Instead of music downloads for entertainment, music streams have more advantages. Two of them are that users can access favorite music at your fingertips and you never worry about running out of device memory.
However, as a Tidal music subscriber, I wonder to know whether there is no necessity to download Tidal music offline? How should I do when my device doesn't have the network connection, such as I'm taking the subway or in a remote area?
Under this situation, it could be better to download streaming music offline to avoid such embarrassing situations. Fortunately, almost all streaming music platforms support offline playback features, including Tidal service.
If you are interested in the topic of how to play music on Tidal offline, you can get the effective answers in this post. Let's move on here.
Part 1. How to Download Music for Offline Play on Tidal on Mobile Devices
The Tidal app is available for both Android and iOS devices with the Offline Mode feature. It means that you can both play music on Tidal offline via downloading them in advance. In this case, you can listen to your favorite music content on Tidal when you don't connect to the network. Here, we will take iPhone as an example to show the complete steps.
Download Tidal Music on iPhone
Step 1. Open the Tidal app and navigate to the 'My Collection' option.
Step 2. Browse and click the album, playlist that you'd like to play offline.
Step 3. Hit on the three-dot icon to the right of the music title.
Step 4. Please scroll download and you will see there is a 'Download' button. Just tap it to start the downloading process.
PS: When Tidal streams are downloading, please don't close the Tidal app. Otherwise, the process will stop unexpectedly.
Play Music on Tidal Offline
Step 1. Please tap the 'My Collection' section again.
Step 2. There is the cogwheel, you can click it to access the 'Settings' option.
Step 3. Enable the Offline Mode feature by clicking the while toggle.
Step 4. Go to the 'Downloaded' section, you can play downloaded Tidal tracks offline now.
Part 2. How to Download Music from Tidal to Play Offline on Computer
There is also a unique Tidal desktop app for subscribers to play Tidal content on the computer. But 'Offline Mode' is the privilege of mobile users only. When it comes to playing Tidal music offline on the computer, we need AudFree Tidal Music Downloader to make it available.
It's well-designed for both the Tidal Fifi and Premium users (including the subscribers with Tidal free trial) to download music from the Tidal desktop app without touching the lossless quality. With the powerful function, you will have the chance to play music offline on Tidal.
Here, let's get started to learn how to play Tidal music offline on your computer. Just perform the following steps.
- Step 1Browse and add Tidal music to AudFree
- AudFree Tidal Music Downloader offers an easy way for users to load music and playlists from the Tidal app to it. Please open the music downloader for Tidal and the Tidal desktop app will be loaded automatically. Now, you can log in your Tidal account and browse the music, album or playlist. Once found out, please copy and paste the Tidal URL to the search box of AudFree software. Click the '+' button, it will start to load Tidal music playlist in the main interface.
- Step 2Define Tidal output parameters for downloading (Optional)
- There are six output audio formats for your choice to export Tidal music. You can customize the target one from the FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and MP3 to meet your needs. From the setting window you can see above, there is a box you can check to set the conversion speed as 1X. By doing this, the conversion process could be more stable. It's able to skip this step, and your added Tidal tracks will be downloaded as MP3 files by default.
- Step 3Download music from Tidal to play offline
- There is an 'edit' icon of each added music, which allows you to rename the title of your music. It's also optional. Now, please press the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface to download Tidal songs onto computer. Wait for a while, you will get all offline Tidal files and locate them on your computer by clicking the destination folder.
Part 3. In Conclusion
There are two workarounds to play music on Tidal offline according to different Tidal versions. For users who are using Android or iOS devices, you can refer to the first tutorial to listen to Tidal offline. While Tidal desktop users need to follow the second way.
By the way, some people complained that Tidal not allowing me to play offline. There is no downloaded music, albums as offline page can't be found. They need to get a network connection and download Tidal songs again. To fix this bug, you can also download Tidal music offline by using the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader and transfer Tidal tracks to your mobile device for offline playback.