Is there a solution on how to download Audible books to MP3? I'd like to sync Audible audiobooks to my MP3 player for offline listening when I'm outside. But downloaded books from Audible.com couldn't be recognized by my devices. It seems to be caused by format compatibility. Any workaround to convert Audible to MP3 free or convert Audible to MP3 online?
Have you encountered the same obstacle mentioned above? Actually, Audible has encoded specific AA/AAX in audiobooks for avoiding unauthorized playback. Undoubtedly, converting Audible to MP3 is the best and most convenient way to listen to audiobooks.
Thus, in this article, we will share the ultimate ways to convert Audible to MP3 effortlessly. Select your favorite method and get MP3 files from Audible books.
Part 1. Convert Audible to MP3 with Best Audible to MP3 Converter
The best way to convert Audible files to MP3 is to draw support from a smart Audible to MP3 converter. Here, we high recommend AudFree Audible Converter, which has the ability to convert Audible to MP3 with chapters.
By adopting special decryption technology, this Audible MP3 converter can run at a 30X faster speed. As an all-in-one Audible converter, it can not only download Audible to MP3, the universal audio format but also FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B.
Audible files are downloaded with zero quality loss. ID3 tags and metadata info will be preserved in output MP3 files. It has an 'Edit' icon and an 'Effect' icon. The former option allows users to split Audible books by chapters. The latter enables users to customize audiobook playback.
How to Download Audible Books to MP3
AudFree Audible to MP3 Converter is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. Here, I will take the Mac version as an example to show you how to convert Audible books to MP3 step by step. Before following the tutorial, please download the free trial version of this tool on your Mac.
- Step 1Sync downloaded Audible audiobooks to iTunes library
- Please open the iTunes store and navigate to the 'My Audiobooks' menu. To add Audible books to the iTunes library, click the' File' icon at the upper-left corner of the iTunes menu bar. And then touch the 'Library' -> 'Import Playlist option' to load them. Please authorize your Audible account in advance.
- Step 2Import Audible books to AudFree Audible Converter
- There are two ways for you to load Audible books to this is Audible to MP3 Converter. You can click the first 'Add' button to choose Audible audiobooks from the iTunes library. Or you can directly drag and drop Audible files to the AudFree conversion window.
- Note: AudFree Audible Converter supports both converting Audible files to MP3. You can add all audiobooks at once for conversion. This tool is also available to convert iTunes audiobooks and common audiobooks to MP3. To do that, please click the second 'Add' button to import them to this smart audiobook converting tool.
- Step 3Set Audible output format as MP3
- Generally speaking, MP3 is set as the output format by default. If you need to change the output format, please click the 'audio' icon to do that. In this step, you can also tab the 'Edit' icon at each audiobook to open the editing window. You can customize ID3 tags like a year, title, album, artist, cover, and more. And split Audible books into small segments by chapters or averagely.
- Step 4Download and convert Audible books to MP3
- Once all settings are ready, you can start to rip Audible to MP3. Just touch the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. When the converting process finishes, this tool will save Audible to MP3 on the destination folder. You can transfer them to any MP3 player, for offline playback.
How to Convert Audible Books to MP3 - Video Demo
You can also watch this video tutorial to learn how to download Audible books as MP3 with the help of AudFree Audible to MP3 Converter.
Part 2. How to Convert Audible to MP3 for Free
What makes the above tool stand out from the crowd is the excellent output audio quality and conversion speed. But it requires users to buy the full version to download the whole audiobooks. Otherwise, only 1/3 of the content of each book can be downloaded.
You maybe wonder whether there is a way to convert Audible to MP3 for free. Thanks to the open-source Sourceforge, there is a free Audible to MP3 converter on this site. It is brought to the public by aaxman. It doesn’t work with iTunes, so the conversion speed is fast. Let's see how to use this tool to convert Audible book to MP3.
How to Convert Audible to MP3 for Free
Step 1. Install and launch the Audible Manager on your computer and then select an Audible file to open.
Step 2. Authorize your Audible account so that this tool can convert Audible files for free.
Step 3. Open the Aax2Mp3 (AaxToMp3GUI.exe) and choose the audiobooks that you'd like to convert to MP3. After that, please hit on the 'Convert' button to convert Audible files to MP3 for free.
Note: It's worth mentioning that the free Audible to MP3 converter features some drawbacks. The user interface is only in German. It has not been updated for more than a year. Some users claimed that sometimes it does not work properly.
Part 3. How to Convert Audible to MP3 Online
The above two ways need you to install extra software on your computer. In this part, we will introduce a way to convert Audible to MP3 online. You don't have to install another tool but add audiobooks to finish the conversion.
There are many online websites claiming that they have the ability to convert Audible to MP3. To avoid wasting time by trying one by one, we did this task. Finally, we put the Online Audio Converter in this place. By the way, it's also a free Audible to MP3 converter online.
How to Convert Audible to MP3 Online
Step 1. There are 4 ways to load Audible books. You can select audiobooks from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, or using URL.
Step 2. According to your needs, and start to upload Audible files. Please remember that the audiobooks can't exceed 10 MB.
Step 3. Customize output format, make advanced settings, and edit track info. Now, press the 'Convert' icon to start the conversion process.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Audible is one of the largest producers of downloadable digital audiobooks around the world. It offers a wide variety of online audiobooks for book lovers to listen to. Audible files are compatible with a series of different devices. For example, Kindle Oasis (9th Gen), Android and iOS devices, and SanDisk MP3 player. But there are still many MP3 players that can't play Audible books directly. So converting Audible to MP3 is a necessary step to get better playback.
In fact, there is also another way to convert Audible to MP3. You can use iTunes to burn Audible audiobooks to CD, and then use a CD ripper to convert the CD to MP3. But this solution is a little completive than using the 3 mentioned ways. You can refer to one of the above 3 methods to get MP3 files easily. Have fun with Audible audiobooks.