Q: I intend to listen to Audible on a plane when being on a business trip. Is there an Audible airplane mode or Audible offline mode to use Audible without WiFi? If the answer is yes, what should I do to listen to Audible offline?
We are unable to keep devices under the WiFi network always. Although we can afford the expensive cost of using cellular data, in some cases we don't allow mobile Internet connections to be opened. For example, taking a plane, being in a no signal area, and so forth.
Can you listen to Audible offline? Fortunately, the answer is positive. Follow us and refer to the guides, you can learn how to listen to Audible without WiFi on all devices.
Part 1. How to Listen to Audible Offline via Audible Offline Mode
Speaking of listening to Audible books offline, Audible provides the offline mode to make it available in this official app. Only if you have purchased those books, it's able to download Audible books for offline listening. The audible app is available for a wide variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and more.
You need to download Audible books offline when your device is under data connection. After that, you don't need to make Audible connect to the Internet to continue listening.
Different devices feature different steps to use Audible offline. As it's more convenient to carry mobile phones, here, we will introduce the mobile guide in advance.
Listen to Audible Offline via Audible App - iOS/Android
Step 1. Install the Audible app for Android/iOS on your mobile phone and open it to log in to your Audible account details.
Step 2. Enter the 'Library' option from the top-left corner and go to the Cloud section. And then you can start to select Audible audiobooks that you'd like to listen to offline.
Step 3. Click on the cover art, and touch the 'Download' icon to launch downloading process. You will see audiobooks will be downloaded to your mobile device as expected.
Step 4. Now, you can listen to Audible in airplane mode on an Android or iOS phone.
Listen to Audible Books Offline on PC
For Windows users, it's able to refer to the above steps to save Audible books offline via the Audible app. Besides, there are also other three ways to get Audible offline listening. You can download Audible books to PC and then import them to Audible Manager, WMP, iTunes for offline playback.
For Audible Manager: Please open the Audible Manager, and hit on the 'File' > 'Add Audio Files' button. It will open a new window, in which you can search and find Audible downloads. Now, please select and add offline Audible audiobooks to your Audible Manager.
For Windows Media Player or iTunes: This way needs to get support from Audible Download Manager. Please download this tool and launch it. Tap the 'Option' > 'Activate PC' option to sign up for your Audible account details. To import Audible books to them, please select the 'Option' > 'Import Audible Titles' > 'Import into iTunes and Windows Media Player Library' icon. Just confirm it by clicking the 'OK' button, and then Audible can be used offline.
Listen to Audible without Internet on Mac
If you are using macOS 10.14 or lower versions, you should use iTunes to play audiobooks without Internet. For macOS 10.15 Catalina and macOS 11 Big Sur, it has divided iTunes into Apple Books for enjoying Audible. Here are the detailed steps below.
Step 1. Find the favorite audiobook that you'd like to play offline. Right-click it to choose the 'Open with Books' button.
Step 2. If you don't authorize your computer, please do that by filling in your Audible account. It will pop up a window to click the 'Activate Now' button.
Step 3. After clicking it, all Audible books will be imported to your iBooks. You can listen to Audible without Internet on Mac now.
Part 2. How to Listen to Audible without WiFi & without Audible App
There are still may many portable devices that don't support the Audible app. For example, Sony Walkman, iPod Shuffle, SanDisk Sansa, or another popular MP3 player. What if you'd like to listen to Audible on them? Or you just want to listen to Audible without an app?
There is another effective way to listen to audiobooks without WiFi and the Audible app. It's to use AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter to do Audible format conversion.
It can download and convert Audible to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B with ID3 tags preserved. In this case, you can transfer them to other devices for offline playback without the Audible app. Besides, it can split Audible audiobooks by chapters, which makes the playback easier and more convenient.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
- Convert Audible books to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC, etc.
- Keep ID3 tags, chapters and all other metadata info
- Cut large Audible books into small segments by chapters
- Listen to Audible audiobooks offline on all devices without quality loss
- Convert Audible audiobooks, Apple Music and other audios too
How to Listen to Audible without WiFi
The following tutorial on how to listen to Audible on a PC without WiFi. You can also transfer converted Audible files to other players and devices for playback.
- Step 1Add downloaded Audible audiobooks to AudFree
- There are two ways to add downloaded Audible books to AudFree software. You can directly drop and drag Audible books from your computer to the AudFree program. Alternatively, you can click the 'Add Files' button to select audiobooks from iTunes.
- Step 2Set Audible output format as MP3
- Almost all devices are compatible with MP3 audio format. So you will highly recommend setting the output format as MP3 by clicking the 'audio' icon. In the setting window, you can customize other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, codes. But if you'd like to split audiobooks by chapters, you'd better set the output format as M4A. Because the MP3 format can't support playing audio files by chapters.
- Step 3Convert Audible books for offline playback
- Please click the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter will convert Audible books to target audio files by chapters that you set before. In general, the conversion time depends on how many audio files you have imported to.
- Now, you can locate converted audio books on your computer by clicking the 'file' icon. To listen to Audible audiobooks offline, please pug your device into the USB port on your computer. After that, you can drag and drop the Audible book folder to your device for offline listening.
Part 3. The Final Word
Here are two ways to listen to Audible offline. The official way is recommended to play audiobooks offline on devices that support the Audible app. It is more simple and easier. But if our player or device isn't compatible with the app, the second way is the only option. Anyway, it can make Audible more compatible and play more widely. One thing to note is that you need to purchase the full version to unlock the time limitation of AudFree software. Have fun with Audible books offline.