As we all know that everyone can use iTunes to convert iTunes music files to MP3 directly. How about convert Apple Music you purchased from the iTunes store to MP3 with iTunes? The answer could be disappointed to you. If you would like to convert Apple Music to MP3 for listening to Apple Music on MP3 player offline, what should you do?
Actually, many Apple Music subscribers have the same question, since the most popular FAQ about Apple Music is that 'music tracks downloaded from Apple Music are encoded in DRM M4P format that can't be recognized by multiple portable devices and players, how can I convert Apple Music M4P to MP3?' In order to solve this tricky problem well, we will show you the effective workaround on converting Apple Music files to MP3 effortlessly.
Part 1. Best Apple Music to MP3 Converter to Convert DRM M4P to MP3
To easily convert Apple Music to MP3 and kill DRM lock, we can get help from AudFree Apple Music Converter, the one-stop Apple Music DRM removal solution. It is designed to make Apple Music more enjoyable. With the help of this professional Apple Music Converter, you are able to bypass DRM protection from downloaded Apple Music files and convert Apple Music M4P to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A and M4B with 100% original preserved.
AudFree DRM Audio Converter can provide the output quality as excellent as CD quality. By using this powerful software, all ID3 tags can be retained in converted DRM-free MP3 files or you can also customize the ID3 tags, like year, title, artwork cover, etc. as you like. Overall, you can make a full use of Apple Music, like burning songs to CDs and playing them on MP3 player freely.
AudFree Apple Music to MP3 Converter
Part 2. Convert Apple Music Files to MP3 Easily - Complete Guide
Now, you can refer to the following step-by-step tutorial as below to see how to remove DRM from Apple Music files while converting DRM M4P files to MP3 by using AudFree Apple Music to MP3 Converter.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music to AudFree
- Please touch the first 'Add Files' button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface, all downloaded Apple Music in music library will pop up automatically and you can choose cherish M4P files to AudFree. Alternatively, you can drag and drop Apple Music files to AudFree conversion window directly.
- Note: AudFree DRM Audio Converter can also convert iTunes DRM audio files and Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3. You just need to import protected audio tracks to AudFree. Also it can convert DRM-free audio files to MP3 and other formats, you have to click the second 'Add Files' button to upload them.
- Step 2Define output format as MP3
- Once all Apple Music files that you’d like to convert are imported to AudFree, you can start to define the output format as MP3 by clicking the 'audio' icon to open the format setting window. In this step, you are also allowed to customize the output audio quality, like audio codec, channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Apple Music to MP3
- Now, please tab the 'Convert' button to launch converting process. AudFree audio converter will automatically convert DRM-ed Apple Music to unprotected MP3 or other output formats that you set before. After conversion, you can locate non-DRM Apple Music files on the target folder and transfer these Apple Music to MP3 player for offline playback.
Video Demo: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Losslessly
There is the step-by-step video demo to let you know how to use AudFree DRM Audio Converter to convert Apple Music DRM M4P to MP3 easily.
Part 3. Why We Need to Convert Apple Music to MP3
Apple Music & DRM
Only if you subscribe Apple Music at $9.99 for per month or $14.99 every year (New users have a 3-month free trial), you can assess to the whole Apple Music library of 'over 45 million streaming music' and download them for offline listening freely. However, you can't take a full control of those Apple Music tracks because of built-in DRM technology.
1. You can only listen to Apple Music on authorized devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with iOS 8.4 or later, iTunes media player, as well as Android phones with Android 4.3 or later.
2. You have no rights to burn Apple Music that you purchased legally into CDs and import DRM M4P to video editors for making pleasure background music.
3. Once you have canceled the Apple Music subscription, all downloaded Apple Music files will disappear from your Apple Music library. That's to say, you can't access to Apple Music M4P again.
DRM M4P vs MP3
M4P stands for one of the audio file extensions. Encoded with advanced audio codec (AAC), M4P is a lossy compression and represents protected MP4G 4 (files). Audio files purchased from Apple Music are encoded in M4P format, which are protected by FairPlay DRM technology that limits Apple Music tracks to be playable on selected devices and media players.
MP3 is a standard technology and format for compressing a sound sequence into a very small file, which is one of the most popular audio fie types. MP3 can not only deliver offer near-CD sound quality, but also have a high compatibility with almost all devices and music players, like any MP3 player, computer, smartphone, etc.
From the discussion mentioned above, it's really a great deal to convert Apple Music to MP3 while removing DRM from Apple Music. As a result, you are able to play Apple Music on any device, like iPod shuffle, iPod nano, Chromecast, Amazon Echo, Android tablet, etc. without limitation. More important, you can keep Apple Music files forever, even if you have canceled Apple Music paying plan.