With an internal Alexa smart assistant, Facebook Portal serves as a video calling device, to connect with your friends or family with a lot of features. This device's features go beyond call control, video watching, stories telling, etc., it also can be regarded as a speaker and support you to get apps such as the Spotify app on it. With a pre-installed Spotify app on Facebook Portal, you can use Spotify on Facebook Portal.
But do you know how to make Facebook Portal Spotify integration? Don't worry! This article will introduce almost everything about it in both an official and advanced way including how to download Spotify without Premium and how to keep Spotify music forever for Facebook Portal. Let's read on.
- Part 1. Set Up Facebook Portal for Playing Spotify
- Part 2. Use Spotify on Facebook Portal with Premium - Official Way
- Part 3. Facebook Portal Spotify Integration without Premium - Best Way
- Part 4. Fix Facebook Portal Spotify Not Working
- Part 5. More FAQs about Spotify on Facebook Portal
- Part 6. Verdict
Part 1. How to Set Up Facebook Portal for Playing Spotify
Providing that you want to use Spotify on Facebook Portal, you need to set it up in advance. Therefore, in the first part, let's look into how to set up Facebook Portal for playing Spotify music later. To achieve this, you can follow the detailed instruction below:
Step 1. Plug the power cable into your Facebook Portal and plug the socket into the mains. Later, your Facebook Portal will launch automatically.
Step 2. After choosing the using language, proceed to select your WiFi network from the list and type your password. Then click on 'Join' to connect to WiFi.
Step 3. Download the latest updated version of your Portal by tapping on 'Next'. When the 'Download Complete' message prompts, hit the 'Restart' button to restart your Portal.
Step 4. Click 'Next' and 'Continue' to get into the next step. You can name the Facebook Portal.
Step 5. Proceed with the setup process by connecting your Portal to a suitable account such as a Facebook account, WhatsApp account, etc. Tap 'Continue' and you can get a code on your Facebook Portal.
Step 6. Navigate to www.facebook.com/device if you select to connect the Portal with your Facebook account. And type the code you get and choose 'Continue' to log in to your Facebook account or create a new one. Then select 'Confirm'.
Step 7. Now you have set up your Facebook Portal and get ready to use it with Spotify.
Part 2. Use Spotify on Facebook Portal with Premium - Official Way
Once you set up your Facebook Portal, it's time to use Spotify on the Portal now. Due to the partnership between Facebook Portal and Spotify Premium, there is an official way that requires the Spotify Premium for you to play Spotify music on Facebook Portal. We have presented the specific steps as follows:
Play Spotify on Facebook Portal
Method 1. Voice Commands (Spotify App on Facebook Portal)
Step 1. Add the Spotify app on Facebook Portal: From 'Apps' on Facebook Portal, search Spotify and tap the 'Get' option.
Step 2. From the Apps of Facebook Portal, select 'Settings' > 'Assistants' > 'Amazon Alexa' > 'Connect' one by one.
Step 3. Navigate to amazon.com/code on desktops or mobiles. Then type the code you get from your Meta Portal's screen. Now you have enabled the inside Alexa voice command on your Portal device.
Step 4. Make sure the microphone on Facebook Portal is turned on.
Step 5. Speak 'Hi, Portal' to your Facebook Portal to wake the voice control assistant and post commands to it such as "Hi, Portal, play some music". If it doesn't respond, please move it closer.
Method 2. Remotely Control with Spotify Connect (Spotify App on Mobiles or Desktops)
Step 1. Connect the same WiFi network on both the Facebook Portal and your mobile device or desktop.
Step 2. Play a Spotify song on your mobile and tap on the bottom-right 'Spotify Connect' icon.
Step 3. Select your Facebook Portal from the devices list. After that, you can control Spotify tune of the Portal by using your mobile or desktop.
Part 3. Facebook Portal Spotify Integration without Premium - Best Way
You may have already used Spotify on your Facebook Portal if you have a Spotify Premium account. However, once you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription or it gets expired, you will fail to connect Spotify to the Portal device. So, is there a free workaround option to make Facebook Portal Spotify connection? The answer is 'Yes'. To enjoy Spotify playlists or songs on the Portal device without premium, you can also choose to download Spotify music as local files with a music downloader and then transfer the downloads to your Facebook Portal. Here, you should never miss this powerful gadget - AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
Working with both Spotify Free and Spotify Premium, this program empowers you to download and convert Spotify Ogg Vorbis to MP3 and other most commonly used audio formats in batch for FREE. And it is capable to keep Spotify downloads with LOSSLESS sound quality forever and import them to any portable device such as Facebook Portal at any time.
On top of that, this smart tool is also featured with many auxiliary functions such as preserving full ID3 tags and meta information to organize the downloaded Spotify music with various types for an excellent music experience on Facebook Portal.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
How to Download and Connect Spotify to Facebook Portal
Can't help wondering how to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to integrate Spotify with Facebook Portal? Here is a tutorial for you. Please check it out now.
- Step 1Load Music from Spotify to AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- On Spotify, pick up your love songs that are ready to be streamed on your Facebook Portal. Afterward, copy the songs or playlist share links and paste them to AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Or you can use drag-and-drop directly to load a single song or the whole playlist to the converter. Then hit the top-right '+' tab to load up.
- Step 2Adjust Spotify Audio as Facebook Portal-Supported Output Formats
- Head to the toolbar in the upper right corner and select the 'Preference' > 'Convert' options on the converting tool. Then you can access to personalize the output formats as for Spotify audio. Also, you are allowed to set the output audio format such as MP3, M4A, WAV, and other file formats that are supported by Facebook Portal. Likewise, it allows you to customize relevant parameters such as bit rate, audio channels, sample rate, and so forth for original Spotify audio quality.
- Step 3Download Spotify Music to Play on Facebook Portal
- To commence the conversion process, please hit the top-right 'Convert' button and wait a minute. Once you downloaded Spotify songs, please visit the destination folder you set before and you can find the downloaded Spotify music there. Subsequently, you can step into transferring and playing Spotify music via Bluetooth on Facebook Portal.
Part 4. Fix Facebook Portal Spotify Not Working
Recently, some Portal users complained that they have encountered some Facebook Portal Spotify not working troubles such as Facebook Portal not connecting to Spotify, and Spotify not working with the built-in Alexa Voice Assistant on Facebook Portal. To solve such issues, you can do as described below.
For Spotify Facebook Portal Not Connecting Issue:
- ✨Turn off the Bluetooth or WiFi connections and turn on them again.
- ✨Check if Spotify Premium has been canceled or expired.
- ✨Check if Spotify Connect is working.
- ✨Install the Spotify app from the Facebook Portal apps center and play Spotify directly on the device.
For Spotify Not Working with Voice Commands on Facebook Portal:
- ✨Unlink Spotify and your Alexa account at first, restart your router and link them again.
Part 5. More FAQs About Spotify on Facebook Portal
Q1. Is Spotify Free on Portal?
A1: No. Facebook Portal works with Spotify Premium only. So, you need to subscribe to Spotify Premium to use Spotify smoothly on the Portal device.
Q2. How to Search Spotify on Facebook Portal?
A2: Navigate to the Apps center of the Facebook Portal and search 'Spotify' in the search box. Or you can visit the Facebook Portal website and find the pre-install Spotify app.
Part 6. Verdict
In fact, both the official way and advanced way can help you achieve to play Spotify on Facebook Portal. But in terms of needing Spotify Free or Spotify Premium, using a third-party tool - AudFree Spotify Music Converter gives you an edge over the official way. And since the converter can download Spotify Free/Premium music as local files instead of cache files and keep the Spotify downloads for free forever, it is more worthwhile than the former method. Just try it!