Serato DJ Pro released the new update a few days ago. Many practical functions were added in the latest version such as Day Mode, Play Count, Streaming Analysis and so forth, which help this DJ software smarter for its users mix music better. Nevertheless, people are still looking forward to the next update, which can fulfill their wish to use offline mode for Tidal.
Actually, this dream can be realized right now. In this article, I am going to show you a functional way to use Tidal on Serato in offline mode, and also give brief introductions to how to add Tidal to Serato. Just follow my steps to see what treasure I have found.
Part 1. Stream Tidal Tracks for Offline Use on Serato
Currently, it is required to stream Tidal tracks to Serato with an Internet connection. This is not convenient for a DJ who works at the venue where the mobile signal or WiFi is poor. And in most situations, music venues are full of people or located in the suburb, where the signal should be poor of course.
Although Serato doesn't offer the offline mode for Tidal, it supports users to add local music from the computer into the library. Thus you can make use of this feature, to add local Tidal music to Serato from your local music folder on your computer.
As you can see, the most critical step is to download Tidal music as local files. Therefore, it is very necessary to use AudFree Tidal Music Downloader for Windows (or AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac), which is designed to download and convert Tidal music, getting rid of the DRM protection from Tidal tracks and downloading them into local music library as commonly used formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and many others.
Adopting the most advanced technology, this smart tool decrypts and recodes Tidal music files without touching the original quality. The downloaded Tidal songs stay in 100% lossless quality and all metadata are completely preserved. In addition, it is supported to convert podcasts, audiobooks, and radio from Tidal by using this all-in-one Tidal Music Downloader.
Part 2. Steps to Load Tidal Tracks to Serato Offline via AudFree
- Step 1Copy and paste Tidal tracks and playlists to AudFree
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. Then the Tidal app will be opened simultaneously and automatically. To stream Tidal songs to Serato, please select the songs or playlist you would like to download on the Tidal app. Next, just click the three points icon beside the song or playlist. Hit 'Share' > 'Copy Track Link' or 'Copy Playlist Link', and then paste it to the search box in AudFree. After that, Simply tap on the '+' icon. Please wait for a few seconds, the track or the playlist will be imported to AudFree.
- Step 2Switch Tidal output format and other parameters
- It is available to manually change the output format before downloading. You should check the 'AudFree Tidal Music Downloader' option on the menu bar when you are using Mac. And if you are using a Windows computer, you ought to select the 'menu' button on the main interface of AudFree, and then press on the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' section. Later, a new setting window will appear. Here, it is allowed for you to customize the out quality by modifying the bit rate, audio codec, sample rate, etc. If you want to keep the original Tidal music quality, you should choose FLAC, 16 bit for HiFi quality, and pick FLAC /WAV, 24 bit for Master quality.
- Step 3Download and stream Tidal tracks for Serato
- Now, simply click to the obvious "Convert" bar at the lower right corner on the main page. Ideally, then the program will start at a 5X faster speed to decrypt and download Tidal music as the output settings that you chose before. The conversion period depends on how many songs that you loaded to AudFree. When the conversion is over, a red spot with a number of songs in it will be popped on the 'Converted' icon. Please click it to locate the target folder where all downloaded Tidal streams in.
- Step 4Import Tidal tracks to Serato for offline use
You can simply check here to see how to add local Tidal files from the computer to your Serato's library. It is written in details an easy-understanded.
Tips: How to Stream Tidal to Serato DJ Pro Online
If you are in a place where WiFi or Mobile Signal is pretty good, it better for you to use Tidal with Serato online. Just follow the easy steps below.
Step 1. Turn on Serato DJ Pro.
Step 2. Enter to 'Setup' > 'Library + Display' > 'Music Streaming'.
Step 3. Tick 'Show Streaming Services', then tap 'Tidal' from as the streaming service.
Step 4. Select 'Sign up / Login to Tidal' to navigate to the browser and log in, sign up for a new Tidal account, or continue using the account you owned before.
Step 5. After that, it is supposed to pop up a new window. Then hit 'Open Serato DJ Pro' to redirect back to it.
Step 6. When you are back to Serato DJ Pro, the 'music streaming' should be indicated a logged-in account. Here you can switch the streaming quality to HiFi if you have subscribed Tidal HiFi plan.
Video Demo: Tidal on Serato DJ | Streaming & Offline
Here's a video on how to stream Tidal on Serato DJ or have access to Tidal music in an offline way. Hope this will help you in a more direct and detailed way.