can certainly listen to Audible with Kindle but not all Kindle devices, as some specific devices like Kindle Voyage are dedicated e-readers that do not come with audio capabilities. Here is a brief breakdown of Kindle devices regarding Audible.
|Audible-enabled Kindle devices
|Kindle 1st & 2nd Gen, Kindle 5th Gen, Kindle 8th Gen, All-New Kindle Oasis 9th Gen, Kindle Oasis, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, Kindle HD, Kindle HDX, and more.
|Kindle PaperWhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen, Kindle Voyage.
Part 2. How to Sync Audible and Kindle Officially
The method of setting up Audible on Kindle depends on the Kindle device model, then follow the corresponding guide according to your actual situation.
2.1 How to Use Audible on Kindle(1st & 2nd Gen)/Kindle DX [Old Devices]
To listen to Audible audiobooks on Kindle DX and Kindle 1st and 2nd generations, you need to install the Audible Manager beforehand on your computer. Then you can get Audible on those old Kindle devices via Audible Manager.
Step 1. Connect your Kindle to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2. On Audible Manager, click Device > Add New Device option, check Amazon Kindle in the pop-up dialog box, then tap the OK button. After that Audible Manager will start to install the plug-in for your Kindle in the background.
Step 3. Right-click the Kindle device, select the Activate option in the pop-up box, and enter your personal Audible account information to activate the Kindle device.
Step 4. Click the Library panel on the Audible Manager main interface and select all the downloaded Audible audiobooks on your computer. Then click "Add to Device" in the upper right corner to start transferring audiobooks to your Kindle, once completed, the audiobooks will be displayed on the Kindle's home screen.
2.2 How to Get Audible on Kindle 8th Gen or Kindle Oasis 8th/9th Gen [New Devices]
This is an Audible app on most new Kindle devices such as Kindle Oasis, etc. Thus, you can follow the below steps to listen to or download audiobooks on the Audible Kindle app directly.
Step 1. Go to the Home screen and click My Library > All to find all Audible books, or use the Filters on the top right corner to view only Audible audiobooks.
Step 2. Select any Audible book you want to listen to. Note that if the book has not been downloaded before, it will automatically be downloaded.
Step 3. You can pair your Bluetooth device to get Audible on an Amazon Kindle device by clicking on the bottom 'No Bluetooth Connected' tab.
2.3 How to Listen to Audible on Kindle Fire HD
Step 1. On the home screen of Kindle Fire HD, select the 'Apps' section at the top.
Step 2. Switch to the 'Device' section. Then tap on the Audible icon and log in with your Audible account.
Step 3. Go to the Audible panel and browse the list of purchased Audible audiobooks.
Step 4. Select the audiobook you prefer and click its cover art to start the download process.
Step 5. Press the Home button to go back to the home page, then touch the title of the audiobook directly to start playing.
2.4 How to Download Audible on Kindle Keyboard
Step 1. Click on the Menu and select View Archived Items via the 5-way controller. Tap the 5-way controller to select the Audible audiobook you want to download, then click the audiobook title directly on the home page for playback.
Step 2. If you can't find the Audible audiobook you purchased in the Archived Items section, navigate to Audible.com and log in to your account. Go to Library > My Books, find the audiobook you purchased, and click on the "Transfer to Kindle Keyboard" option in the drop-down options.
Step 3. Go back to Kindle Keyboard, click Home > Menu > Sync and Check Items (use the 5-way controller). Kindle Keyboard will detect your newly purchased Audible audiobook and click on the title of the book to start the download.
Step 4. It’s able to listen to Audible with Kindle Keyboard smoothly through the Kindle built-in speakers or by plugging in your headphones.
2.5 How to Play Audible on Kindle Touch
Step 1. On the Home screen, tap Cloud. Select the Audible audiobook you like and download it to your device.
Step 2. Wait for a while, when the download is finished, press the Home button. Go back to the Home screen and tap the audiobook title to play Audible on Kindle Touch.
[Update 2023] Audible now doesn't support Kindle Keyboard and Kindle Touch.
Part 3. How to Listen to Audible on Kindle Devices Offline Forever
While you can easily play audiobooks on Audible-enabled Kindle, what about those Kindle that can't listen to Audible officially? In fact, you'd better download Audible audiobooks as local files beforehand, and then import Audible to a Kindle device without any restrictions. Meanwhile, AudFree Audible Converter will be your best helper.
This excellent tool is dedicated to downloading and converting Audible books to MP3, WAV, etc. for playing on any ideal Kindle. Its advanced decode technology contributes to keeping the lossless audio quality and original ID3 tags after conversion. It also allows you to manually set ID3 tag parameters such as title, cover, composer, etc., and split audiobooks into chapters through its built-in editor.
It's worth mentioning that this all-in-one audio converter works with Apple Music, iTunes songs, and regular audio tracks in addition to Audible. You can't imagine that it can convert and download Audible books losslessly at 30X faster speed. Consequently, with this powerful Audible converter, you don't have to worry about Audible not working on Kindle anymore.
AudFree Audible Converter
How to Convert to Audible to MP3 for Playing on All Kindle Devices
Please download your loved audiobooks from Audible with your existing Audible account. Then add those audiobooks to iTunes. Once done, you can refer to the following user guide to convert Audible books to MP3, WAV, etc. for those Kindle devices that are not compatible with Audible.
- Step 1Load Audible Audiobooks to AudFree Auditior
- Install and run AudFree Auditior on your PC or Mac. Click the first 'Add' button to import the downloaded Audible files, and keep in mind that the second button is for adding regular audio. Alternatively, drag and drop audiobook files from the original folder into AudFree Auditior's conversion window.
- Step 2 Customize Audible Output Format for Kindle
- Click the 'Audio' button at the bottom right corner to open the Format Setting window. Most Kindle devices support MP3 and WAV, so you can choose MP3 or WAV as the output format for Audible books. Also, if you choose 'Keep lossless quality(AA, AAX)', the AA-format audiobooks will be converted to MP3 files while the AAX will be exported to M4A automatically. Besides, you can click the 'Edit' icon to split the large Audible audiobook into chapters.
- Step 3Export Audible to MP3 for Playing on All Kindle Devices
- Click the 'Convert' button and AudFree Auditior will start the conversion process according to your settings. Once it's done, you can get the converted Audible audiobooks on your computer locally by clicking on the bottom File icon. After that, you have the freedom to transfer them to any device you wish, such as Kindle.
- Step 4Listen to Audible with Kindle Offline
- Please connect your computer and Kindle using the USB cable, then navigate to the Kindle folder on your computer and transfer the Audible audiobook files to the Kindle folder by drag-and-drop operation. After that, you can effortlessly use Audible on Kindle in the way you want.
Part 4. How to Remove Audible Books from Kindle
Now, you know how to sync and use Audible on Kindle devices. However, you may suffer from insufficient storage space on your Amazon Kindle. Thus, in this part, you will be taken through how to delete Audible books you have read from your Amazon Kindle device.
Step 1. On the Home section on Kindle, you can either tap on the top right three-dot icon and choose 'Your Library' or click on the below 'Your Library' tab.
Step 2. Proceed to touch on the bottom-right More Options tab symbolized with three dots on the title you want to remove. Or press and hold on to the title.
Step 3. Select 'Delete This Book' from the drop-down menu. Then the Audible book will be removed from your Kindle's library.
Part 5. Fix: Audible and Kindle Not Syncing
Don't fret. You are not the only one who encountered this error. This issue may be related to the wrong Whispersync Settings or the outdated version of both the Audible app and Kindle device. Now, try the following fixes to troubleshoot the Audible not syncing with Kindle problem:
1) Check Network Connection of Your Device: Please make sure you have connected your Kindle device and your phone or tablet with WiFi or data.
2) Enable Device Synchronization Option: If you are syncing Audible and Kindle using Whispersync for Voice on your phone or computer, please go to the Whispersync Settings and turn on the Device Synchronization option.
3) Update the Version of Audible App/Kindle Device: Ensure you have the latest version of both the Audible app and the Kindle device.
4) Use AudFree Audible Book Converter: It helps you download any audiobook from Audible as local files in unprotected formats. Thus, you can transfer Audible audiobooks to any Kindle device for offline playback without issues.
Part 6. In Conclusion
Apparently, using Audible on Kindle isn't as hard as you think, right? Now that you know the best solutions to listen to Audible on Kindle, then enjoy the reading experience of Kindle to a great extent. By the way, if you are eager to listen to Audible offline on any Kindle device or other player, you might as well make good use of AudFree Audible Converter.