Apple Music is one of the giants of the music streaming world. It has a large music library with over 75 million songs, which helps users find favorite tunes easily. To improve its competitiveness in audio quality, it rolls out lossless audio and Dolby Atmos spatial audio support now.
Apple Music is available on many devices already, like Android, iOS, Mac, and PC. But the best way for Apple Music playback could be converting Apple Music to MP3. It can make Apple Music more compatible and playing more freely. As is known to many, it's able to use the iTunes app to convert iTunes music to MP3 directly. So is it possible to apply the same method to convert Apple Music to MP3 with iTunes?
Unfortunately, the answer might disappoint you. Because Apple Music files are under protection, but iTunes music not. To convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for better playback, you need to look for another solution to do this. To save your time, we have collected the top 4 best Apple Music to MP3 converter tools to convert Apple Music to MP3 free, online and best.
Part 1. Convert Apple Music to MP3 via Best Apple Music to MP3 Converter
There is a common FAQ in the Apple Support Community about Apple Music. 'How can I convert Apple Music to MP3? The songs downloaded from Apple Music are encoded in M4P format that can't be read by other portable devices or players.'
To download songs from Apple Music to MP3 with ease, the best tool we can meet is AudFree Apple Music Converter. It's a one-stop Apple Music M4P DRM removal and Apple Music to MP3 converter. It is a professional software designed to make Apple Music more enjoyable.
It can not only bypass protection from downloaded Apple Music files but also convert Apple Music songs to MP3. It does more than an excellent Apple Music MP3 converter. Because it can also convert Apple Music to WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, and M4B with 100% original quality preserved.
What's more, AudFree Apple Music Converter can work at 30X speed during the conversion. All ID3 tag information will be retained in Apple Music MP3 downloads, such as year, artist. With the help of this program, you can even burn Apple Music to CDs and playing Apple Music on MP3 player freely. In short, it can make full use of your Apple Music subscription and play Apple Music anytime and anywhere.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3
Please install the AudFree Apple Music Converter free trial version and the iTunes app on PC or Music app on Mac. Besides, please check the Apple Music subscription didn't expire. Now, you can refer to the following detailed tutorial to see how to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 step by step.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music to AudFree
- Before getting started, you are required to download songs in your Apple Music playlist on the computer. Then please tap the 'Load iTunes Library' button from the bottom-left corner. All the Apple Music you download in the iTunes library will be loaded into the AudFree software. You can start to select and add Apple Music to this Apple Music to MP3 converter.
- Apple Music Converter is embedded with the functions to convert iTunes music to MP3 and Audible books to MP3 or other formats. You just need to follow similar steps to load them into AudFree. Additionally, this smart toolkit can convert common audio files to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B. You can click the second 'Add Files' button to import common files for conversion.
- Step 2Define Apple Music output format as MP3
- Once all Apple Music files are loaded well, you can define the output format as MP3. Please click the 'audio' icon to open the settings window to do that. You are also given the option to define other output parameters including audio codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Now, please click the 'Convert' button to activate the converting process. AudFree Apple Music to MP3 Converter will run at 30X speed to download Apple Music as MP3 as you wish. After conversion, you can locate Apple Music MP3 files in the output folder. It's able to transfer these Apple Music playlists to any MP3 player for offline playback.
- Video DemoHow to Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- There is a step-by-step video that demonstrates how to use AudFree Apple Music Converter and convert Apple Music files to MP3 easily.
Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Free Online
What makes AudFree Apple Music Converter stand out from the crowd is the excellent output audio quality and conversion speed. Without a doubt, it's one of the best ways of converting Apple Music to MP3. But it's a third-party tool, which requires you to download an extra app on your computer. If you don't want to install more tools on your computer, the other way is to convert Apple Music to MP3 online.
When searching for an Apple Music converter online, there are a few results here. After we checked them one by one, Apowersoft Free Online Recorder is an answer. Although the implementation is different from AudFree Software, it has the ability to download MP3 from Apple Music. (Apowersoftware adopts recording technology, while AudFree utilizes decryption technology. )
It's also worth mentioning that AudFree Apple Music to MP3 Converter is a commercial program, you need to pay $14.95 to buy a full version. If this is acceptable for you, you can skip the following parts and use this tool to get Apple Music MP3 files. Fortunately, as the name suggests, Apowersoft is an Apple Music to MP3 converter free online. Now, let's see how to use this software to convert Apple Music to MP3 free online.
Convert Apple Music to MP3 Free Online
Step 1. To use Apowersoft Apple Music to MP3 online converter, please install a small launcher. It aims to make it works smoothly on your browser.
Step 2. Navigate to the official website, you will see there is a big 'Start Recording' at the middle with a red icon. Please hit on it to select System Sound as the audio source for recording.
Step 3. Now, please play Apple Music in the Apple Music Web Player and click the 'Start' button to record Apple Music to MP3. Besides, you can control the audio recording by choosing the 'Pause' and 'Stop' buttons.
Step 4. After recording, you can find all Apple Music tracks in the output directory by clicking the 'Show in Folder' button.
That's all to convert Apple Music to MP3 online for free. It's easy, right? It also comes with an ID3 tag editor. You can use it to manage Apple Music songs in a more effective way, like adding year, artist, and more. Apart from exporting Apple Music to MP3, it also can save Apple Music in WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and OGG files.
Part 3. Convert Apple Music to MP3 for Free
Except for the above Apple Music MP3 converter online, there is another free Apple Music to MP3 Converter, called Audacity. It's a free and open-source audio recorder for all streaming music sources. It did the same thing as Apowersoft Apple Music to MP3 converter online, but users also need to download it for use. The highlight feature of Audacity is that it's also compatible with Linux OS. It means that it also allows you to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 free on Linux devices. Let's see how this free Apple Music to MP3 converter works.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Free
Step 1. Install and fire up Audacity on your computer. Hit on the 'Edit' > Perferences' > 'Audio Host Box' > 'Windows WASAPI' button.
Step 2. Please set your computer's output device as the output sound card. Please hit the 'Recording' under the 'Audacity Preferences' to turn off the Software Playthrough.
Step 3. Click the 'Record' button in Audacity to launch the recording process. At the same time, please play Apple Music that you'd like to save as MP3.
Step 4. It will automatically record and convert Apple Music playlist to MP3 for free. To finish the recording process, please press the 'Stop' icon.
Part 4. How to Convert Unportected Apple Music to MP3
From what we mentioned at the beginning, it's able to convert iTunes music to MP3 directly. Because purchased iTunes songs and playlists are unprotected. In this case, if you don't want to use other apps to convert Apple Music to MP3, it's better to buy your favorite Apple Music in iTunes Store or Music app.
Therefore, please purchase the music in advance, and then you can convert Apple Music songs to MP3 by following the below steps. Here, we will take iTunes as an example only. The steps of using the Apple Music app are similar. So we don't explain again here.
Convert Purchased Apple Music to MP3 via iTunes
Step 1. Open iTunes for Windows app on your PC, and then please go to the menu bar to select Edit > Preferences option.
Step 2. In the new window, please choose General > Import Settings... > MP3 Encoder section and click OK to confirm it.
Step 3. Select purchased Apple Music songs in your iTunes library, and click File > Convert > Create MP3 Version button. All Apple Music will be encoded in MP3 format automatically.
Note: Apple Music app is available on your Mac computer running macOS 10.14 or higher versions.
Part 5. Why Need to Convert Apple Music to MP3
Apple Music & DRM
To access the Apple Music library, you need to pay a subscription fee of $9.99 per month or $99 every year. Apple Music subscribers can listen to the Apple Music catalog of 'over 75million tracks'.
And, it's able to save Apple Music on PC for offline listening. But, you can't take full control of those Apple Music tracks. Because Apple puts DRM technology on their digital music. The main limitations and inconvenience are as follows:
1. You can only listen to Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with iOS 8.4 or above, on Android phones with Android 4.3 or above. Apple Music's integrations with other devices such as speakers, smart TVs, are limited as well.
2. You have no right to use the downloaded Apple Music for other personal purposes. For example, you can not burn Apple Music into CDs, or import them into a video as background music.
3. Once you have canceled the Apple Music subscription, Apple Music files will disappear from your Apple Music library. That's to say, you can't listen to your favorite songs on Apple Music again.
M4P vs MP3
M4P stands for one of the audio file extensions. Encoded with the advanced audio codec (AAC), M4P is a lossy compression and represents protected MP4G 4 (files). Audio files from Apple Music are encoded in M4P format. It is protected by FairPlay DRM technology that prevents Apple Music from being played on any devices or media players.
MP3 is a standard technology and format for compressing a sound sequence into a very small file. It is also considered one of the most popular and common audio file types. MP3 can not only deliver near-CD sound quality but also has high compatibility with almost all devices and music players, like Bluetooth speakers, smart TVs, portable players, etc.
Converting Apple Music to MP3 has given us more possibilities to enjoy Apple Music. You can choose to use free Apple Music to MP3 converter online tools. But it's well noted that it will give your poor output quality. Thus, the best way could be purchasing iTunes songs or using AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music to MP3.
By using the AudFree Software, you can get lossless audio quality and keep Apple Music free forever. Even if your Apple Music subscription expires, you can still play Apple Music anywhere.