How can I download music from Tidal streaming music site for offline listening? I have made a deep impression by the high fidelity, lossless audio quality of Tidal music. As far as I known, HiFi audio files require faster download speeds than common music streams. To listen to lossless CD-quality tracks from Tidal smoothly even Internet connection is not stable, I would like to download Tidal Music for offline playback in advance. Is there a complete tutorial to download Tidal albums or playlists to my devices with ease?
There is no doubt that offline music is a nice choice for listening to high-quality Tidal songs no matter where you are. So here, I will introduce the simple way to download Tidal playlists/albums on mobile devices and show you alternative way to record Tidal music offline on computers, even you don't subscribe the Tidal Premium plan.
Part 1. Everything We Need to Know about Tidal Music
With over 48.5 million tracks and 175,000 music videos, Tidal is a premium-based music streaming service with High Fidelity sound quality, HD music videos and Curated Editorial, expertly crafted by music journalists. Tidal offers two plans of digital music streaming services, respectively Tidal Premium and Tidal HiFi.
As for Tidal Premium, users need to pay $9.99 per month, which is the same as the Spotify's Premium and can get the lossy music quality at 320 kbps. If you need to get the 'lossless high fidelity' sound quality, you need to upgrade your account to the Tidal HiFi subscription for 19.99 a month. However, although there is no free option for users' choice, Tidal offers a 30-day free tidal of both Tidal Premium and Tidal HiFi to its users.
Part 2. Download Tidal Playlists & Albums on Mobile Devices for Offline Listening
With the Premium subscription, Tidal gives users the rights to download songs to devices with a stable Internet. Since Tidal app is available for both Android and iOS devices, you can install it on your mobile phone and refer to the following tutorial to start to download Tidal music tracks offline. Please make sure you are in an area with stable internet.
Step 1. Search favorite playlist or album from Tidal. Please launch the Tidal app on your Android or iPhone, select the Search option at the bottom menu of the main screen, and now you can start to discover your favorite Tidal music files.
Step 2. Start to download Tidal music. Once you have found the album that you'd like to download, please open the album's overview page, in where you can see a toggle for Download near the top. Now, you can simply click this toggle and it will pop up an informing that the album is downloading.
Step 3. Authorize your device for offline use. Please tap the My Collection tab at the bottom-right corner of the screen, and then you will see the gear icon in the upper-right corner. Please click it to open the settings window, in which you need to choose the Authorize option to authorize your device for playing downloaded music.
Step 4. Activate the Offline Mode on your device. After you have authorized the device successfully, you can select Offline button at the same Settings window to activate Offline Mode.
Part 3. How to Download and Record Tidal Music Streams on Mac/Windows
Of course, it's an easy task to download Tidal tracks on your computer via Tidal app or Tidal web player. But what if you are not a Tidal paying subscriber and can't afford to the high subscription fee? Here, I will introduce another solution to download and record music from Tidal. That is to use a third-party music streaming recording tool to record Tidal HD music on your computer.
Here, we can meet AudFree Audio Capture, one of the most professional audio recording solutions in the market. By adopting advanced high-quality audio recording technology, it can record and download streaming music from Tidal with original ID3 tags kept and save recorded Tidal streams as FALC, WAV, MP3, AAC M4A and other common audio formats so that you can play Tidal music on any device offline. Apart from grabbing audio files from Tidal, this smart AudFree audio recorder can capture music streams from other popular streaming services, like Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, etc.
Steps to Record and Download Tidal HD Offline without Premium & HiFi
Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed AudFree Audio Capture on your Mac or Windows computer. Please be well noted that the free trial version can record 1 minute of each Tidal file, you can purchase the full version to unlock the time limitation. Now, let's see how it works.
- Step 1Launch AudFree Audio Capture and set up recordings
- When you launch AudFree streaming music recorder, the installed programs on your computer will show up in the main interface. If there is no target app you'd like to record Tidal music from, you can click the big '+' button to add any program directly. To make the conversion process more stable, you'd suggested to use Chrome to play Tidal music in the Tidal web player.
- Step 2Set output format and other audio parameters
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open the settings window, in which you can set your favorite audio format as the output format from MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. Besides, in this window, you can customize the output audio quality by changing the bit rate, audio codec, channel, sample rate, etc. as you like.
- Step 3Play and download music from Tidal HD
- You can choose the target program, like Chrome to navigate to Tidal web player or click the Tidal app to discover favorite Tidal playlists or albums. Once discovered, you can start to play the song, playlist or album, AudFree Audio Capture will pop up the recording window and record and download Tidal music automatically.
- Step 4Edit and save record Tidal music or playlist
- Once the Tidal music have downloaded and recorded successfully, you can click the 'edit' icon at each recorded track to cut or split unwanted audio segments and customize the ID3 tags according to your needs. When all settings are OK, you can click the 'Stop' to finish the recording process and click 'Save' to save recorded Tidal files. Now, you can transfer them to any device for offline playback.