With the largest music catalog of over 35 million songs, Spotify has already become the most popular streaming music service all over the world. As it offers users easier access to all types of online music on any device, such as Windows, Mac OSX, iOS and Android, it has attracted 170 million monthly active users as of May 2018, combined with 70 million paying subscribers and 100 million free subscribers.
Although it's comfortable to stream music online through web player of Spotify, there will always come a time when we need to listen to Spotify songs offline. However, Spotify puts many restrictions for both premium and free users to play Spotify music offline. To make it easy for you, here we are going to introducing an ultimate solution to help you to download and convert Spotify tracks and playlists to MP3 format so that you can enjoy Spotify music anywhere no matter whether you are using Spotify free or premium plan.
Part 1. Spotify Music: What You Should Know
Spotify Music is a freemium service combined with basic free services and additional paid features, commonly known as Free and Premium subscriptions. To be more specific, both plans can access to the whole streaming music catalog of Spotify on many devices, including Windows, macOS, and Linux computers, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices. The difference is that free subscribers can only stream Spotify music online with ads. If you want to download the ads-free songs for offline listening, you are required to upgrade to premium account with $9.99 monthly subscription fee.
However, since all Spotify songs are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management), it's still no easy job to enjoy the offline tracks once downloaded. As the protected Spotify songs are encoded in special OGG Vorbis format, you can't copy the downloads to any common MP3 player for playback. Therefore, to make Spotify music playable on any device without limit, the best solution is to find a way to convert DRM-protected Spotify OGG to DRM-free MP3 format.
Part 2. Convert Spotify to MP3: What Tool You'll Need
In this case, you'll need a powerful toolkit that can not only remove DRM from Spotify music, but also convert the Spotify OGG to MP3. Luckily, there are many such Spotify music converter in the market. Among them, AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter is the best tool with the ability to download any song, album, artist and playlist from Spotify as DRM-free MP3 while retaining original quality and ID3 tags. It's highly recommended because it supports both free and premium accounts. In other words, you can easily download and convert any Spotify playlist to MP3 for offline listening even without a paid subscription.
To get started, firstly download the free trial version as below and then follow the guide in next part to see how it works in extracting MP3 from Spotify songs with a few clicks only.
Part 3. How to Convert Spotify Songs/Playlists to MP3
Extracting MP3 tracks from Spotify music only takes three simple steps by using AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Here we go.
- Step 1Drag and drop Spotify tracks to AudFree
- Upon launching AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter on your Mac or PC, you'll notice the Spotify app is loaded simultaneously. After that, go to the Spotify Store to browse and find the songs/playlists/albums you need to download. Then drag the specific tracks to AudFree conversion window. Alternatively, you can copy the link of the track and paste it to the search box of AudFree and click '+' button to load it.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3
- When the Spotify songs are imported into AudFree, navigate to the top menu bar, choose 'Preferences' - 'Output Format' - 'MP3'. There you can also customize the music quality by changing the audio parameters like codec, bit rate, sample rate and more. If you want the converted songs to be archived by albums or artists, remember to check the option of 'Archive output tracks by'.
- Step 3Start downloading and converting Spotify music to MP3
- Click 'Convert' button within AudFree Spotify Converter to let it begin to remove DRM and convert those Spotify songs/playlists to MP3 format losslessly and instantly. Once converted, you can locate the DRM-free Spotify music files as MP3 in the history folder and then transfer those songs to any media player or MP3 device, like Apple iPod, Sony Walkman, PSP, and so forth.
Video Demo: Convert Spotify Music to MP3 for Offline Listening
This video shows you how to use AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter to download and convert Spotify music to MP3 files for offline playback on any device and music player without problem.