When talking about Spotify, most of us will think of the world's largest digital music service, which allows users to access to over 30 millions of songs freely via the Spotify app or web player. When getting 3 months of Spotify Premium for $0.99, only $9.99 per month after, you can listen to ad-free high-quality music from Spotify offline on a wide variety of popular devices and platforms, such as Windows, Playstation, iOS, Android, etc.
However, as for free Spotify users, there are some limitations for them to play Spotify music. The biggest disadvantage is that you are not allowed to download favorite Spotify music to devices for offline listening. To listen to Spotify music on any device even they don't connect to network, it is quite necessary to discoverthe professional Spotify recording software that can record music from Spotify free. Therefore, in this article, we will introduce two excellent Spotify music recorders that can record Spotify music as MP3 with high quality kept for your reference.
Part 1. Record Music from Spotify with AudFree Audio Capture
When it comes to smart Spotify music recording solution, we highly recommend AudFree Audio Capture, an intelligent multi-track audio grabber. Available for Windows and Mac operating system, it can not only record any content from Spotify, like songs, playlists and albums, but also save recorded Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B.
With built-in leading-edge recording technology, this powerful audio recording tool for Spotify can capture music from Spotify with zero quality lossless. After recording, you can listen to high-quality Spotify songs on all devices and music players even without the Internet connection. Plus, apart from recording music off Spotify, AudFree Audio Capture also supports for capturing other streaming music, including Apple Music, Tidal, Dezzer, Pandora, MySpace, and more with ease.
AudFree Streaming Audio Capture
Detailed Tutorial: How to Record Spotify Music with AudFree
Once installed AudFree Audio Capture on your computer successfully, you can refer to the following tutorial to record music from Spotify free and save Spotify music recordings as MP3 or other popular audio formats as you like for playback offline.
- Step 1Set up AudFree Spotify music recording tool
- Double click the shortcut of AudFree Audio Capture from the computer desktop, and you will see the main interface, in which there are a series of downloaded programs, like Safari, iTunes, QuickTime. If Spotify app doesn't appear in this list, you can touch the big '+' button to add it directly.
- Step 2Define output format and other audio parameters
- Before recording music from Spotify, you can customize output format and other output audio quality by clicking the 'audio' icon. AudFree audio recorder supports MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, AAC, and M4B, you can choose one of them as the output format. In the same window, you are able to personalize other audio output settings, like audio codec, channel, sample rate and bit rate according to your special needs.
- Step 3Play and record songs/playlists from Spotify
- Please touch the Spotify app in the starting window, Spotify and the recording window will be launched automatically. Now, you can discover and play favorite the Spotify track, and you will see that AudFree is recording audio tracks playing on Spotify app simultaneously. Besides, you can also use Safari or other web browsers to play many Spotify music tracks, the recorder can also capture all of them and divide them to into independent music successfully.
- Step 4Edit and save recorded Spotify music as MP3
- There is an 'edit' icon at each recorded track, please touch it to cut and split unwanted audio segments and change ID3 tags, like year, artwork cover, title, album, artist, etc. Once all settings are ok, you can stop the recording process by quitting the browser or Spotify app directly. All Spotify music records will be saved to destination folder.
- Video Demo How to Record Spotify Music as MP3
- In this video, you can learn how to use AudFree Audio Capture to record and save songs, playlists from Spotify as MP3 with ease. Just watch it now!
Part 2. Download Music from Spotify with AudFree Spotify Music Converter
Streaming audio recording tools are the smart choice to record Spotify songs and playlists. But one thing you should pay attention is that audio recorders are adopting real-time recording technology to grab audios playing on computer soundcard, which needs to takes a long time to get all Spotify playlists and albums.
To save your time, AudFree Studio also has released a Spotify music downloading tool, called AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which is specially designed to record and download Spotify music as MP3 no matter you are using a free and paying account. It's worth mentioning that it works at 5X faster speed while preserving lossless audio quality and ID3 tags and it offers the option of classifying output tracks by artist or album automatically.
See Also: Top 5 Best Spotify Music Downloaders
AudFree Music Downloader for Spotify
Detailed Guide: How to Download Spotify as MP3 without Premium
The following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to record and download music from Spotify and save them as MP3 losslessly.
- Step 1Import Spotify music to AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- There are two ways for you to add Spotify songs to AudFree. You can directly drag and drop the single song or whole playlist to the conversion window of AudFree or you can right click the item of Spotify content, choose the 'Share' option to copy the link of Spotify tracks, paste it to search box of AudFree software and touch the '+' button to upload them.
- Step 2Adjust output format and other settings
- Now, you can enter to the left-upper menu bar and choose AudFree Spotify Music Converter -> Preference option, AudFree Spotify recording tool will pop up a new window. In the 'Convert' menu, you can define output format as MP3 or others and customize the output audio quality.
- Step 3Record and download Spotiy tracks as MP3
- Please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. This professional software will start to record and download Spotify music as MP3 at 5X faster speed. When the converting process is done, you can locate downloaded lossless Spotify songs in the history folder.
Bottom Line: Best Solution to Record Spotify Music
If you still don't know to choose which Spotify recording tool, AudFree Audio Capture or Spotify Music Downloader, you can have a quick glance at the detailed comparison between two professional streaming audio recorders.
|AudFree Audio Capture||AudFree Spotify Music Converter|
|Support Input Format||Streaming music, online radio, in-game sound, in-video music, online chat, live courses, etc.||Spotify songs/playlits/albums|
|Supported Output Format||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B|
|Conversion Speed||Real time||5X Faster Speed|
|Customize Output Quality||Yes||Yes|
Coming with the same price, both audio recording tools can meet your needs to record Spotify music for offline listening on any device and player even without subscribing Spotify Premium.
If you don't care the converting speed (Audio Capture records Spotify songs in 1:1 real time), AudFree Audio Capture could be better, since it can capture lots of streaming music, like Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, etc.
But if you are looking for a faster Spotify recording solution to save time, AudFree Spotify Music Converter is the wonderful alternative to record music from Spotify at 5X faster speed with high-quality output tracks.
Now, you can depend on your personal requirements to choose the best audio recording tool that can record and download Spotify songs/playlists/albums to listen on devices that don't connect to network. Have you used some other full-featured Spotify music recording software? Just share with us in the following comment area.